Snow Peak Addiction

Honu

lost on the mainland
yes I have done that as my kids wanted some of our camping sandwiches at home :)

would it work ok on an electric stove at home ya think? I could do a gas camp stove or the takibi fire pit otherwise. i like making pudgy pies and sandwhiches in my old cast iron one in the fire but this one has too short of handles to do the same thing without burning the handles off

TooGouda

I'm sorry. I was weak; I ordered the Takibi Solo. Gotta keep the firepit collection up to date.

someone has to do it!

i already have 2 solo stoves and the large takibi set up, so i talked myself out of it...

then i ordered the Tramezzino and a ti-double walled mug without handles for my coffee kit instead so i didn't really save any money on this day :ROFLMAO:

Ragman

The first burn of my new Snow Peak Floga and this thing works as advertised. It is a great addition to the large pack and carry pit (or large Takibi as they call it now) and would recommend to anyone who has one. You may have noticed I preach light weight and efficient packing so the only downside I see for overlanding is the 10.58# weight and the fact it is a bit bulky. The video is here if you want to check it out.

Ragman

I'm sorry. I was weak; I ordered the Takibi Solo. Gotta keep the firepit collection up to date.

Boy I was tempted too but hesitated a bit too long and they are sold out. I already have too many portable pits (is that possible?) so was trying to rationalize the decision. I know that was silly but I can't wait to hear your impressions and where it fits into the mix as it looks like a competitor to the Fireside Industries Trail Blazer which I think is a pretty nice pit-very compact and light weight.

TooGouda

Kind of wish I had not pulled the trigger on the solo stove, could have just got this instead.
which solo stove did you get? I have the lite and the campfire size... both are legit and pack pretty easy... i like the idea of the bigger ones if i had a regular crowd that just waned flames for ambiance and maybe some marshmallows, im not sure i can see how the bigger solostoves are able to cook anything without blasting it to charcoal lol

Ragman

which solo stove did you get? I have the lite and the campfire size... both are legit and pack pretty easy... i like the idea of the bigger ones if i had a regular crowd that just waned flames for ambiance and maybe some marshmallows, im not sure i can see how the bigger solostoves are able to cook anything without blasting it to charcoal lol
I use the Titan and Campfire as well as the Ranger and Bonfire. I agree that the camp stoves are light and easy to carry but find that I grab the Firebox G2 more often as it is more versatile and packs flat (tho heavier). As you say the bigger ones are not really designed for cooking but I have seen many set ups that people have rigged up. The Takibi with the Floga is a legit competitor to the larger Solo Stoves and pack better in my opinion. The only downside is that the Takibi kit (bag, cooking bridge etc) and the Floga list out at nearly $475 now.

ShittyTraverse

Hey all,

New to EP and the Snow Peak thread. I'm a certified Snow Peak addict (per the girlfriend) and just wondering if anyone has come across a pole bag that fits the Low IGT legs fairly snug. I've got 6 total that I'd like to be able to toss in the carry case without causing any damage. Kind of bummed to find out that the case didn't come with an internal pocket of any kind. I've reached out to YDR to see if he is still making those nice straps, but something tells me that may be a long shot.

Riptide

Explorer
New to EP and the Snow Peak thread. I'm a certified Snow Peak addict (per the girlfriend) and just wondering if anyone has come across a pole bag that fits the Low IGT legs fairly snug. I've got 6 total that I'd like to be able to toss in the carry case without causing any damage. Kind of bummed to find out that the case didn't come with an internal pocket of any kind. I've reached out to YDR to see if he is still making those nice straps, but something tells me that may be a long shot.

Try Drifta. I haven't looked at their page in awhile, but they used to make alot of canvas stuff for SP. When you say "Low IGT", what size legs are you talking about?

ShittyTraverse

Try Drifta. I haven't looked at their page in awhile, but they used to make alot of canvas stuff for SP. When you say "Low IGT", what size legs are you talking about?

Thanks Riptide. The legs are 400mm (15.75"). Drifta seems to have a few things that will work nicely. The shipping to the US is a little pricey though. I may have to shop around a bit more.

TooGouda

Hey all,

what kind of bag are you trying to get for the legs? just a stuff sack? or more of a flat sleeve type thing?

ShittyTraverse

what kind of bag are you trying to get for the legs? just a stuff sack? or more of a flat sleeve type thing?

A flat sleeve would probably make the most sense I think. Ultimately I was just looking to see how others here we're transporting them when using the carry case. When my truck is finished and we're no longer camping out of the back of the Honda, they will have their own place lol.

Riptide

Explorer
Drifta seems to have a few things that will work nicely. The shipping to the US is a little pricey though. I may have to shop around a bit more.

True. But when you factor in the AUD to USD conversion, it's not quite as bad. I've bought from them twice. Nice stuff.

I don't own any 400 legs, but I'm thinking my Kermit chair bag might be that length. Maybe try them, to see if they sell the bags separately.

Or, buy your own sewing machine, and make your own! (which is what finally convinced me to get one.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles