Kingstar Camino - Any Input?

KTMCampr

Looking to potentially pull the trigger on a new truck camper and i really like the floorplans and features of the Kingstar Camino 88. Any forum members seen one in the flesh or even better yet own one? From what I can tell the construction seems solid, weight reasonable and their horse trailers are written up well. Negatives as I see it would be unknown long term history and build quality and price (40K+ equipped).

I would be pairing it with a newer F350 SRW truck with a long bed. Also considering the Northern Lite & Bigfoot campers as they are for sure proven but they are even pricier and I really like the floor-plans of the Camino.

SitesSD

I was looking at those too and liked the layouts. However, the fairly steep price that you pointed out for what I would consider the basics, combined with a wood-framed construction was what killed it for me. At $40k+, you're getting close to Northern Lite range - especially used prices.

KTMCampr

Sites SD; agreed which is a bummer as I really like the interiors etc. but the price seems steep. The wood frame doesn't necessarily kill it for me but I can't say it's a plus either. I need to go look at a Northern Lite in person as well however the one issue that I see could be a deal breaker for me would be the 6'4" interior height. I am 6'3" Tall so that is cutting it close.

cobro92

Wood framing isn’t necessarily a bad thing as long as it is well built. But 40k is a lot for a wood framed camper with no composites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SitesSD

Sites SD; agreed which is a bummer as I really like the interiors etc. but the price seems steep. The wood frame doesn't necessarily kill it for me but I can't say it's a plus either. I need to go look at a Northern Lite in person as well however the one issue that I see could be a deal breaker for me would be the 6'4" interior height. I am 6'3" Tall so that is cutting it close.

6'4" here, so I hear ya on the interior height limitations. But according to the NL specs, the interior "headroom" is 6'8". Though I know that a few video reviews have pointed out that the interior part of the AC unit is lower than that.

https://northern-lite.com/10-2-ex-le-dry-interior/

Darwin

Explorer
I had a wood framed Northstar camper. I would never recommend buying one and if I could do it all over I would go with something other than wood.

Darwin

Explorer
Did it rot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THey all rot, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I guess if you plan to only take it where it hardly ever rains or snows like southern AZ it might be an issue, but in time they all rot. People will say as long as you keep up on maintenance yada yada you will have nothing to worry about. The fact is, water intrusion happens and you don't always see, most often by the time you do, it's too late.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles