2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Electric Truck

D

Deleted member 9101

I don't really care, with a battery in the back I have nowhere for a things like a lawn mower, furniture, lumber etc.

For that the frunk is worthless as an alternative.

I could mention my slide in camper but most don't have that concern.

My point was if you have to tie up the bed with a battery for range... You might as well forget the truck and get a car with similar cargo capacity that is cheaper and probably has better range to boot.

Uhhh... You do realize that the battery is under the floor...lol.

My mower will fit in the funk. ;-)

Also, the range extender that people are talking about is a generator, fuel tank, and a batter.. Not just an extra battery.

Grassland

Uhhh... You do realize that the battery is under the floor...lol.

My mower will fit in the funk. ;-)

Also, the range extender that people are talking about is a generator, fuel tank, and a batter.. Not just an extra battery.
I didn't see that part, only that it was a big battery disguised as a tool box.
Ford's Canada website is useless and vague on everything . I didn't bother looking too hard as no pricing, no builder, etc.

billiebob

First electric truck, an F150.
First production line Ford, the Model T.

Both appeal to the masses, not the fringe.
Neither is targeted at a niche market.

The Lightning will be successful because it appeals to everything the average F150 buyer wants.
And the average F150 buyers are not on this forum, we are definitely the niche.

D

Deleted member 9101

The Lightning will be successful because it appeals to everything the average F150 buyer wants.

I agree 100%. If Ford sought the approval of people on this forum for truck designs they'd go bankrupt in a hurry...haha.

85_Ranger4x4

It really is....and do you want to know the best part??? It's electric ;-)

44", 20hp and it takes me three hours to get mine mowed. If wishes were fishes I would have a big zero turn like my neighbors...

Another hour and a half if you want to count the 50hp tractor and 72" bush hog to mow the barn lots. Only do that twice a year to keep trees out though.

First electric truck, an F150.
First production line Ford, the Model T.

Both appeal to the masses, not the fringe.
Neither is targeted at a niche market.

And the average F150 buyers are not on this forum, we are definitely the niche.

Not even close. The model T was everything. Roadster, family car, truck whatever... It did it. Nothing will come close to the appeal that thing had.

And when they were washed up people converted them into tractors and farm impliments. I have a wagon running gear made out of a model t chassis and axles with a kit.

People that lightly use their trucks think everyone uses their trucks like them and thus they must be the target demographic.

Those of us that use their trucks are not an insignificant portion of the truck market.

Neither here nor there as Ford still makes gas trucks for us.

D

Deleted member 9101

44", 20hp and it takes me three hours to get mine mowed. If wishes were fishes I would have a big zero turn like my neighbors...

Another hour and a half if you want to count the 50hp tractor and 72" bush hog to mow the barn lots. Only do that twice a year to keep trees out though.

Not even close. The model T was everything. Roadster, family car, truck whatever... It did it. Nothing will come close to the appeal that thing had.

And when they were washed up people converted them into tractors and farm impliments. I have a wagon running gear made out of a model t chassis and axles with a kit.

People that lightly use their trucks think everyone uses their trucks like them and thus they must be the target demographic.

Those of us that use their trucks are not an insignificant portion of the truck market.

Neither here nor there as Ford still makes gas trucks for us.

Uhhhh..."lightly used trucks" are the majority of the truck market... Lol. Hence why it's easier to get a super crew, 5.5 bed, 2wd, XLT, Ecoboost than it is to get a regular cab, XL, 8' bed, with the HDPP.

85_Ranger4x4

Uhhhh..."lightly used trucks" are the majority of the truck market... Lol. Hence why it's easier to get a super crew, 5.5 bed, 2wd, XLT, Ecoboost than it is to get a regular cab, XL, 8' bed, with the HDPP.

A 2wd is about as easy to find around here as a 2.3 powered F150 and almost as desirable.

6.5' bed crew cab 4wds are not hard to find.

D

Deleted member 9101

A 2wd is about as easy to find around here as a 2.3 powered F150 and almost as desirable.

6.5' bed crew cab 4wds are not hard to find.

I assume you mean 2.7 and I also assume that you've never towed with one?

billiebob

yes, those of us who use our F150s like a truck, except for the commercial XL, are insignificant.
The target are Suzy Cream Cheeze picking up her kids from daycare, and Super Bob coming home from the gym for the Lightning. There will likely be a huge commercial component too in Municipal Service Vehicles. But Joe farmer, ******** overlander, are not on Fords radar. Just like Ford never built he Model T to be converted to a wagon Ford is leaving the recreational overlanding development of the Lightning to the aftermarket. And it might be appealing to some. This Lightning is focused on the majority of F150 owners living in urban environments with no desire to farm or camp. Which is a pretty significant market. Plus partnering with the commercial, municipal service industry to get accurate, consistent feedback.

It has nothing to do with what people think, Ford has hard data guiding what they do.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles