Rear Bumper w/ Swingout Tire Carrier for F150... Why doesn't this exist!?!?

Leaf Springs:
F150 Deaver 1" Lift Rear HD Leaf Springs (Deletes Block) L84HD (P/N: DEAL84HD or L84HD)

UCA:
F150 SPC Adjustable Forged Upper Control Arms (P/N: 25680)

View attachment 672552

View attachment 672553

No, I did not request coating on the leafs, but that's a good idea. Do you have a recommendation? I do plan on having some sort of under coating to resist the salt corrosion during the winter...
The L84s are exactly what you wanted, great to see that's what you ended up purchasing. The best long term solution is to take the leaf pack apart and have it powder coated then treat it regularly with Amsoil HDMP. Rustoleum is an option as well if PC isn't available to you.

Grab the SPC HD cam alignment kit, its usually less than $100USD.

Timbren bump stops would also be worth looking into depending on your weight when loaded.

Chunks

The L84s are exactly what you wanted, great to see that's what you ended up purchasing. The best long term solution is to take the leaf pack apart and have it powder coated then treat it regularly with Amsoil HDMP. Rustoleum is an option as well if PC isn't available to you.

Grab the SPC HD cam alignment kit, its usually less than $100USD.

Timbren bump stops would also be worth looking into depending on your weight when loaded.

Groovy - Thanks a lot for the very useful feedback.

skrypj

Why not the C range KO2’s? Thats what i have and on a set of VenomRex VR602’s they are only like 2 lbs heavier than the stock setup . So far I am still averaging 17 mpg, vs maybe 17.5-18 on my 275/60R20 Duratracs.

72f7a9180151de2c7cbe31066e028bf2.jpg

Chunks

Why not the C range KO2’s? Thats what i have and on a set of VenomRex VR602’s they are only like 2 lbs heavier than the stock setup . So far I am still averaging 17 mpg, vs maybe 17.5-18 on my 275/60R20 Duratracs.

72f7a9180151de2c7cbe31066e028bf2.jpg

That's a valid question and I may suffer because of my choice. With the tent and RSi cap I still get 22-24 mpg (3.5L EB)... because I drive like a Tachophobic octogenarian. Seriously, on the Hwy is eco-mode, cruise control, 65 mph, middle lane.

Specifically why E rating? Because I am paranoid and risk adverse, working in Aerospace does that to a person. Yet, perhaps I will see that E's are excessive and switch to C's based on some objective evidence.

Great looking rig btw! Those meats look sweet, can't wait for mine.

skrypj

That's a valid question and I may suffer because of my choice. With the tent and RSi cap I still get 22-24 mpg (3.5L EB)... because I drive like a Tachophobic octogenarian. Seriously, on the Hwy is eco-mode, cruise control, 65 mph, middle lane.

Specifically why E rating? Because I am paranoid and risk adverse, working in Aerospace does that to a person. Yet, perhaps I will see that E's are excessive and switch to C's based on some objective evidence.

Thanks. I totally stumbled on this setup. A guy literally 5 minutes from my house was selling these wheels/tires off his Raptor so he could move to 37's for $1400 including the spare. Basically new. I drove over there so fast to pick them up it wasnt even funny.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Toyota rules the game in overland stuff, especially in so cal where I am. I cant go 5 miles without seeing a taco or T4R completely decked out with overland stuff.

You might be able to find one for the raptor. What year is your truck? 90% of aftermarket support for the raptor crowd will fit on the newer generation F150's. Not sure what they have in regards to swing outs but cant hurt to look.
Agree. San Diego's saturated with tricked out Tacoma's with thousands of dollars worth of add-ons that look like they just got out of the detail shop. We have to drive 1.5 hrs just to reach the desert. The owners of them and Sprinters appear to all have scruffs and their beenies are surgically implanted I guess.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper

I get that. I run E-rated Duratracs on my F150 for the same reason. I also drive the same way you do, haha

Chunks

Op why not make a simple bumper and swing out?

A homemade bumper on a new truck would be legit.

Crossed my mind... For a day when I have more time. Thought should do that sooner than later since I currently have access to NASTRAN and FeMap... ya know, so I can REEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAALLLLLLLY over think the build.

Grassland

A Fiddy is angular enough a nice square-ish tube bumper at the back wouldn't look too out of place. Especially when disguised with a large AT/MT tire

Chunks

Ok ok ok, this is getting out of hand now..

Clearly, the only reasonable solution is to machine the ENTIRE bumper from a singular massive Ti billet. Nothing else sufficiently conveys the uber-************ globe treking professional overlander imagine I desperately desire...while getting a hoagie at WaWa.

This whole bumper thing has been demoted on my priority list of truck mods. Nitrous and a massive spoiler are now #1!

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Booyeah!
I wish I had money and room for a reg cab Short box.

Also note that aftermarket hitches may effect the fitment of the spare. I have an aftermarket hitch and that's my closest spot. Right now the 34x10.5R17 at 45 psi fits, a size bigger would be tight. OEM hitch and I'd have more room I think
I had a couple Reg Cab Short boxes. Don't know that I'd want another though.

DSCF0056.jpg

nightshoot007.jpg

dbhost

$2200 though. To hold your tire.

Apparently you cannot be poor and enjoy overlanding based on what I see here and on GXOR :ROFLMAO:. You must spend a manditory $10k cash to even think about it.

That is kind of why I am doing my build a piece at a time and using what I have, or have been collecting literally for at least 35 years. Lots of estate sale camping gear, lower to mid range stuff modded to fit my specific needs etc...

Before I am ready to hit the trails, I likely will have another $10K sunk into it, but I am going through a total engine overhaul, gears, some body work due to failed door hardware for my backdoors which is common on SuperCabs...

Honestly, I would be money way ahead just buying a similar vintage Silverado, but I would be back at square one. Probably make it just about even by the time the winch is mounted etc...

It's honestly a pity Isuzu stopped selling in the US. I actually liked the Rodeo. A female friend (NOT girlfriend) I knew before I met my wife had one. It was actually a shockingly competent off roader considering it was so cheap and cushy for its era.... She could almsot keep up with my CJ-7...

Honestly that is one way to drive costs down, start with less popular 4x4 models. Isuzus, 90s / early 2000s Nissan, Mitsubishi etc...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles