New Bronco

85_Ranger4x4

One cool thing about the Bronco is that it has been designed from the factory to allow for 37" tires with zero modification. This really increases its capability with zero mods, and no affects on the warranty.

Changing tires WILL effect the powertrain warranty.

85_Ranger4x4

Not true. 37" are going to be a Ford authorized up-grade if you have the Sasquatch package.

The trim you can't get paint protection film on because of gvw concerns?

Color me skeptical, sources?

I have always heard 37's thrown around with the "warthog"

Anyone here gotten "the email" yet with build info? I apparently am sitting at #148 of 75 allocations at my dealer so, gonna be a while...At least I'm not expecting it soon, now I only have to anxiously await the email from Starlink.

85_Ranger4x4

Anyone here gotten "the email" yet with build info? I apparently am sitting at #148 of 75 allocations at my dealer so, gonna be a while...At least I'm not expecting it soon, now I only have to anxiously await the email from Starlink.

Nope and it is driving my wife nuts.

I suspect we probably have close to a year to get our car.

toddz69

Explorer
The trim you can't get paint protection film on because of gvw concerns?

Color me skeptical, sources?

I have always heard 37's thrown around with the "warthog"

I agree - they won't fit correctly on anything less than the "Warthog". The 4WP concept rig at Moab had them but they rubbed the fenders - even with their 'fender flare delete' and their 3.5" suspension kit. To not have them rub, you'd have to change the bumpstop configuration, which gives you less suspension travel than stock. They might also need crash bar mods to fit correctly as well.

Todd Z.

86scotty

Cynic
I just crawled in, under, out and around a bunch of new Broncos yesterday at Bronco Super Celebration East in Townsend TN. Never been to said event even though it's 15 miles from my house. Anyway, these things apparently have a following. I had no idea. The new Bronco is all I was really interested in. It's impressive. Not sure if it is as impressive as the price tag is high though.

My overall thoughts from not really being in to new trucks or Broncos:
- Pretty plain interior, especially dash/tech. Pretty plain Jane for any new truck.
- Impressively thought out offroad bits, angles, lines, tie downs, bumpers, vision. Should be a formidable Jeep opponent. For now, it's far better in most ways except dash/console.
- Great front seats, and I mean GREAT! Horrible rear seats in 2 AND 4 door models. I would NOT buy one of these for 4. It's much worse IMO than a JKU/JLU in the back seat. Also, they don't even fold down flat. That's really inexcusable in any new vehicle.
- Love the soft top with no center crossmember. Also, love the lift-up w/ kickstand feature of the 4 door hard top. Almost makes it a decent grocery getter. *I did not look closely at a hard top.
- Rear door that opens almost 270 with strut that stops in all the right places is brilliant. Jeep should take note.
- Rear interior storage area is nice and square and plastic. Not fancy but makes more sense than all of the odd curves and unusable space in the back of a Jeep.
- Front IFS is brilliant, of course, but I didn't drive one so I'm just imagining how good it is.
- This thing with the 2/7 Ecoboost and 10 speed must be magic. I wish I had gotten a drive but I won't stand in long lines for free money. Life is too short.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I just crawled in, under, out and around a bunch of new Broncos yesterday at Bronco Super Celebration East in Townsend TN. Never been to said event even though it's 15 miles from my house. Anyway, these things apparently have a following. I had no idea. The new Bronco is all I was really interested in. It's impressive. Not sure if it is as impressive as the price tag is high though.

- Pretty plain interior, especially dash/tech. Pretty plain Jane for any new truck.
- Impressively thought out offroad bits, angles, lines, tie downs, bumpers, vision. Should be a formidable Jeep opponent. For now, it's far better in most ways except dash/console.
- Great front seats, and I mean GREAT! Horrible rear seats in 2 AND 4 door models. I would NOT buy one of these for 4. It's much worse IMO than a JKU/JLU in the back seat. Also, they don't even fold down flat. That's really inexcusable in any new vehicle.
- Love the soft top with no center crossmember. Also, love the lift-up w/ kickstand feature of the 4 door hard top. Almost makes it a decent grocery getter. *I did not look closely at a hard top.
- Rear door that opens almost 270 with strut that stops in all the right places is brilliant. Jeep should take note.
- Rear interior storage area is nice and square and plastic. Not fancy but makes more sense than all of the odd curves and unusable space in the back of a Jeep.
- Front IFS is brilliant, of course, but I didn't drive one so I'm just imagining how good it is.
- This thing with the 2/7 Ecoboost and 10 speed must be magic. I wish I had gotten a drive but I won't stand in long lines for free money. Life is too short.
Honestly the JK several friends have them and I’m always shocked by how s-tty the seating space is both front and back rows. And I’m not a big guy.

85_Ranger4x4

Dashes do vary between trim levels.

What was so bad about the back seat? Just a crappy seat or?

Only event near here was a an hour away last Thursday which was really convenient. Didn't go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles