Snow Peak Addiction

Riptide

Explorer
I don't know why SP quit making the adjustable legs; they were pretty nice, if a bit heavy. But to be able to set them up for standing or sitting is pretty nice. The screw-in feet do adjust an inch or two for uneven ground, although there was a post a few years ago about using the Ikea feet for even more adjustability, and with a much larger pad, the Ikea's don't sink in sand as much.

Chris Boyd

Explorer
I don't know why SP quit making the adjustable legs; they were pretty nice, if a bit heavy. But to be able to set them up for standing or sitting is pretty nice. The screw-in feet do adjust an inch or two for uneven ground, although there was a post a few years ago about using the Ikea feet for even more adjustability, and with a much larger pad, the Ikea's don't sink in sand as much.

Truth be told, they can be a little rickety... you can never get them tight enough to have things not be wobbly. If you happen to pull them out too far or rotate them while extending, then getting the pegs to line back up again is a PITA.

The Drifta legs are infinitely adjustable and lock tight. If Drifta weren’t so proud of them and the shipping wasn’t so high, I’d replace more of my adjustable legs with them. I also couldn’t imagine trying to do a bigger setup with them. Getting them all the same height would likely be problematic.

So both have pros and cons.

I still use the SP adjustable with my 2U kit since they collapse down to the same width as the unit frames which makes it nice for packing and gives me two options for setup. I also carry the really short adjustable legs in my accessories to make a side table, or for sitting on the ground directly with a very short table. Those aren’t as wobbly.

I use the Drifta legs with my table on the truck directly and another set on my table attached to our trailer. It nice because those two heights don’t line up directly with the SP designated heights.

Last edited:

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Thanks to the inspiration from @chrismirelez, and because here on expo, and even more so in this SP thread, what is worth doing is worth overdoing :

Finally, I have onboard water! I’ll add another piece of bamboo with a faucet soon enough, but for now this will do.

9c3f2a349c8fa338064dc8c4fdb20080.jpg

17497ed7b9f7b8955c9ec27878b5437b.jpg

1ee67fa44c2256fd974d04635786a635.jpg

140b79683adeba26a46abad882f500e7.jpg

Thanks to the inspiration from @chrismirelez, and because here on expo, and even more so in this SP thread, what is worth doing is worth overdoing :

Finally, I have onboard water! I’ll add another piece of bamboo with a faucet soon enough, but for now this will do.

9c3f2a349c8fa338064dc8c4fdb20080.jpg

17497ed7b9f7b8955c9ec27878b5437b.jpg

1ee67fa44c2256fd974d04635786a635.jpg

140b79683adeba26a46abad882f500e7.jpg
That is a great build. Thank you for hilite.
Water on board will be a nice add-on.
I love the way you how you incorporated the rotopaks.
Great job.

Riptide

Explorer
i think i will end up getting one if they get some back in stock again. I like my flat burner but the baja burner seems like it will be more my style for cooking

I have both, but generally choose the Flat Burner now. It's just easier to clean up if a pot overflows or you spill something. A heck of alot lighter too.

The one thing I don't like about the Flat Burner is that you are limited on pan diameter; not so with the Baja.

Umnak

Adventurer
i think i will end up getting one if they get some back in stock again. I like my flat burner but the baja burner seems like it will be more my style for cooking
I've mastered the one pot/skillet dinner over the years and wouldn't want a two burner anything. The Baja is fantastic for cooking inside or out.

RKRUGER

Adventurer- Toyota Nut
@Chris Boyd I want to say thank you for introducing me to the Snow Peak table set up... You are correct, the Drifta legs are a great compliment and make for a wonderful workspace off of the back of the Cruiser. I am already envisioning adding a corner piece and an IGT3 to the mix. We will have to see.
I did take advantage of REI recently offering a 20% saving on the Takibi Fire and Grill set. Showed up yesterday.
camp kitchen 100small.jpg

TooGouda

I have both, but generally choose the Flat Burner now. It's just easier to clean up if a pot overflows or you spill something. A heck of alot lighter too.

The one thing I don't like about the Flat Burner is that you are limited on pan diameter; not so with the Baja.
yeah thats the main thing i dont like about the flat burner. i would like to use some of my larger cookware

DesertSand05

Observer

Is the problem using bigger pans or smaller pans?

The baja has that rail/handle that would seem to limit you.

The flat has a grate opening that could cause issues with smaller pots.

Both seem to have feet so the can work alone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles