fuso 4x4 rebuild

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Well finally got the truck fired up on the weekend and drove it around the block, it all seems good!:) the front suspension is great! engine/transmission all good! diffs all good! brakes all good! i bite of a relief considering all the mods and reconditioning done, the engine needed the fuel winding up, when the pump was rebuild they would of set the fuel for a normally aspirated engine, the boost hangs around 1 bar (15psi) the most I've seen is 1 1/2 bar, no exhaust at the moment so it's very noisy.

I've been wanting to do this for a while so here it is.
You gotta get it on the road.

Dan.

Last edited:

alan

Explorer
Oh wow!! memories!!
At the moment there's just not enough hours in the day, i have been working weekends trying to catch up at work but i should'nt complain it pays the bill's

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
It's sounding pretty good, that's for sure. Nothing quite like that first roll out under power, is there?

Congrats!

Sitec

Adventurer
Well, you've achieved a lot since I last looked in!! Not long until the first trip I'm guessing... :)

khalid

fuel timing problem

Hi, can you please send me photos of the fuel pump adjustment, i have a 4d32 engine as well, and having trouble with its timing, all the help is appreciated😛 and your build is the most amazing thing i will ever see!😊

alan

Explorer
the adjuster screw is on top of the pump, with the wire and lock nut on it, this only has a limited amount of fuel adjustment in it, if you have a turbo fitted the pump will need to come off the be recalibrated on the bench for more flow. this screw does not adjust timing, the complete pump is rotated to adjust pump timing.

blackduck

Explorer
must be something in the water, after some time ive finally come out of my self imposed social media black hole. that is to say im back on the portal. stalkbook and the rest are still not to my liking. so when do we expect to see the full suite of pictures and mods.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Good one, glad to hear your out and about and getting it finished. There is still the trip up to the Cape that you said you wanted to join us on.

Hey, "Blackduck" is back as well. Let the games begin.

Dan.

alan

Explorer
must be something in the water, after some time ive finally come out of my self imposed social media black hole. that is to say im back on the portal. stalkbook and the rest are still not to my liking. so when do we expect to see the full suite of pictures and mods.
The engineer has inspected the truck, structurally nothing wrong, it will be registered as a new truck, minor things like lighting needs to meet latest regs, brake testing, and possible emissions testing which is all doable.

alan

Explorer
Good one, glad to hear your out and about and getting it finished. There is still the trip up to the Cape that you said you wanted to join us on.

Hey, "Blackduck" is back as well. Let the games begin.

Dan.
Hi Dan, unfortunately my wife is ill with cancer and can no longer walk, so getting in the canter is impossible so once it is engineered and registered i will have to sell it, but i have purchased a 6x6 landcruiser which my wife can climb in so this will get a slide on camper build for it and travelling started hopefully.

Attachments

• 26072769.jpg
    26072769.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 26

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles