Quick & Dirty water dispensing pump for Scepter MWC

SBSYNCRO

I got a great deal on some LCI cans not long ago and have really been enjoying them for carting water. The do not impart flavors to the water, even when stored in desert heat for a week or more. The only downside is that they are awkward to handle. So I came up with a prototype dispensing system as a trial using very inexpensive parts. If I like it after a trip or two, I will buy a far more expensive manual pump that will probably last a lot longer.

Parts:
MWC from LCI
Extra Lid
Hand Pump
Silicone Tubing

On the spare cap, I removed the dispensing cap and cut the remaining threads flush to the top of the cap. I also trimmed off the "retaining collar" that holds the cap to the neck of the can just to make it easier to put on and take off

Next I enlarged the hole to 1-14" using a round file. A drill press and hole saw would be more accurate, but this plastic is really soft and cut quickly and easily with a round file.

I inserted the pump and threaded the retaining collar onto it from under the cap and installed a piece of tubing just long enough to reach the bottom of the can (cut at an angle).

Total project took about 15 minutes.
IMG_6158.jpegIMG_6159.jpeg

Here's the result:

SBSYNCRO

That's great! I currently do something similar, using this electric faucet without any modification to the cap. While the battery lasts for days and days and charges quick, I often think a manual pump (no maintenance) would be nice.

I used one of those electric ones but I’m trying to reduce my dependence on constantly charging stuff.

Manual coffee grinder, manual water pumps, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superduty

Adventurer
I use one of those electric ones. Recharges using USB. Mine has pumped 15 gallons before i recharged it. I'm not sure how much more it would have pumped.

15 gallons is about 3 trips. It's so easy with the Scepter can, i won't ever bother with a manual pump or anything else for the Scepter can.

I think mine was $10 on Amazon. I was thinking of getting a back up for when it breaks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

tall

I use one of those electric ones. Recharges using USB. Mine has pumped 15 gallons before i recharged it. I'm not sure how much more it would have pumped.

15 gallons is about 3 trips. It's so easy with the Scepter can, i won't ever bother with a manual pump or anything else for the Scepter can.

I think mine was $10 on Amazon. I was thinking of getting a back up for when it breaks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Do you have a photo of it on the can? Does is just sit on the pour spout? Screw on?

dfinn

Adventurer
I'm assuming he means this or one just like it. I use this one on the same water jug pictured above. Works great, easily lasts a 3 day weekend (+5 gallons) before needing a recharged and it's cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94