FOUND Vans For Sale!

eporter

Adventurer
This 2003 4x4 ambo with the 6.0 just popped up for 18k.

From a FB post:

“Our fire department is selling our decommissioned ambulance since we received a grant for a new one in 2019 and received it fall 2020.
$18,000 or Reasonable offers accepted. This is a 1 owner, always maintained, 2003 Ford F-350 Wheeled Coach Ambulance Conversion Vehicle. It has a V8 6.0L Powerstroke Turbo diesel engine with an automatic transmission. 4x4. Vehicle has 45,000 miles. No major wear or damage to the truck or to the box. The cab is clean and has working heat and air conditioning. The box features rear lighting with heat, air conditioning, electrical power outlets, multiple storage cabinets inside and outside. Everything in the back is in excellent condition. This would be a great truck to convert to living quarters for overlanding. Height inside the box is 6 feet. 12 feet long. Always stored indoors. Ambulance stickers must be removed before private use.

Please email Raft River Fire District with questions or to make an offer: raftriverfire@gmail.com I will pass along anyone seriously interested to one of our fire commissioners. He has been with the department since the ambulance was bought new. PM me for his contact info. Located in Malta, Idaho”
e231bb61a49d6649a1d98e427713a423.jpg

Craig_C

Talked to a ‘local’ shop about bulletproofing an E series. $11,500 starting $12,500 would be high and $15k Max. Then I called Mesa AZ, headquarters, the salesman first question was am I wanting 4x4 because the oil cooler kits weren’t designed for that and they wouldn’t do that part at their shop. He did hear of a shop in California that used a smaller oil filter and it seemed to work. I’m not interested in having my driveline potentially knock my oil filter off and strand me in the middle of nowhere. Looking for a cheap v10 gas cab chassis now. Or... can you post a link to the F350 above.

eporter

Adventurer
I can’t share a link to the post, but it’s in this group, and was posted today. Also missed that it’s an F series and not a van!

Ambulance Camper Conversions - North America :

3f1b82c545fae4ab4681d8e004ee7e7a.jpg

Deshet

Adventurer
Talked to a ‘local’ shop about bulletproofing an E series. $11,500 starting $12,500 would be high and $15k Max. Then I called Mesa AZ, headquarters, the salesman first question was am I wanting 4x4 because the oil cooler kits weren’t designed for that and they wouldn’t do that part at their shop. He did hear of a shop in California that used a smaller oil filter and it seemed to work. I’m not interested in having my driveline potentially knock my oil filter off and strand me in the middle of nowhere. Looking for a cheap v10 gas cab chassis now. Or... can you post a link to the F350 above.
That is extremely high for a delete. You should get a itemized invoice.
It's $4000 tops in my area with head studs. I could see an E-series being higher but not 10k. The E-series based 6.0 did not have as many problems as the trucks because of the reduced hp. Consider joining ford-trucks or powerstroke nation to get more info

If you plan to run stock or close to stock HP head studs aren't needed.

EGR delete and oil cooler is the most common
The closer you get to 2006 the more refined the 6.0 gets.
I have the same 4x4 ambulance F350 but mine is a 2006.
Getting the oil cooler done and EGR. And it should last a long time.

Last edited:

jagarcia89

Yeah when you look at what other 4x4 vans are going for 18k is super reasonable. In fact, non Ambo 7.3 4x4s were going for more than 18k even before prices shot up in the last 12 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eporter

Adventurer
Ambos are no longer the great bargain they once were thanks to vanlife and Covid prices. I was looking at a 4wd 7.3 F350 the other day that was selling for high 20ks and thought “oh, good deal, I guess”

Last edited:
Reactions: WVI

89s rule

Adventurer
Y’all joke about the van prices and I’ve barley had a nibble on selling my 7.3.

jagarcia89

Y’all joke about the van prices and I’ve barley had a nibble on selling my 7.3.

If I remember correctly wasn't yours a 2WD that needed a transmission? Even with the 2WD, you may have better luck if you fix the trans. Some people just aren't willing to take on a project that also need mechanical repairs, so you may attract a broader audience and get more $$$ if you invest in the repairs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles