2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Electric Truck

D

Deleted member 9101

Me wonders who they interviewed to get a half ton towing 13k with 35 gal fuel tanks then.

I doubt it was soccar moms.

You do realize that those "soccar moms" also tow and haul? Just because they don't use their truck as a truck 100% of the time doesn't in any way mean that it doesn't get used.

Like I said earlier... A modern truck can do the job of a car and a truck, which means you don't have to needlessly spend money on two vehicles.

JaSAn

Grumpy Old Man
Not everyone want to piss away money and needlessly own a car and a truck when a truck can do the job of both...lol.
. . .
How would you prefer that they use the space up front? Just leave it empty?
A 5 1/2 foot bed won't do it for a lot of us that use the truck for our job. Sooner or later truck makers are going to actually have to make trucks for working stiffs, not just multi-purpose commuter vehicles.

I can't put a third of my camper in the frunk. Nor the back axle of my 4-wheeler. Nor part of my jon boat. I'm not saying that the frunk is not useful but that it is a poor trade-off for those of us that need 8 feet of bed. It's kind of hard to drive with a tall load in the frunk.

How about they use the frunk for extra battery - both as a range extender and as ballast. I hate to think what will happen when people have a lot of weight hanging in back of the rear axle with no counterbalancing weight in front.

D

Deleted member 9101

A 5 1/2 foot bed won't do it for a lot of us that use the truck for our job. Sooner or later truck makers are going to actually have to make trucks for working stiffs, not just multi-purpose commuter vehicles.

I can't put a third of my camper in the frunk. Nor the back axle of my 4-wheeler. Nor part of my jon boat. I'm not saying that the frunk is not useful but that it is a poor trade-off for those of us that need 8 feet of bed. It's kind of hard to drive with a tall load in the frunk.

How about they use the frunk for extra battery - both as a range extender and as ballast. I hate to think what will happen when people have a lot of weight hanging in back of the rear axle with no counterbalancing weight in front.

If you need an 8' bed....then buy a truck with an 8' bed..lol. 8' bed 1/2 ton trucks are not ideal for most truck owners, thus they don't sell many, thus they don't make many.

My work truck has a 6.5' bed.... Not eveeyone needs an 8' bed for work. When I need to carry more... I use a trailer...lol.

Also... It has plenty of weight on the front axle. IIRC it has almost a 50/50 weight distribution.

960x0.jpgAAKcaup.jpegBB1gSqAd.jpege951a61a3669468b55781963adc4a5ab.jpeg

Straight from Ford :"We’re not here to make an electric truck for the few"

Last edited by a moderator:

Grassland

Not a single 6.5 bed on the local lot. Every single truck is crew cab 5.5 box
No super cabs, no CC LB. No straight cabs of any kind.
They couldn't sell me an F150 if they tried right now.
Pretty well forcing you into ordering from factory.

85_Ranger4x4

Well my local lot is 2/3 empty right now....

Normally they have a decent variety.

D

Deleted member 9101

That's pretty much every manufacturer right now...lol.

Ford has a ton of trucks that are awaiting final assembly... Just lacking some of the electronics.

Grassland

Normally they would have 100+ trucks not 20, but even then to find a handful of supercabs is uncommon and maybe one straight cab, but those are usually 2wd xl 100a so useless

jbaucom

Is there an option without the big screen tv in the dash?

The Pro and XLT come standard with a 12" screen. That's as small as it gets in the Lightning. I'm pretty sure that even the most basic regular 2021 F150 now comes with an 8" screen.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles