2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited AEV JK350 6.4L Hemi 6-Speed Manual on BaT

conquest26

Observer
Hi all, my Sunset Orange on Black Leather 2015 AEV JK350 Rubicon Unlimited 6.4L Hemi 6-Speed is currently for sale on Bring a Trailer!

Current mileage is just over 36k and there's an extensive build list featuring the entire AEV catalog and the following highlights:
  • Jeep Details:
    • 2015 Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    • ~36k Miles
    • Sunset Orange exterior
    • Black leather interior
    • Clean MO Title (in the name of the seller’s LLC)
    • Vehicle Location: Glendale, CA 91027 (vehicle cannot be sold to a private-party CA buyer)
  • AEV Build:
    • AEV 6.4L Hemi conversion
    • AEV 6-Speed Manual Transmission conversion (rare combination, one of approx. 26 manual Hemi's converted by AEV)
    • AEV 4.5" suspension lift
    • AEV HD Springs (new)
    • AEV Instrument Cluster
    • AEV Heat reduction hood
    • AEV Premium Front bumper with Warn winch and hawse style fairlead
    • AEV Rear bumper with Tire Carrier, Hi‑Lift / Pull-Pal Mount & Shovel
    • AEV Roof rack
    • AEV Floor mats (new)
    • AEV Snorkel
    • AEV Rear Corner Guards
    • AEV Corner Guardrails (new)
    • AEV HI‑Lift / Pull-Pal Mount
    • AEV Black Premium Leather w/ AEV logos on headrest
    • AEV Savegre Wheels
    • AEV JK Rear Vision System (Camera in spare tire, monitor inside rear view mirror)
    • AEV Fuel Caddy & siphon
  • Additional Upgrades:
    • 5x BFGoodrich 37" KO2 (less than 1.5k miles, spare is unused)
    • Dynatrac Custom Trail Series 60 High Pinion Semi-Float Rear Axle Assembly
    • RCV Ultimate Dana 44 CV Axle Set w/ 300mm Inner Shafts
    • Synergy Inner Axle Sleeve & Gusset Kits
    • Reid Racing Heavy Duty Jeep JK High Steer Knuckle
    • Synergy Rear Drive Shaft Upgrade
    • Synergy Jeep JK Heavy Duty Drag Link Kit
    • Synergy Jeep JK Chromoly Tie Rod
    • Synergy Jeep JK Front Track Bar
    • Dynatrac Prosteer Ball Joints
    • Sierra Gear & Axle 4.56 Gears
    • ARB Front and Rear Diff covers (Black)
    • Fox 2.0 Performance Series ATS Steering Stabilizer
    • Baer big brake kit (red), 6 piston fronts, 4 piston rears with drilled & slotted rotors (new pads)
    • Adjustable upper & lower control arms, front and rear (recently installed)
    • Stealth Shelf (slightly raised rear floor with 3x bags underneath)
    • Power Tank w/ roll bar mount
    • Fire extinguisher mounted to roll bar
    • VisionX 6.7" Light Cannons w/ Euro Covers (Clear + Amber)
    • VisionX 24" Xmitter Low Profile Prime Xtreme Black w/ Amber Cover
    • VisionX 4.7" Square Utility Xtreme Rear LED work/flood/backup light
    • Rugged Ridge A-Pillar Switch housing with Carling Technologies switches and custom Contura XIV rockers
    • KC Hilites LED Headlights
    • KC Hilites Fog Lights
    • JW Speaker LED Brake Lights
    • Oracle LED Mirror Lights (wide-angle)
    • GraBars handles, front & rear (Black)
    • 67 Designs Phone & Camera Mount (dashboard mount)
    • Rock Slide Engineering Step Sliders w/ lights, newly installed
    • Rock Slide Engineering Full Length Fender Flares (F&R), newly installed
    • Fishbone Off Road Aluminum Inner Fenders
    • Pull Pall (Never used)
    • High Lift Jack (New)
    • Brawlee Rear glass liftgate LED lighting (custom switch that allows On/Off/Door functionality)
    • Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Electronic Brake Control & Trailer Wiring
    • Core Shifters 6 speed shift knob
    • B&M Extended Transfer Case Handle with Core Shifters knob
    • Tuffy Security Product Driver & Passenger under-seat lockboxes
    • Maximus 3 Driver seat Flashlight holder w/ MagLite clips & LED flashlight
    • Cascadia 4x4 Flipster (folding front license plate cover in front of winch fairlead)
    • SSV Works LED Interior light (above rearview mirror with On/Door functionality)
    • Interior incandescent dome lights replaced with LEDs
  • Recent Work:
    • Full interior/exterior detail
    • Recent oil change
    • Diff fluid recently serviced
    • New Brake pads & fluid service
    • Replaced power steering hose
    • Replaced rear pinion seal
    • Applied "American Expedition Vehicles" decal on windshield, "Rubicon" decals on hood and "6.4L VVT V8" decals on step sliders
    • New rear shocks (rear/passenger shock showed evidence of leaking so the rear pair was replaced, fronts are fine)
    • New rear sway bar end links (boots were worn)
    • New rear brake calipers (replaced due to a defect)
    • New brake pads front & rear
    • New heat shield installed under Driver side rear seat footwell (above resonator) to reduce interior heat, part supplied by AEV
    • New MagnaFlow stainless resonator & muffler
    • Open factory recalls addressed (incl. airbags)

conquest26

Observer
2015_jeep_wrangler_16140169257633c2015_jeep_wrangler_1613980439208495d566bd23af0-75c7-4792-a44...jpg

2015_jeep_wrangler_1613980462208495d562015_jeep_wrangler_1613980461f66e7dff9f98764da62abca09-2...jpg

2015_jeep_wrangler_1613980938208495d562015_jeep_wrangler_16139809376e7dff9f98764dadb4cf077-291...jpg

2015_jeep_wrangler_1613981068ff9f98764da2015_jeep_wrangler_16139810678764da6bf2edfa-cb70-42b2-...jpg

2015_jeep_wrangler_1613981244d565ef66e7dff9f2015_jeep_wrangler_1613981243565ef66e7dff9f9833aa4...jpg

Last edited:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Nice Jeep (from the description), but you can't list it here without a price. So what is your min? Have you considered listing on AEV's forum? They have the same pricing rules as this forum does.
Also, sorry but your photos did not load. Possibly too large?

This sounds like my idea of a dream rig, why can't you sell it to a private party in California?

Last edited:

hollowgram5

Nice Jeep (from the description), but you can't list it here without a price. So what is your min? Have you considered listing on AEV's forum? They have the same pricing rules as this forum does.
Also, sorry but your photos did not load. Possibly too large?

This sounds like my idea of a dream rig, why can't you sell it to a private party in California?
Lots of pictures on the BringATrailer auction listing: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2015-jeep-wrangler-40/
Also, being that it's an auction and they have rules about listing for sale on other sites, this definitely straddles the line between "ExPo owners and Craigslist/marketplace/etc" as it's technically both.

I'd venture a guess that because the swap isn't anywhere near CARB approved, it cannot be registered in California (hence the "titled in Montana under the seller's LLC" text on BaT). Seller should be able to provide more details.

conquest26

Observer
@nwoods, @hollowgram5 is exactly right - I bought this Jeep in ID under the naive belief that I would be able to register it in CA, but that proved to be impossible. If you look at the ownership history, the CARFAX shows two line items in California (inspection & service), but it was never successfully registered here. I'm unfortunately unable to sell it to a private party in CA given the conversion.

In terms of posting the price, I'm not exactly sure what to do. I can reach out to the contact listed on the "Forum Rules: READ BEFORE POSTING" thread for permission. At the time of this post, the current bid is $35,000 which is below the reserve approved by BaT (there's over $140k in the Jeep, the reserve is a fraction of what it took to build it). Note, it is also posted on AEV Forum under Preowned AEV Wrangler.

PS - images fixed!

Last edited:

Happycoop

Observer
@nwoods, @hollowgram5 is exactly right - I bought this Jeep in ID under the naive belief that I would be able to register it in CA, but that proved to be impossible. If you look at the ownership history, the CARFAX shows California ownership, but it was never successfully registered here. I'm unfortunately unable to sell it to a private party in CA given the conversion.

In terms of posting the price, I'm not exactly sure what to do. I can reach out to the contact listed on the "Forum Rules: READ BEFORE POSTING" thread for permission. At the time of this post, the current bid is $35,000 which is below the reserve approved by BaT (there's over $140k in the Jeep, the reserve is a fraction of what it took to build it). Note, it is also posted on AEV Forum under Preowned AEV Wrangler.

PS - images fixed!
What's the reserve at? I hate BAT auctions for this reason, you simply never know how much you'll have to have ready in order to actually acquire a vehicle. I just dealt with this recently where I needed to know how much money to move from one account to another in order to complete a transaction, and of course it was at end of day on a Friday and I was to pick up the vehicle first thing Saturday. Makes for messy money moving or a delayed transaction.

conquest26

Observer
@Happycoop, I'll send you a message so we can discuss offline.

FYI, this is the second vehicle I've sold on BaT. The first one shipped to France and it took about two to three weeks to get the funds sorted. I don't believe there's a formal timeline to complete the transaction if you have the winning bid on BaT. After the reserve is met and the auction ends they say, "The buyer and seller then work together to complete the transaction and arrange for shipping if necessary. BaT is happy to provide assistance or answer any questions during this part of the process." I'm flexible and happy to work with whoever ultimately buys the Jeep!

billiebob

I think we're going to have to modify the rules so when it's an auction like this one, the price is not expected.
Absolutely. Maybe create a category for Vehicles at Auction. That would let anyone repost something of interest.
With a major disclaimer.

billiebob

What's the reserve at? I hate BAT auctions for this reason, you simply never know how much you'll have to have ready in order to actually acquire a vehicle. I just dealt with this recently where I needed to know how much money to move from one account to another in order to complete a transaction, and of course it was at end of day on a Friday and I was to pick up the vehicle first thing Saturday. Makes for messy money moving or a delayed transaction.
Reserve is never revealed until it is met. Bid what you can afford and hope. Posting the reserve kills the bidding.
If you bid. make sure your money is accessible. No one really cares about your personal money management.
And this is not a BaT thing. ebay, Barrett Jackson, Mecum, all the same, the reserve is a best kept secret.
And for good reason.

Generally, the "reserve has been met" statement results in a flurry of bidding.
Often that is the result of the buyer saying close enough and dropping the reserve.

Reserves are there to protect the seller from taking a huge bath.

Last edited:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Billiebob, I like the idea of a new listing channel for auctions. That way others can post links to cars that aren't actually theirs, but things they've seen that might be relevant to this group here on ExPo.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles