jscherb

Expedition Leader
Some early Mahindra ads.

EarlyMahindraCJ34ad.jpg

I've never seen a Willys wagon in India but apparently Mahindra offered them:

MahindraStationWagon.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Conversions into whatever is needed are fairly common, especially in rural India. I spotted these two in Rajasthan. They both seem to have started out as full-body Marshals and based on their similarity it may be that they were done by the same shop although the two photos were taken quite a distance from each other.

Recovery.jpg

CraneConversion.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader

jscherb

Expedition Leader
The Armada. Note the grille overlay with square headlights.

Armada.jpg

Armada3.jpg

One with some mods (and the grille overlay removed):

Armada1.jpg

The Bolero is a later version with a new cowl and front clip:

Bolero1.jpg

The pickups are so flipping cool! I love the tall bed sides and I think the proportions are just right! We really missed out in my opinion here in the states

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wanderernomad

There used to be a better version of the basic boned Armada called as Armada Grand. I drove Armada a lot during the nineties. It was a heavy vehicle, no creature comforts and a harsh ride. No power steering meant turning it was a major effort in itself in the mountains. But it was sturdy and capable of surviving a lot of abuse but then thats what Jeeps are all about.
Bolero, first Gen was the successor to Armada. Armada established Mahindra in the market once again but it was the Bolero that really took the company to another level. Bolero has come a long way since its early days and still sells in huge numbers.
How can jeeps and mud not be fun? ? The Burmese ones more closely resemble Jeepneys of South East Asia though.

Last edited:

Chorky

Observer
This video isn't a Mahindra Adventure event, it was taken in nearby Burma - and it doesn't look like fun.

it always amazes me what folks in other countries seem to put vehicles through without either breaking them or using all sorts of specialized high tech super expensive equipment

jscherb

Expedition Leader
The Mahindra Roxor has some accessories that might be interesting for Jeeps. For example, the Roxor Stakebox. There's an anim video on Facebook showing it but I couldn't link to a Facebook video here so you can copy this URL:
Code:
https://fb.watch/5JSGlBaZXu/

RoxorStakebox.jpg

An installation guide is on the Roxor website, and it has enough detail for someone who might want to build one for their Jeep (except for what to do with the Jeep's roll bar that's in the way): https://www.roxoroffroad.com/accessories/cargo/stakebox

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles