INEOS Grenadier

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
@T-Willy

Edit: And I really appreciate that they've opted for reliance on phones and tablets, whose technology will continue to evolve quickly, rather than a built in system whose function and aesthetic will become antiquated in time. It's a nod to longevity and avoiding needless complexity and malfunction down the road.

I missed that part. That sound even more appealing. They have though about hardware and software as well.
Everything is meant for big hands and gloves.

I personally think that the very final product will be somewhat different, more evolved than we saw in the video.

roving1

Other than the seats and the interior packaging, that interior is vomit-inducing.

I'd probably kill myself just at the sight of that steering wheel.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

You must have lead a pretty sheltered life if this is your idea of vomit inducing. Also never get inside any GM vehicle made in the 90's or 00's...I don't think you would physically be able to survive the experience l:LOL:

PSea

I’d like to see the gauges behind the steering wheel.
i think it's quite a mistake to not have speedometer, tach, gas gauge and engine temps in front of the wheel. where's it going to be displayed? on the screen...where it's used for navigation, maps and music?? poor decision.

i also think the buttons are too spread out...to a fault imo. otherwise, i really like the limited info i see.

roving1

i think it's quite a mistake to not have speedometer, tach, gas gauge and engine temps in front of the wheel. where's it going to be displayed? on the screen...where it's used for navigation, maps and music?? poor decision.

i also think the buttons are too spread out...to a fault imo. otherwise, i really like the limited info i see.

They have purposely not shown the gauges yet. They are going to be in the normal location on the screen behind the wheel.

Riptide

Explorer
They have purposely not shown the gauges yet. They are going to be in the normal location on the screen behind the wheel.

Yeah, it's hard to believe that they would deviate from the tried-and-true on that front. And I'm wanting to see more on the glass hatches over the front seats.

Last edited:

Riptide

Explorer
Kind of bummed at the price, though. But I can get behind the quality first notion; I'm glad it's not being built to a price point, but to a certain level of quality.

I'll just be watching from afar, it seems.

4x4tripping

Adventurer
It looks like Greg Kable from Autocar in the UK has got behind the wheel of one on the test track:

9-ineos-grenadier-2021-prototype-drive-articulation_0.jpg

It looks like it flex pretty poor, compared to a AHC equipped landcruiser 200 / lx570.. With my rig all 4 wheels would be still on the ground - at the example above.

If we watch those videos who shows different rigs on the same conditions, we see why the difflocks are optional on some landcruisers and Lexus lx570.

Mine is tripple locked (arb) - but very very often, the cruiser was able just to drive through relaxed. With that flex showed above - you have to optain the optional lockers.

True, or is it the perspective who is misleading? It match with my experience of front tyre replacing - you have to lift it endless - if you forget to setup ahc the right way in front.

trippin

Last edited:

roving1

9-ineos-grenadier-2021-prototype-drive-articulation_0.jpg

It looks like it flex pretty poor, compared to a AHC equipped landcruiser 200 / lx570.. With my rig all 4 wheels would be still on the ground - at the example above.

If we watch those videos who shows different rigs on the same conditions, we see why the difflocks are optional on some landcruisers and Lexus lx570.

Mine is tripple locked (arb) - but very very often, the cruiser was able just to drive through relaxed. With that flex showed above - you have to optain the optional lockers.

True, or is it the perspective who is misleading? It match with my experience of front tyre replacing - you have to lift it endless - if you forget to setup ahc the right way in front.

trippin

The flex empty to me is not as important as how it would behave with 1000kg in it so it's an incomplete data set as far as I can tell. Fexy soft suspension is great for comfort and casual use but garbage for weight carrying. Have to wait and see.

The only thing that bothers me so far is how far the cooling package sticks down and how relatively low the skidplate has to be because of it. It's not totally awful but it is giving a solid axle vehicle the effective clearance of IFS which is a bit of a bummer with so few solid axle front vehicles running around. I wish they would have reworked that cooling a bit different but they might be saving bucks by using the off the shelf BMW stuff.

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
My understanding is that this car is a German engineered. The Germans never were into flexing axles. The G wagon is a perfect example of it.
Maybe the same mode of thinking / design went in this car too? The G wagon and the Grendier do share the same design office.

Riptide

Explorer
Andrew is on it.
TLC300 vs Grenadier.

I do understand his passion for the split horizontal tailgate. Having had one on my 100 and now 200 LC, I can't imagine not having one. I love being able to root in the back in the rain, and not get wet. I love having an instant work surface; hell, half the time I'm working outside, I choose the tailgate of the LC over going into the garage workbench. It's that good. And I would have loved to see that on the Grenadier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier