Off the Grid Surplus Trailblazers: Best Pants Ever?

BretEdge

Adventurer
Over the last few months I've picked up a few pairs of the Off the Grid Surplus Trailblazer pants. Absolutely love 'em. Both the 4's and the Pro's. I recently published a review of both models in OutdoorX4 magazine. Thought y'all might be interested in checking it out.

Off The Grid Surplus Trailblazer Pants Review

If you want the short and sweet version, they're freakin' awesome. Great for overlanding, hiking, chilling, casual-ing, etc. Super comfy, durable, look good.

PJorgen

Desert Dweller
I ordered a pair of the 5.0 pants based on the OP's review and was very disappointed. These pants are not for a serious outdoorsman, they're more about fashion than function. I guess OP doesn't use his gear very hard. I sent a detailed email critique to the company and received a very nice reply, stating in part;

Our recommendation on a "hiking trail pant" would be our Trailblazer PRO's rather than the Trailblazer 5's.

Really, the Trailblazer pant is not a hiking trail pant? Of course the PRO pants are $80.

I will say that they have good customer service and an excellent return policy. They accepted my return and issued a refund even though I'd worn the pants on a long hike and they were a bit dirty.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
I ordered a pair of the 5.0 pants based on the OP's review and was very disappointed. These pants are not for a serious outdoorsman, they're more about fashion than function. I guess OP doesn't use his gear very hard. I sent a detailed email critique to the company and received a very nice reply, stating in part;

Our recommendation on a "hiking trail pant" would be our Trailblazer PRO's rather than the Trailblazer 5's.

Really, the Trailblazer pant is not a hiking trail pant? Of course the PRO pants are $80.

I will say that they have good customer service and an excellent return policy. They accepted my return and issued a refund even though I'd worn the pants on a long hike and they were a bit dirty.

try these, I think you’ll be more impressed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94