Help, Overlanding Rear Coil Springs.

I have a 2017 Jeep rubicon jku that has a previousl installed 2.5” lift. We have a rtt and then with the gear loaded in cargo area are Jeep tends to sag bad. can Anyone give me a good recommendation on a “load” or heavy duty rear coil spring around that 2.5” lift range that will help my tires from rubbing on off roads?

that_dude

Do you know what lift you have? You could end up with some undesirable results if you don’t know what else you’ve got going on with your suspension. You could try helper bags in the rear springs. For new rear springs OME 2620s would get you close to that height and will handle the weight.

that_dude

I would suggest a pair of AEV heavy duty progressive rate 3.5" coils
The AEV 3.5” coils are good for the weight, but they’ll net more than 2.5” of lift. Going to 3.5” of lift will require more than what was likely included with his 2.5” lift. So going to 3.5” coils gets more complicated.

Also you called them “heavy duty” but the AEV “high capacity” coils are different from the 3.5” coils. The high capacity AEV coils are 4.5” coils.

kootenay

Intergalacticsuperintendent
I am running airbags so that I can adjust based on load. Nice ride when empty or good ride with a load and or a bike rack or trailer. You just have to size the airbag to the springs you have.

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
I tried the OME 2620 springs in my JKU. They handle the weight great when the Jeep is sitting at about 6300 pounds but they make for a ride like a lumber wagon when the Jeep is under 6000. I reinstalled my 2618 springs in the fall and I have been trying to cut weight. All of my gear is getting weighed like I'm backpacking and some things are leaving. I would ideally like to keep my weight under 5900 when I'm fully loaded with four passenger. That's still overloaded but it's a tough call in a Jeep to have it under gvwr. I did install a Hellwig sway bar and that added some stability.

Do you know what lift you have? You could end up with some undesirable results if you don’t know what else you’ve got going on with your suspension. You could try helper bags in the rear springs. For new rear springs OME 2620s would get you close to that height and will handle the weight.
I have what I believe to be a 2.5” rubicon express lift kit. Now on the helper bags I have seen them but didn’t know if that would affect our articulatio.

billiebob

Firestone Air Bags are the best solution. Ai
I have a 2017 Jeep rubicon jku that has a previousl installed 2.5” lift. We have a rtt and then with the gear loaded in cargo area are Jeep tends to sag bad. can Anyone give me a good recommendation on a “load” or heavy duty rear coil spring around that 2.5” lift range that will help my tires from rubbing on off roads?
Firestone Air Bags are the best solution. When empty air down, As you add weight, add air. Same as every air ride semi out there. Completely adjustable and maybe $100.

s-l1600.jpg

I'm sure you have on board air but you can air these up and level yer rig in a minute with a bicycle pump
AND you will be LEVEL. Not jacked up like a 1970s street racer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles