Ez topper lift

alexar

I am thinking about getting one, anymore thoughts or mods you have done to yours to make it work better?

Boatbuilder79

I am thinking about getting one, anymore thoughts or mods you have done to yours to make it work better?

After using it some more I am liking it.

the mods I had to do were that I added some snaps and push lock connectors to get the tent to stay in place.

Boatbuilder79

Some more photos.

I had to add some fasteners to the tent and am still figuring out how I want to set up the inside.

I did build a cabinet with a sink and a water system which makes camping more comfortable.

Last edited:

Espo78

Adventurer
Looks great! I also ordered one and installed it last month. I still haven't had time to build out the inside. I think it checks all my boxes for being usable, secure, easy to setup/breakdown and stealthy. I love the idea that if I want to go hiking for the day I can just lower it down and lock up the truck and my camp will be secure. I have a 6' bed and my wife and I are relatively short (5'8" and 5'1") so I chose the "contractor package" so I could still use the tailgate for cooking or sitting or whatever.

Attachments

• IMG_1390.JPG
    IMG_1390.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1393.JPG
    IMG_1393.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1394.JPG
    IMG_1394.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1395.JPG
    IMG_1395.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 37

beef tits

Buddy of mine has one on 4’ bed Taco. Seems ok but super short. You’ll never stand up in it, too low even on a full size with a high top shell. That’s the sticking point for me.

Espo78

Adventurer
Buddy of mine has one on 4’ bed Taco. Seems ok but super short. You’ll never stand up in it, too low even on a full size with a high top shell. That’s the sticking point for me.
I suppose it's all about what the intended use is, and how it works in your situation. I don't plan in living in it. I just want to be able to sit up in bed and have a comfortable place for my wife and I to sleep. FWIW I've never owned a tent I could fully stand up in either. I can stand up if I tilt my head down and my wife can ALMOST stand up fully. I have a cab height topper. If I had a mid rise she could stand or high rise we could both stand. If you view this as a nice alternative to a rooftop tent it's a good solution. If you view this as an alternative to an RV it's a horrible solution.

Boatbuilder79

I am 6 feet tall and I cannot stand up straight under it but the extra height makes a huge difference in how useable the bed is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles