Snow Peak Addiction

TooGouda

Wooo! my Tramezzino just got delivered!
I haven't tried it yet but my first impression is that its good quality and I can tell i will like it more than the cast iron double one I used to have.
It came with some recipe cards but they are all in Kanji characters so I can't use my dictionary very easily. 1 semester of Japanese in college like 15 yrs ago didn't stick in my head to remember what the Kanji mean :ROFLMAO: im going to have to translate the slow way by relaearning the Kanji first or use the power of the internet to find someone who can
64633888500__23CD1258-33E8-4868-9402-9E6247C95AAC.JPG64633897061__2BD70901-DDEE-46AF-9EDB-4A1AA7ECC3B9.JPG64633901213__25EA11F1-EC59-44E8-ABD2-539E71C5885A.JPG

Honu

lost on the mainland
try translate ap on the phone did a pretty good job when I had my cards as I was curious :)

that one pic we had done pancake batter in them and worked really well with bacon inside :) which then lead to us just pouring strip of pancake batter laying down bacon and more batter :)
but the kids do like the sandwich kind as they are more fun :)
also pancake batter and some jam and cream cheese inside ! which was our idea from that recipe card photo so no credit to me :) hahahahahahah

our hashbrown thing

TooGouda

My oldest and favourite piece. Still going strong after I reckon about 15 years.
There seems be an updated version. It looks like the legs lock now when folded?
i just bought a large takibi about 3 months ago and mine does not lock when folded... that would be sweet though if it did as it moves pretty easily when its not in the bag

Lennart

Adventurer
i just bought a large takibi about 3 months ago and mine does not lock when folded... that would be sweet though if it did as it moves pretty easily when its not in the bag

I was wrong, it is the new extralarge (LL) takibi that seems to have some sort of locking.

ST-034_switch10_515Wx515H

TooGouda

the first cook was a success! i did cooked ground beef with onions, sauerkraut, and Swiss cheese on dark rye bread ?
IMG_5686.JPG.jpeg

DesertSand05

Observer
I don't even want to know what the double LL fire pit is going to cost :)

This years snow peak FES collection was kind of meh, seemed like mostly tents, but the new sliding table and the large drink tumbers / pitchers look really cool. Im even kind of excited about the new wooden kitchen utensils as I have the other three.

I think the fire places will come back in stock preatty quick, they are being advertised for n third party websites. The solo looks interesting to me.

TooGouda

I don't even want to know what the double LL fire pit is going to cost :)

This years snow peak FES collection was kind of meh, seemed like mostly tents, but the new sliding table and the large drink tumbers / pitchers look really cool. Im even kind of excited about the new wooden kitchen utensils as I have the other three.

I think the fire places will come back in stock preatty quick, they are being advertised for n third party websites. The solo looks interesting to me.
nice... the solo does look pretty sweet... not sure i need one though

i still want a 2 unit frame, 1 unit bbq box, and a baja burner... not sure ill ever get any of them the way it looks right now though ? every time I see any of them online the asking price is like 3-4 times what they retailed for

DesertSand05

Observer
I’m not sure about a 2 Unit frame, but if you keep an eye open, you might see a single unit grill or Baja burner come up. I remember seeing them come up on eBay.

I missed out on the 2 unit frame, but snagged a single unit bbq just before they got discontinued. The Baja burner always seemed kind of hard to transport to me, the new version seems like a decent upgrade, for big pots a dream setup would be two giga stoves in a three unit frame.

but I think my new dream setup is less stuff, and a few cooL IGT things like the corners and racks for when we have things in the yard.

Riptide

Explorer
I am not yet sure about the Takibi Solo. Is it a replacement for the small Fireplace? I don't think so as the weight and dimensions are more Medium sized.
I took the Small Fireplace on a kajak trip. I don't think I would/could bring the solo but maybe it looks bigger than in real life ;)
Will it be more flat packed? What are other advantages of this shape over the Fireplace? Would be nice to get your insights.

True, it is larger than the small firepit. But I often find it a little bit of a challenge to find wood to fit in the small pit. I sometimes bring a bag of chunks and cutoffs for the tiny thing. But, it's the bomb for one person in a tiny Samurai. With the Solo, I think I like the idea of being able to use a 16" log, and still not be a huge unit. Who knows; I've never been sorry I bought a SP item. Whereas I've been more sorry not buying a SP item (and then they disappear).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles