(partially) new Tundra coming?

D

Deleted member 9101

The electric motor isn't limited to 18mph... rather the engine is always running above 18mph. In tow-haul the electric motor is always on.
Only 32 mph behind the competition...haha.

utherjorge

Observer
L m a o... My last two trucks were Tundra's....they need more repairs that any domestic truck that I've owned. My in-laws Camry has been in the more shop more times than any vehicle that I've ever owned.

I have two Fords in my garage....both cost less than a comparable Toyota and have been just as reliable.

Toyotas glory days are long behind them....even Hyundai has matched their quality and reliability.
Ecoboosted sure has an awful lot to say on this thread

verrrrry interesting

Not to mention everything quoted above is either a logical fallacy or not supported by data

D

Deleted member 9101

Ecoboosted sure has an awful lot to say on this thread

verrrrry interesting

Not to mention everything quoted above is either a logical fallacy or not supported by data

Prove me wrong then...

utherjorge

Observer
Prove me wrong then...
Oh. Okay.

Most of what you said involved personal experience, which are useless when it comes to arguments. They're either examples of "hasty generalizations" or "Anecdotal fallacies."

Even though you made the post, and should therefore be the one to include your sources, suggesting that the Tundra nd/or Camry are unreliable is beyond ridiculous. Using JD Power (which is not great, but I'm not paying for Consumer Reports to anti-troll here) from 2021 to 2011, the Camry was above the Hyundai/Kia cars all but two years, and won their award three times.

Additionally, the Tundra won the JD Power award in 2020 and 2019.

Snip quote:
" Also, according to the past 15 years of J.D. Power awards, the Toyota Tundra has won (edited for misspelling) the most awards, defeating competitors multiple times."

I mean, you'll have to find something else to troll on, really

D

Deleted member 9101

Oh. Okay.

Most of what you said involved personal experience, which are useless when it comes to arguments. They're either examples of "hasty generalizations" or "Anecdotal fallacies."

Even though you made the post, and should therefore be the one to include your sources, suggesting that the Tundra nd/or Camry are unreliable is beyond ridiculous. Using JD Power (which is not great, but I'm not paying for Consumer Reports to anti-troll here) from 2021 to 2011, the Camry was above the Hyundai/Kia cars all but two years, and won their award three times.

Snip quote:
" Also, according to the past 15 years of J.D. Power awards, the Toyota Tundra has won (edited for misspelling) the most awards, defeating competitors multiple times."

L M A O. That's a lot of words to say "I can't prove you wrong."

FWIW I never said the Tundra or Camry were unreliable. All I said is that the ones that I've owned were less reliable than my domestic trucks. Although, the only vehicle that I've had towed home was a Tundra.

D

Deleted member 9101

Oh. Okay.

Snip quote:

Also, I sent a screen shot of your post to my mother in law... She asked if you want to buy her "reliable" Camry? It just had tranny number 3 put in and the A/C compressor was replaced.

utherjorge

Observer
Also, I sent a screen shot of your post to my mother in law... She asked if you want to buy her "reliable" Camry? It just had tranny number 3 put in and the A/C compressor was replaced.
Continue to tell me you don't understand how to use logic without telling me you don't understand how to use logic

seriously, priceless stuff here

D

Deleted member 9101

Continue to tell me you don't understand how to use logic without telling me you don't understand how to use logic

seriously, priceless stuff here

Way to completely avoid an issue and sling thinly vailed insults. Her car has been a complete POS... What JD Powers or any other stasticial metric says is irrelevant... It doesn't change the fact that her Camry, with less than 100k on it is on tranny number 3.

Welcome to the ignore list.

ChasingOurTrunks

The electric motor isn't limited to 18mph... rather the engine is always running above 18mph. In tow-haul the electric motor is always on.

Thanks rruf, I didn't realize that. I'm going to have to do some more thinking and reading to better understand the design, that but I'll edit my previous post to reflect that I had a misunderstanding.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Gents, I'm stepping in as the Admin here. The banter I'm reading doesn't align with the terms of use you all agreed to when you signed up to participate. We treat each other with a gentleman's decorum at Expedition Portal and exercise the Golden Rule. Please amend your responses and behaviors so I don't have to send some of you on vacation or worse, lock this thread down. In the immortal words of Andy Griffith, "act like you got some smarts!"

D

onemanarmy

Explorer
the new Tundra is ugly, overstyled, overly complex, fails in a number of key categories, will no doubt be less reliable, and will do nothing but increase the value of the 2nd gens.

Typical Toyota moves here. Nothing new.

You have a trillion dollar car company, a blank slate, and this is what you do?!

But look at the size of that screen!

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
the new Tundra is ugly, overstyled, overly complex, fails in a number of key categories, will no doubt be less reliable, and will do nothing but increase the value of the 2nd gens.

Typical Toyota moves here. Nothing new.

You have a trillion dollar car company, a blank slate, and this is what you do?!

But look at the size of that screen!
Overly complex compared to what? Seems similar to other new pick ups? Maybe not a 60's FJ45....

I think it's a titch too early to say it will be less reliable as it's not even for sale yet. My newer vehicles have sure been a lot more reliable than my 60's / 70's and 80's vehicles....

I've only seen the higher end models. I'm sure the SR / SR5 will have fewer features. Similar to an XL Ford or Tradesman Ram.

dstock

Explorer
Overly complex compared to what? Seems similar to other new pick ups? Maybe not a 60's FJ45....

I think it's a titch too early to say it will be less reliable as it's not even for sale yet. My newer vehicles have sure been a lot more reliable than my 60's / 70's and 80's vehicles....

I've only seen the higher end models. I'm sure the SR / SR5 will have fewer features. Similar to an XL Ford or Tradesman Ram.

I agree, it's going to be awhile before we will see any true reliability standings on any of these new hybrids and plug in hybrids. The Ford Powerboost has barely been out a year, the Wranger 4xe a few months and despite Toyota having made hybrids for a number of years now, this iteration is new for them as well. I think the power output of all of them is pretty amazing especially with the low end grunt they get from the electric motors.

While I am a fan of all the new tech, I am also aware and have experienced the growing pains of new tech and first generation of any vehicle. That said, this is a great time to be alive when it comes to new vehicles and the number of options we have today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles