Grand Cherokee oil change

ADVNOMAD

Picked up a new to us 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited (V6) recently. Got it just before I had to go out on Fire with the Forest Service. So I talked to my wife the other day and she thought it would be a good idea to get the oil changed since we don't really know the last time it was done. She goes to a quickie Quaker State joint who milks her for $102 for what they say is "manufacture recommended" Synthetic 0W20. Huh? what is 0W20 and a $102 smackers. I said ok, next time wait till I get home!!

WOODY2

Adventurer
Picked up a new to us 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited (V6) recently. Got it just before I had to go out on Fire with the Forest Service. So I talked to my wife the other day and she thought it would be a good idea to get the oil changed since we don't really know the last time it was done. She goes to a quickie Quaker State joint who milks her for $102 for what they say is "manufacture recommended" Synthetic 0W20. Huh? what is 0W20 and a $102 smackers. I said ok, next time wait till I get home!!
Watch the for the sales at Wal Mart or Costco. Put a Fumoto valve on it and you'll be good to go.

jadmt

ignore button user
yup 0w20 synthetic is what they take should have been about $26 5 qt jug of mobil 1 or Pennzoil ultra Platinum and $10 mopar filter.

ADVNOMAD

Lesson learned! I see the Fumoto for my V6 is the F106 (no nipple to get scraped off). I'll be getting one of those for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier