Snow Peak Addiction

alexcivick

Observer
Will the Floga work with the grill grate?

Snow Peak says no but some have said they’ve stuck the grate on top. The large grate is longer than the dimensions of the Floga so I assume the bridge and grate could fit? Supposedly the Floga will restock in the fall I for sure am going to jump at the chance I want one……. And a Jikaro Fire Ring…And…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TooGouda

Get the 3U extension table. It's the same size as the frame (so it stores in the same bag) and way more useful and stable than the round corner. You're toting the two extra legs anyway; might as well get some actual real estate. Then you won't need the half-box hanger, and can put the box under the cutting board, so you won't need a box cover. Two extra pieces no longer needed, and more real estate!
hmmmm that does sound good... but I would probably also bring the corner too and then have an L shaped kitchen! ?

I normally use the standing height legs...but I also have some sitting legs i can use if i got the table extension. do you think a table extension would make more sense or to get a second frame? I was thinking of getting either another 3U or maybe a 4U frame. then using the height adjusters and some inserts to add it on as a sitting table to my standing height kitchen

Last edited:

Elwin

Snow Peak says no but some have said they’ve stuck the grate on top. The large grate is longer than the dimensions of the Floga so I assume the bridge and grate could fit? Supposedly the Floga will restock in the fall I for sure am going to jump at the chance I want one……. And a Jikaro Fire Ring…And…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s available for order now on snow peak website, just FYI

Riptide

Explorer
I normally use the standing height legs...but I also have some sitting legs i can use if i got the table extension. do you think a table extension would make more sense or to get a second frame? I was thinking of getting either another 3U or maybe a 4U frame. then using the height adjusters and some inserts to add it on as a sitting table to my standing height kitchen

My standard setup is a frame, a table extension of the same size, a pair of height adjusters, and 6 legs (4 standing, and 2 adjustable), and a bag. I'm fortunate in that I have a number of the dual height legs, so being able to make either is pretty nice. Sometimes I make the table the dining table, and sometimes it's the prep area. Occassionally I'll throw in a corner, but that means two more legs for very little added work area/

To answer your question, if I were you, I'd buy the table before I bought another frame. I rarely want for another frame, and the frames are pretty heavy. ( And I have, like 6 frames I think).

TooGouda

My standard setup is a frame, a table extension of the same size, a pair of height adjusters, and 6 legs (4 standing, and 2 adjustable), and a bag. I'm fortunate in that I have a number of the dual height legs, so being able to make either is pretty nice. Sometimes I make the table the dining table, and sometimes it's the prep area. Occassionally I'll throw in a corner, but that means two more legs for very little added work area/

To answer your question, if I were you, I'd buy the table before I bought another frame. I rarely want for another frame, and the frames are pretty heavy. ( And I have, like 6 frames I think).
hmmm...would you change your answer to get another frame with inserts if i said i was going to use my set up for my dinning room table at home as well as outdoors? i kind of like the idea of making soup or other things right at the table when i don't need the whole kitchen. i have been using my 3U at home as my coffee/tea station in the mornings at least a few times a week. in the end i think i would like a table extension and also another frame, but whichever one i don't buy first i will likely wait until next spring to get the other

DesertSand05

Observer
Snow Peak USA just got some FES stuff in. Its mostly the tables with black legs instead of the regular Aluminum, but if your collecting the snow peak stuff in black f it would be worth buying before it disappears. They also have the multi-containers in black.

Can't say any off the FES interested me this year, but a lot of the regular new stuff was pretty cool, most of it still hasn't made it to the US yet.

Riptide

Explorer
hmmm...would you change your answer to get another frame with inserts if i said i was going to use my set up for my dinning room table at home as well as outdoors? i kind of like the idea of making soup or other things right at the table when i don't need the whole kitchen. i have been using my 3U at home as my coffee/tea station in the mornings at least a few times a week. in the end i think i would like a table extension and also another frame, but whichever one i don't buy first i will likely wait until next spring to get the other

Sounds intriguing. I tried a cooking/dining setup this summer for 4, using the rounded edge tables that SP makes for overseas. It was fun; we used two single BBQ boxes, and cooked while we yapped and drank.

I still find the table extension more useful more often, but that's just me. As you said, you'll end up with both anyway!! All good!

TooGouda

Sounds intriguing. I tried a cooking/dining setup this summer for 4, using the rounded edge tables that SP makes for overseas. It was fun; we used two single BBQ boxes, and cooked while we yapped and drank.

I still find the table extension more useful more often, but that's just me. As you said, you'll end up with both anyway!! All good!
those round edge table extensions do look pretty cool for that kind of hangout. ill probably grab a pair if they ever release some again

TooGouda

Snow Peak USA just got some FES stuff in. Its mostly the tables with black legs instead of the regular Aluminum, but if your collecting the snow peak stuff in black f it would be worth buying before it disappears. They also have the multi-containers in black.

Can't say any off the FES interested me this year, but a lot of the regular new stuff was pretty cool, most of it still hasn't made it to the US yet.
i didn't know i was going to buy anything from snowpeak when i got up this morning... but now I have 3 sets of the black 400 legs on the way to use for my set up at home for my coffee tea station :ROFLMAO:

now if only they will release an all black 2U IGT frame and rerelease the 1U BBQ box and i will have the ultimate packable blacked out tailgate & grill set up ?
an all black 2U set up with the renewed bamboo insert would look so good as a coffee table (that also makes coffee)

TooGouda

any one ever use one of these Giga LI Stoves?
I honestly don't know what I would do with one unless i needed to make a cauldron of soup for 20 people some day :ROFLMAO:
but they look like a rocket booster that puts a serious dent in your wallet lol
1629950002369.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles