Snow Peak Addiction

Chris Boyd

Explorer
anyone else notice that REI somehow became the sole US retailer for the Snowpeak XL pack and carry firepit?
https://www.rei.com/product/193918/snow-peak-pack-carry-fireplace-xl

its listed as the size LL on the Snowpeak japan website but its not on the Snowpeak US website unless im just dumb and can't find it

also they do have an all blacked out 3U and 4U IGT frame with black legs on the Japan website :love:

There is a larger bundle of stuff on the SP site, but I do think they gave REI some exclusive rights to the packNcarry as a standalone sale. I’m guessing it was to smooth the relationship after SP declared the US HQ and pulling most the SP catalog out of there (which was small to say the least).

As for inventory, I’m guessing they are waiting out the shipping prices for containers rather than take margin hits or have to raise prices. I would tell you that they are good at making scarcity drive demand, but for floga, I think this is just them ramping production and trying to manage the costs. I think they have a tight price window where some would just bring their Solo fire pit.

Lennart

Adventurer
Snagged this discontinued rack and wood top recently
That is a good score, nice (y)
That is an item from the same period as the Snowpeak multi-stand. It is my go to item paired with the GS-220, a 2 unit IGT and hanging rack for a killer compact setup. 2 unit IGT with your kitchenrack and top might be even better :D

TooGouda

black legs came in! i still wish i had a blacked out frame but its going to look better as a coffee table now with the black legs. just drop in a burner and make coffee or tea!
i have a half box that im storing some mugs and such in so it will be ready to go if someone is visiting :D

1630377933728.png

billstevenson

For my first post, I wanted to share that the Tembo Tusk IGT insert works just great for the Oris skottle. While the tripod works great I am generally not doing anything so lightweight with the skottle that I wouldn’t also likely be able to bring an IGT to.

Attachments

• B0B04CB8-EB95-4EB0-B1E5-4F664BDC4FF7.jpeg
    B0B04CB8-EB95-4EB0-B1E5-4F664BDC4FF7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
  • DA5F93A6-DD35-44AC-8A3F-51A26118A6EA.jpeg
    DA5F93A6-DD35-44AC-8A3F-51A26118A6EA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  • 7C270E02-0ECA-47A6-9332-4E329B28B8EF.jpeg
    7C270E02-0ECA-47A6-9332-4E329B28B8EF.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57

TooGouda

takibi fire pit XL is finally on the Snowpeak US website... you could already get one from REI but its here for real now i guess haha

EPICBYTES

Ended up splurging again... I have not really seen any posts about the Grill Burner (griddle with drainage). Decided to grab one since I want to step up my cooking game and have quick cookouts without lugging around pans and et cetera.

Does anyone here has one? Winds proven to be problematic?

TooGouda

Ended up splurging again... I have not really seen any posts about the Grill Burner (griddle with drainage). Decided to grab one since I want to step up my cooking game and have quick cookouts without lugging around pans and et cetera.

Does anyone here has one? Winds proven to be problematic?
im about to order one of those too i think. fire bans are starting to lift around here now but i feel like i need a gas canister grill option for when the fire bans come back again. i couldn't grill for like 4 months this year because of fire bans since i normally grill with fire or charcoal when i camp and thats not allowed when fires are banned

dcg141

Adventurer
any one ever use one of these Giga LI Stoves?
I honestly don't know what I would do with one unless i needed to make a cauldron of soup for 20 people some day :ROFLMAO:
but they look like a rocket booster that puts a serious dent in your wallet lol
View attachment 678543
I have one with the now discontinued wok ring. It has some real firepower.

Attachments

• wok.jpg
    wok.jpg
    527 KB · Views: 66

EPICBYTES

im about to order one of those too i think. fire bans are starting to lift around here now but i feel like i need a gas canister grill option for when the fire bans come back again. i couldn't grill for like 4 months this year because of fire bans since i normally grill with fire or charcoal when i camp and thats not allowed when fires are banned
I plan on using adapter and small 5lb propane tank, or those DOT complaint 1lb refillable tank by flameking. I have feeling that the trend would lean towards fire bans due to all of wildfires and how much they are costing the government to put it out and repair the damages it causes.

I am located in new england where wildfires are virtually nonexistent, but I can see firebans happening due to negligence from majority of population.

In short, I justified another snowpeak purchase hahaha.

TooGouda

I have one with the now discontinued wok ring. It has some real firepower.
thats a good looking wok though :love: where does one get one of those? any tips on buying one?
I have a ceramic coated non-stick one I have been using on an electric stove... but i would love to get a traditional steel one as my home one can't do high heat

if i ever get one of these blaster stoves i could always make my own wok ring as well...nothing a welder and a grinder can't make on a weekend :ROFLMAO:

TooGouda

I plan on using adapter and small 5lb propane tank, or those DOT complaint 1lb refillable tank by flameking. I have feeling that the trend would lean towards fire bans due to all of wildfires and how much they are costing the government to put it out and repair the damages it causes.

I am located in new england where wildfires are virtually nonexistent, but I can see firebans happening due to negligence from majority of population.

In short, I justified another snowpeak purchase hahaha.
this year in the west its been the worst i have seen since i moved out here. you almost gotta watch how much hotsauce you put on stuff because you might fart and spark another wildfire :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles