AEV 3.5” lift on 37s - 2015 JKUR

vonguido

Adventurer
Hey all,

I need some input from the community. I have a 2015 Jeep JKUR hardrock edition, stock. I was originally going to go with a Rock Krawler 3.5” X-Factor mid arm kit with Fox 2.5 adjustable shocks(pushing $5K).
However due to some other things I need to look at switching gears to something less expensive. Enter the AEV 3.5” lift kit.
I’m dead set on running 37s, so is there anyone running this combo? I’d like to know any pros/cons.

I live in Ohio, so forest roads, mud, hill climbs, and getting to camping spots and Scout events are the main purpose of this rig - 75% road 25% trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

en480c4

Observer
I had the 3.5" AEV lift on one of my JKUs and loved it. Ride, handling and off road all saw significant improvements. I believe the only thing you need to change with the 3.5" for 37's is to use the 4.5" kit bump stop extensions in the rear. It's a pretty common configuration and the parts are available direct from AEV.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
As you know if you as a overland you must only go 5% tire size over stock and spend your money on solar panels , camp kitchens , 270 deg awnings , max tracks , led lights to make your Instagram photos look better at sunset and my god you better buy a drone ….

Personally, I spend my money on that stuff because my Jeeps are already plenty capable to drive around the world, and I like to actually enjoy my time on the road.
So I want a comfy place to sleep, a fridge and a nice kitchen so I can cook my own meals out in the wilderness.
The last thing in the world I want is to be someplace where I can simply buy meals.

-Dan

Smileyshaun

Observer
Personally, I spend my money on that stuff because my Jeeps are already plenty capable to drive around the world, and I like to actually enjoy my time on the road.
So I want a comfy place to sleep, a fridge and a nice kitchen so I can cook my own meals out in the wilderness.
The last thing in the world I want is to be someplace where I can simply buy meals.

-Dan

Sweet you want to drive around the world , he wants his jeep to look better to him . Everybody likes something different and has different needs and wants .

vonguido

Adventurer
Sweet you want to drive around the world , he wants his jeep to look better to him . Everybody likes something different and has different needs and wants .

I will be taking it off-road. Just not Moab or the Rubicon unfortunately.

harpersJK

Complete drivetrain overhaul....

-Currie 44/60 axle setup with 5.13 gears
-Dynatrac ball joints
-Complete Steersmart steering setup
-AEV high capacity springs
-JKS upper and lower adjustable control arms
-Adams front and rear driveshafts
-Teraflex upgraded front and rear brake setup
-Steersmart front and rear trackbars
-JRI custom jeep shocks
-AEV borah beadlock wheels

and I'm sure a lot more that I'm not thinking about.

I built this to go to MOAB and not break, hopefully.

No issues at all, except I spent a bunch of money.... As for how it drives, when done correctly, as good if not better than stock.

Randy

billiebob

Complete drivetrain overhaul....

-Currie 44/60 axle setup with 5.13 gears
-Dynatrac ball joints
-Complete Steersmart steering setup
-AEV high capacity springs
-JKS upper and lower adjustable control arms
-Adams front and rear driveshafts
-Teraflex upgraded front and rear brake setup
-Steersmart front and rear trackbars
-JRI custom jeep shocks
-AEV borah beadlock wheels

and I'm sure a lot more that I'm not thinking about.

I built this to go to MOAB and not break, hopefully.

No issues at all, except I spent a bunch of money.... As for how it drives, when done correctly, as good if not better than stock.

Randy
this ^^^ well done for all the correct reasons

I was a huge fan of AEV until I realized they will quit building parts for you as fast as Jeep changes models.
Best Engineering Supplier EVER..... Absolute disaster at marketing and customer support.
There are choices, AEV is cool but long term I really regret choosing anything AEV.

vonguido

Adventurer
this ^^^ well done for all the correct reasons

I was a huge fan of AEV until I realized they will quit building parts for you as fast as Jeep changes models.
Best Engineering Supplier EVER..... Absolute disaster at marketing and customer support.
There are choices, AEV is cool but long term I really regret choosing anything AEV.

Good to know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles