4xe

MarcusBrody

Neat vehicle. But, build in price is coming north of 60k for non Rubicon for me. That's a lot of dough. And why did Jeep equip these with 20" wheels except for Rubicon?
The only other trims offered are the "luxury" trims, so why not just outfit the Rubicon? Even with the Rubicon I need to check nearly every optional package to get it across the 60k mark.

Looking at the configurator on Jeep's site, I'd want the Rubicon with the hardtop and the heavy duty towing package. That would take me to $56480 (for white paint, which I would probably want in the desert). Then you have the $7500 tax credit. And folks on Jeep forums seem to be reporting being able to order at 2-5% off of MSRP. So you're looking at a net price of around $47k all in. Which certainly isn't cheap, but also isn't super crazy either. A Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon optioned the same way comes out to $48400 for me, which is almost exactly what a similarly optioned 4xe comes out after the tax break is factored in. The 4xe comes with the automatic transmission standard where as the non-hybrid has it as a ~$1500 option, so that makes starting MSRPs a bit deceptive. Unless you just want a manual, then you're out of luck with the 4xe at any price.

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
The only other trims offered are the "luxury" trims, so why not just outfit the Rubicon? Even with the Rubicon I need to check nearly every optional package to get it across the 60k mark.

Looking at the configurator on Jeep's site, I'd want the Rubicon with the hardtop and the heavy duty towing package. That would take me to $56480 (for white paint, which I would probably want in the desert).

With those options, it comes out to $65,625 for me.. (CDN) Not sure if there are any tax credits here.

If I also add in the steel bumpers, headliner and cold weather group I'd want, I'm at 68K.
Capture.PNG

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Jeep cant get there 2.0L hybrid thingy reliable. What gives us the confidence that they can master an electric vehicle.

And you can deceive yourself all you want. There is nothing simple about a battery powered vehicle.

MarcusBrody

With those options, it comes out to $65,625 for me.. (CDN) Not sure if there are any tax credits here.

If I also add in the steel bumpers, headliner and cold weather group I'd want, I'm at 68K.
View attachment 643805
Sorry, I missed that you were in Canada. It's also easier for me as I live in the desert (no Cold Weather Group) and think that I would probably pass on the steel bumpers just because I value the payload more than what the steel brings (at least until I bash the the stock ones up sufficiently to prove to my self that I need them).

autism family travels

View attachment 643805
still thousands less than a bronco outfitted with the squatch package. I priced the black diamond 4 door with dual tops, squatch package, Nav, trailer package, and mid interior package and its 71k before taxes. The 4xe rubicon gets better gas milage, is overall a better off road rig and will save you hundreds per year in gas when running around doing errands on electric only.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
still thousands less than a bronco outfitted with the squatch package. I priced the black diamond 4 door with dual tops, squatch package, Nav, trailer package, and mid interior package and its 71k before taxes. The 4xe rubicon gets better gas milage, is overall a better off road rig and will save you hundreds per year in gas when running around doing errands on electric only.
With similar options as to how I built my 4xe, Bronco was cheaper. For some reason, badland with sasquatch and wildtrak which included sasquatch come out priced near identical? Try it, it's weird.

Capture.PNG

camodog

Adventurer
I would really like to have the 4XE in a gladiator.
Could use battery only for the daily commutes. And have all the torque of the diesel or a small hemi with better mpgs!? Yes please.
Losing the under seat storage would suck, I use mine for all my recovery gear, but I would gladly give that up for the batteries

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Has anyone actually seen a 4xe Rubicon in the wild yet, bought one, or driven one? I’m really curious about them, but I’m pretty sure I have one of the worst possible use cases, and it probably doesn’t make sense for me. I have about 50 - 60 miles daily on a mix of high speed freeway and surface street commute, in temps commonly well over 100 degrees (AC on), and a really high electric rate. I’m guessing from the math that I would spend about $5 daily on power to replace 2 gallons of gas, and end up driving a 2.0T wrangler most of the time with less storage. But... I think my JK is chronically under-torqued and would love to see if the electric boost made a difference in towing or freeway merges. If these end up in anyone’s rental fleet, I would love to grab one for a solid 2-4 week road test though! Any real-world experiences yet?

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
My DD is a 2014 Chevy Volt, and my recreational vehicle is a 2010 JKUR. As soon as Jeep releases a 4xe Gladiator, I'll be replacing these two vehicles with one. I absolutely love the extended-range EV technology, and I think the torque output of the electric motor would be ideal for a Jeep, without the range anxiety issues that pure-EV creates. And who wouldn't want 375hp and 470ft-lbs of torque while getting 50mpg-e??? Sounds like the perfect Jeep for me.

autism family travels

My DD is a 2014 Chevy Volt, and my recreational vehicle is a 2010 JKUR. As soon as Jeep releases a 4xe Gladiator, I'll be replacing these two vehicles with one. I absolutely love the extended-range EV technology, and I think the torque output of the electric motor would be ideal for a Jeep, without the range anxiety issues that pure-EV creates. And who wouldn't want 375hp and 470ft-lbs of torque while getting 50mpg-e??? Sounds like the perfect Jeep for me.

It is awesome. We are hopfull that Jeep gives us a small 4xe vehicle to replace the patriot too. I don't want to move from the Jeep brand, but I am all in on plug in vehicles.

kootenay

Intergalacticsuperintendent
I will be waiting 1-2 years, for financial as well as reliability reasons. The idea is interesting, just want to see the application. Right now I am finding all new vehicle prices hard to swallow.

ITTOG

Wow, would anyone really buy a jeep or bronco at $60k? Seems like a $30k car to me.

kayadog

Adventurer
You can get a Wrangler for $30k. It will have a soft top, manual transmission, puny street tires, and hand crank windows and manual door locks though. Pretty sure a base Bronco will be $30k too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles