Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

Suprmn1

When you pay your deposit, you will get a confirmation email. It will give a due date for the remainder of the payment. That is your estimated delivery date. I dont know for certain, but I believe they check in with you before they begin the build to see if there are any changes.

that_dude

When you pay your deposit, you will get a confirmation email. It will give a due date for the remainder of the payment. That is your estimated delivery date. I dont know for certain, but I believe they check in with you before they begin the build to see if there are any changes.

Thanks. Hmm...I don’t think I got a confirmation email—can’t find it anyway. My order does show up in my account on Ursa’s website and my payment went through.

that_dude

Can anyone verify, with certainty, the wire gauge used for the harness to the top? My first couple of emails to Dan were answered quickly, but haven’t had any luck since placing my deposit.

I’m doing my own wiring up to the top of the b-pillar.

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
I just went out and peaked at mine. None of the wires are marked but based on the size. I'd say 16 gauge wire is what they used. If you call them they'll send you the harness. I preinstalled mine because I wanted to run the wiring myself. I'm pretty anal when it comes to installations and I'm not saying they do a bad job, but I've had twenty years professional experience in the electrical field and did I mention I'm particular? I can not stand butt splices either.

that_dude

I just went out and peaked at mine. None of the wires are marked but based on the size. I'd say 16 gauge wire is what they used. If you call them they'll send you the harness. I preinstalled mine because I wanted to run the wiring myself. I'm pretty anal when it comes to installations and I'm not saying they do a bad job, but I've had twenty years professional experience in the electrical field and did I mention I'm particular? I can not stand butt splices either.
Thanks! This is exactly me too and why I’m doing my own wiring.

wandererr

Adventurer
While waiting for the top, I'll start on my rear kitchen build (got some free time). One thing that I'm concerned with is that I have certain requirements as to how much clearance I'll have to put stuff on top of the kitchen so could some kind soul measure how much room there is between the bottom of the opening in the UM hardtop and the metal as shown in the pic here. Not sure if there is a difference between the pre 2012 and 2012+ JKU, so just to be on the safe side I'm looking for a 2012+ JKU measurement. I am not sure if I can go with my current hardtop measurement for fit as the UM uses the pre 2012 rear glass which means there might be high differences?

read measurement.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Anyone find or make a ceiling net for the rear cargo area? BROG’s attic is designed to go over the rear seats, but I’m looking for something that will allow me to store lightweight stuff behind the rear roll bar. Perhaps it can be modified?
This isn't a net, but maybe it will do what you need:

I use the one in my JKU for all kinds of things - Rotopax (the panel has holes for Rotopax mounts), Molle pouches, a small shovel mounted on Quickfist clamps (the panel has holes for those too).

SEMAPrep_zpsrop8zzzp.jpg

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
Anyone find or make a ceiling net for the rear cargo area? Blue Ridge Overland Gear’s vehicle attic is designed to go over the rear seats, but I’m looking for something that will allow me to store lightweight stuff behind the rear roll bar. Perhaps it can be modified?

View attachment 659353
I wonder if we got some interest and contacted blue ridge overland with a group buy if they'd build a few? I'd like one as well. I like the molle panel that Jscherb posted but I don't like extra weight because my JKU is already a fatty! Just a place to store jackets and stuff would make the Jeep so much more organized when my girls are along.

ventura911

Adventurer
I wonder if we got some interest and contacted blue ridge overland with a group buy if they'd build a few? I'd like one as well. I like the molle panel that Jscherb posted but I don't like extra weight because my JKU is already a fatty! Just a place to store jackets and stuff would make the Jeep so much more organized when my girls are along.
I think they’d be open to it. Chris Schontz had some custom work done for storage in the tent, I believe, so they’re familiar with the J30.

I’ll shoot them an email and see what they say. I’m looking for a simple net, rigged with their adjustable paracord to keep things tight. I don’t know if they can come up with something that mounts to the roll bars (my preference, if possible) or if they will need to have D-rings mounted through the camper floor.

Last edited:

ventura911

Adventurer
This isn't a net, but maybe it will do what you need:

I use the one in my JKU for all kinds of things - Rotopax (the panel has holes for Rotopax mounts), Molle pouches, a small shovel mounted on Quickfist clamps (the panel has holes for those too).

SEMAPrep_zpsrop8zzzp.jpg

Thanks, that’s a possibility. I’ll have to look more closely at it, though; I’m not sure the roll bar mounts will clear my cargo shelf, which is hinged to open upward, as well.

Presto88

Adventurer
Thanks, that’s a possibility. I’ll have to look more closely at it, though; I’m not sure the roll bar mounts will clear my cargo shelf, which is hinged to open upward, as well.
I've got one of those in mine and it works great! I store my MaxTrax boards on top of the shelf and I have my shovel strapped beneath it. No complaints whatsoever.

wandererr

Adventurer
While waiting for the top, I'll start on my rear kitchen build (got some free time). One thing that I'm concerned with is that I have certain requirements as to how much clearance I'll have to put stuff on top of the kitchen so could some kind soul measure how much room there is between the bottom of the opening in the UM hardtop and the metal as shown in the pic here. Not sure if there is a difference between the pre 2012 and 2012+ JKU, so just to be on the safe side I'm looking for a 2012+ JKU measurement. I am not sure if I can go with my current hardtop measurement for fit as the UM uses the pre 2012 rear glass which means there might be high differences?

View attachment 658962
Anyone? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles