Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

ebrabaek

Adventurer
HI Ebrabaek you Sir are a legend on this channel according to me. I have gone thru all of the pages here and I love the modifications you di your Smitty as you called it. I'm buying the side boxes from Harbor Freight and the Power Tank brace for the 11 lbs propane tank. Question: What brand is the roof basket you put on it? I will be doing your rear bumper on mine as well but the tire carrier seems a bit more complicated but I will need it.

Please keep on checking on us the new owners. Thank You.

Here ya go... :)

Here ya go... :)

Thank You so much, I just bought the one that is square and 6" tall from the same brand and it comes with a net for $209.00 amazon has a $40.00 off coupon on it today 9-18-21.

Do you have the measurements on the rear bumper, I will go back and re-read your instructions but I don't remember if the actual measurements are their. Thanks again :)

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Thank You so much, I just bought the one that is square and 6" tall from the same brand and it comes with a net for $209.00 amazon has a $40.00 off coupon on it today 9-18-21.

Do you have the measurements on the rear bumper, I will go back and re-read your instructions but I don't remember if the actual measurements are their. Thanks again :)

I'm sorry but I don't.
I do however remember someone asking and I gave the measurements in a thread after the build.

trae

Adventurer
Nothing special really.
2021 Apex nano 194bhs.
A bit of custermization but a typical off grid box.
Still drawing up plans for a total from the ground up build of a Timbren axled Carbon Fiber off road trailer.
I plan on making the panels myself with a 1 inch foam core.
Just gotta find the cash...... ha ha. Colorado is expensive.

Cool “little” unit. Even though it has nano in the name it’s still pretty big vs the scout!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Cool “little” unit. Even though it has nano in the name it’s still pretty big vs the scout!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah.... your right.... but just right for a fam of four while I try to wrap my head around the design for the new build....?

cptmishu1984

After years of drooling over a bunch of trailers I finally pulled the trigger and placed an order with my local 4wd shop for a scout.
Ive read this thread a bunch of times and have plenty of ideas with what i want to do over the next 2-3 years with the trailer.

here is my first question: which model max coupler are yall pulling the trailer with?
Im going to tow with my F150 and its lifted about3 to 1.5” un the rear depending on the load - ive installed additional leaf springs.

Jr from CUOffroad recommended that i get the MC235, but im not sure if the trailer side has enough depth to accommodate the extra length.

my trailer arrives in 6-8 weeks so im trying to sort out a few essentials before it gets here

jojackc

After years of drooling over a bunch of trailers I finally pulled the trigger and placed an order with my local 4wd shop for a scout.
Ive read this thread a bunch of times and have plenty of ideas with what i want to do over the next 2-3 years with the trailer.

here is my first question: which model max coupler are yall pulling the trailer with?
Im going to tow with my F150 and its lifted about3 to 1.5” un the rear depending on the load - ive installed additional leaf springs.

Jr from CUOffroad recommended that i get the MC235, but im not sure if the trailer side has enough depth to accommodate the extra length.

my trailer arrives in 6-8 weeks so im trying to sort out a few essentials before it gets here

The MC235 is what I have on my trailer works like a charm, it is going to make your trailer tongue longer. If you don't want that then I would go with the MC100. I personally like the added length to the tongue though.

McDowra

Observer
The MC235 is what I have on my trailer works like a charm, it is going to make your trailer tongue longer. If you don't want that then I would go with the MC100. I personally like the added length to the tongue though.
Yep i also have the MC235 and would recommend it.

Hi Guys,

So I already bout the 2 tongue boxes from Harbor Freight (the bigger ones) to put on each side of the fenders also bought the roof rack from amazon to install. My question is can I fit this water tank in the rear under carriage...
Valterra R8036 8" x 16" x 36" ABS Water Tank

I have seem some guys on this tread install them in the back but if I remember correctly they are small one like 9 and 10 gallons. I would like to do just one big one.

jojackc

Hi Guys,

So I already bout the 2 tongue boxes from Harbor Freight (the bigger ones) to put on each side of the fenders also bought the roof rack from amazon to install. My question is can I fit this water tank in the rear under carriage...
Valterra R8036 8" x 16" x 36" ABS Water Tank

I have seem some guys on this tread install them in the back but if I remember correctly they are small one like 9 and 10 gallons. I would like to do just one big one.

Got under my rig and did some measurement's since this tank interested me as well hehe. The only way you could fit this in there would be if you removed the rear hitch assy and its still really close you would have to be really careful with pipe placement. I know for a fact the 9 gallon is what everyone else has used, well that I've seen. You might be able to get the 12 gallon to fit without modifying anything but once again you will need to be very careful with pipe placements.

cptmishu1984

First ever electrical project. Everything works as it should, I didn’t catch anything on fire or get electrocuted ? relieved and stoked!
SOK 100ah lithium. BcDC1225d solar & DCDC charger. Renogy 1000w inverter. Running fridge, lights, water pump, and USB’s. View attachment 666187
Im running the same DC to DC charger in my truck to charge my aux battery. How did you wire the redarc to the trailer? Did you use a pin in the towing harness or did you run a separate line to your main battery?

tripc

Observer
Question on the Max-Coupler
Is everyone going with the XL(Longer) one or the original sized one. What are the benefits going with the longer one??

Silverback07

Adventurer
Mine allowed me to clear the swingout on my rear bumper that holds 2 jerrry cans and a full size tire. With the extra length it was took close and would hit in turns.

Potato quality photo but the old hitch point was far too close to the tongue box.
IMG_9846 (Large).jpg

Hi Guys,

Help me with this decision, what is a good tent to go with? I like the price on the smittybilt XL gen 2 but I also would like one that is completyl black out on the inside. I have seem one but cannot remember my max would be $2,400 or under that is already a lot in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles