New Bronco

D

Deleted member 9101

I just ordered a Badlands in cactus grey with sasquatch package and 2.7L. I went with the black-painted hardtop which pushed the delivery date 3 months so the salesman indicated an August delivery date.

Cheers

The 2.7 should be fun in something that small!

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Thread drift: Let's see a photo of your GX on 255s... Sounds proper. Got a link?

LOL....crickets...0E1D3823-9F4B-47B6-8EB7-222B108440E3.jpeg....and GX poster missed the point that Bronco shoppers are not likely shopping for his type of rig

Last edited:

MattF350

Observer
Finally got to see 2 in person at the dealership during my service. They didnt look too bad. Compared to the rest of the lot, price was on point!

Little small for my liking. Was parked next to an explorer. While smaller, its not that far off.

I miss the older explorers.

85_Ranger4x4

Finally got to see 2 in person at the dealership during my service. They didnt look too bad. Compared to the rest of the lot, price was on point!

Little small for my liking. Was parked next to an explorer. While smaller, its not that far off.

I miss the older explorers.

Bronco Sport I assume?

Grassland

How about back to Ford not being able to figure out more than one main name for multiple vehicles???
Durrrr.... Transit connect. How about the big van we make in Europe coming to NA?
Durrrr... Transit. .. .... Dats it .
Ok so we are bringing back the Bronco
... "Dah Bronco"..
Ok ok ok, nice, let's keep rolling with it.
Now how about the subcompact crossover with an emphasis on lifestyle?
... "Bronco....." Yes.. and? ".... sport?"
Bronco.... Sport?
Ok our focus group is out of time just rubber stamp this

85_Ranger4x4

How about back to Ford not being able to figure out more than one main name for multiple vehicles???
Durrrr.... Transit connect. How about the big van we make in Europe coming to NA?
Ok so we are bringing back the Bronco
... "Dah Bronco"..
Ok ok ok, nice, let's keep rolling with it.
Now how about the subcompact crossover with an emphasis on lifestyle?
... "Bronco....." Yes.. and? ".... sport?"
Bronco.... Sport?
Ok our focus group is out of time just rubber stamp this

There have been rumblings about a Bronco pickup too...

Not the first time we have had more than one Bronco though.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
The Sport is a sorely needed long over due entry level SUV thats no doubt going to cut into Subaru sales. I do think Ford needs to fix the transfer case on it so its flat towable and also more durable ie less prone to overheating and AWD disabled. I would have bought one instead of a Subaru when I was single and into all sorts of outdoors stuff.

The Bronco I think they totally nailed it. Hope to see it soon.

As for those who want to drag a bunk house and gear while family of 4 sit with wind in their hair? Yeah my Expedition does that with its huge sun roof and windows down?

Paddler Ed

Adventurer

Ford always had the Transit in Europe; in the 1980s the commercial vehicle division also had the Ford Cargo (3500 - 7500kg+ range).

The Transit Connect replaced the previous small van (the Courier) which was derived from the Fiesta (B-pillar forward)

The branding across the commercial ranges almost reflects the purpose of the van; the Courier was used for the final mile delivery/small business local run around, and so was the Connect. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Courier#Europe_(1991–2002)

The Transit van is a strong model line in Europe (much like an Fnnn is in the USA), so it made perfect sense to align the small van with the Transit family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles