Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

Very timely post - I'm also looking for a hardware list to start my accc build. (Stainless Steel, Button Allen head & best place to get it).

I just used M8 bolts (sliding the head into the channel) to make my electrical panel mounts. Worked great. Just used what they had available at my local Ace Hdw as well. I would have liked some nylock nuts, but I just loctited them instead.

IMG_5908 copy.jpgIMG_5909 copy.jpg

Phreak480

Army Guy
The nice thing about using bolts in the channels is you can either get acorn nuts for the exposed end or covers for the nuts that are acorn or other style. This hides the exposed threads and provides protection from any sharp edges on the end of the bolt.

hksjza70

Has anyone greased the rear door mechanism on the canopy camper? Mine is starting to squeak when I open/close the door. I'm not sure what product to use, or where exactly to apply it.

I sprayed some white lithium on the hinges. Used the same for all of my locks as well. Lithium shouldn't freeze when the temps drop.

I had a very similar set of issues documented earlier in this thread. What you did was take your negative from your camper brake light since it is tied into the main camper harness and tied it into your house battery negative while leaving the camper brake light (correctly) connected to your truck positive (the purple wire that is tied into your truck brake lights). That broke the camper brake light circuit.

To fix you can (i) cut the camper brake light negative (I did this right behind it in the cable tray; you'll have to cut back some of the shielding) (ii) run a new wire from that cut wire connected to the camper brake light down to the cut off pink wire still tied into your truck brake lights (If you left a portion of the pink wire in place and still connected to your tail light as installed by your installer) or otherwise just ground to the chassis (since your truck battery should also be ground to the chassis). That should restore the circuit. Maybe there's a better way to do it but that's what I did and it worked. Let me know if you have questions and I can answer or take some pictures to illustrate.

Thanks again. Got this done, buttoned up & working. Feels good to have the electrical finally usable.

Progress is coming along nicely on the ACCC. I decided to move over to lithium..Switched out my Odyssey Group 31 AGM battery to a Battle Born Lithium 100ah battery and saved a ton of weight..Last thing that I am really needing to do at this point is to mount my rear tire to the rear door of the ACCC. Patiently waiting on a mount to be made that'll work with my bolt pattern on my Colorado Zr2.

A85544D1-5080-4346-8396-B0F0E0ED6F81.jpg

Progress is coming along nicely on the ACCC. I decided to move over to lithium..Switched out my Odyssey Group 31 AGM battery to a Battle Born Lithium 100ah battery and saved a ton of weight..Last thing that I am really needing to do at this point is to mount my rear tire to the rear door of the ACCC. Patiently waiting on a mount to be made that'll work with my bolt pattern on my Colorado Zr2.

Hey man! Looking great. I didn't know that the spare wheel carrier didn't work with the Colorado bolt pattern! I swear I've seen some with the spare wheel carrier before. Maybe used an adapter?

Hey man! Looking great. I didn't know that the spare wheel carrier didn't work with the Colorado bolt pattern! I swear I've seen some with the spare wheel carrier before. Maybe used an adapter?
I got mixed up on that. I was going to get an old rear tire mount my friend had on his Tacoma and was going to need to drill it out..Disregard that the new Alu Cab rear tire mount does fit the bolt pattern for the Chevy/GMC models. Brain fart.

Has anyone mounted the Expedition Essentials PQBM (propane tank mount) themselves? If so, I was just curious what size hardware you used to do so. Looks to be a 9/32 diameter hole if I measured correctly. I was just trying to determine the correct taper for the head of the bolt since the mounting holes are all nicely countersunk. I am really surprised they don't supply a set of hardware, though I am sure length varies depending on mounting location. Any input is appreciated.

blake92242

Has anyone mounted the Expedition Essentials PQBM (propane tank mount) themselves? If so, I was just curious what size hardware you used to do so. Looks to be a 9/32 diameter hole if I measured correctly. I was just trying to determine the correct taper for the head of the bolt since the mounting holes are all nicely countersunk. I am really surprised they don't supply a set of hardware, though I am sure length varies depending on mounting location. Any input is appreciated.
Hey! It's 1/4" hardware. You will have to drill new holes into the PQBM because they are not spaced correctly to mount to the molle panel.

Aleja_333

Just picked up my Canopy Camper last month. Shout out to @Tinyrigco in Orange County. If you need anything Alucab and you're in the West Coast, Tinyrig will have you covered. Their attention to detail and customer care was remarkable.

I'll post some pictures of the inside soon. Since I don't have Goose Gear setup yet, someone can get some ideas from my setup.

3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Colby Jack

Traveler
Just picked up my Canopy Camper last month. Shout out to @Tinyrigco in Orange County. If you need anything Alucab and you're in the West Coast, Tinyrig will have you covered. Their attention to detail and customer care was remarkable.

I'll post some pictures of the inside soon. Since I don't have Goose Gear setup yet, someone can get some ideas from my setup.

View attachment 658025View attachment 658026View attachment 658027

What’s the closed overall height of your setup? Antenna not included? Look fabulous.

View attachment 658025View attachment 658026View attachment 658027
What is the brand of your black propane tank — or is it painted?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online