The full sized mid-size, my 2014 F150 "Fiddy"

Not to pour salt in the wound but...
5cdfdc687bff49caf4df430e45203daa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grassland

Well in the last month the Fiddy has sat quietly and rusted. I took it out for two shorter rips just to recharge the battery.
Since we were locked out of BC, my buddy is getting our new Escape 19 fiberglass trailer shipped here for what I feel is a reasonable price of around $2600 on a hauler.
I've been working six days a week on average for months and the first warm day hit and I've had a dozen AC calls come in on top of the three week backlog of work. So I'll be working 60+ hours a week for the foreseeable future as actual warm weather doesn't get here till Sunday and then the phone will explode.

Come June, assuming the lock downs end (unlikely) and the backcountry travel ban is lifted (unlikely unless it rains, a lot) we will give the Escape 19 its maiden voyage.

This summer we will see how thirsty the Fiddy is when towing something with drag, and how it handles the weight. No mountains unfortunately, but prairie winds, so if she wallows or struggles in that, we know the next truck has to be more stout.

pith helmet

Omg regular is $4.76 a US gallon now
I'm going to have to put the 87 tune back on.

Good thing we can't leave the province on punishment of imprisonment and fines far larger than the price of gas
#freedom
#democracy
Man that’s really sad. I feel for you guys up there. What are the current restrictions?

Last edited:

Grassland

Man that’s really sad. I feel for you guys up there. What are the current restrictions?
All non essential businesses closed. Essential open at 10% capacity. No gatherings larger than 5 people in public space no private gatherings. This is for Manitoba. It will extend into June.
Most provincial borders are closed. Some provinces have internal travel restrictions.

Jurfie

Adventurer
@Grassland Just so y’all feel a little better today, here’s today’s price for 87 here in BC near me:

62400855-D16D-477B-9A7C-B14B17DB6449.jpeg

Oh, and we’ve been unable to travel outside of our health authority borders since April 23rd except for essential reasons. We’re waiting for an update today at 1pm to see if they are being lifted or extended (I think lifted, but we shall see). I’m in the Lower Mainland and have a trip planned to the Northern Gulf Islands next week (in the VI health authority), so I hope I’ll be able to go.

4CC96304-1137-43C0-825B-7D72528E3978.jpeg

Grassland

The West and East coasts always have higher gas prices than central Canada. But at least you have something to look at other than sky.
I was paying $1.4x last time I was in BC.

Grassland

Any Ford guys here add select shift to a vehicle that doesn't have it?
Outside of the shift level with the select shift buttons, I'll assume Forscan or As Built would be needed to activate it.
I just don't know if all the wiring is already there or not.

Grassland

First trip towing the Escape 19.
20 liters per 100 into the south west wind on the way back, and 18.5 with a south wind on the way out. Thanks to the 136 liter tank we appear to still have considerable range.
A balmy 36° C as everyone's world collapsed around them with broken air conditioners, and I turned my phone off. (Until Sunday and went back to work for a few hours in the evening)
2" riser hitch and the Escape 19 sits level with full propane tanks and the trailer loaded as in our initial plan, and with a mostly full fresh tank.

Did I get enough product placement in one photograph to count as overland?

Attachments

• IMG_20210604_192643.jpg
    IMG_20210604_192643.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 33

mekcanix

Camper
We were at Black Lake last weekend and I seem to average 22 heading out and 24l per 100km coming back, we were fighting a head wind both ways , but coming home the wind must have been coming out of the south west cause it was trying to push us off of hiway 59
We have the same cooler, couldn't do the Yeti. gotta love Canadian Tire.

So what are your thoughts on the Escape?

Grassland

We were at Black Lake last weekend and I seem to average 22 heading out and 24l per 100km coming back, we were fighting a head wind both ways , but coming home the wind must have been coming out of the south west cause it was trying to push us off of hiway 59
We have the same cooler, couldn't do the Yeti. gotta love Canadian Tire.

So what are your thoughts on the Escape?
I was worried about cross winds with the taller trailer but with a full fresh tank she stays pretty planted so far. But I haven't had gusts worse than 40-50kph yet so we'll see, plenty of drives with the pop up with 80kph winds in the past lol. The wind was for sure south west on Sunday if that's when you came back.
How is black lake?

So far liking the lack of set up and take down compared to the pop up. It was reasonable inside despite it being mid thirties Saturday. Going to need a portable panel for extended trips though, especially in the heat
.the fridge has fans apparently that turn on based on ambient temps.
I'd certainly not want any larger of a trailer with this truck.

Your trailer is pretty similar in size isn't it? Like 7x16 or something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles