Coleman Addiction.....for pesants. ha ha ha!

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Ha! So I've been on a bit of a Coleman Craze the past few weeks. I've been collecting lanterns and stoves since 2013 but now I'm finally getting around to getting them all working.

Here's a pristine 1958 Milspec, not a chip on it. Complete with a home-made wooden box, parts well with a wrench and extra mantles, and an envelope with more mantles and a couple of spare generators, marked 1958. Oiled the pump cup and she fired up with a roar!

2018-09-10 20.20.24.jpg2018-09-10 20.42.59 HDR.jpg

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
I even got this little 242 to run. My oldest working lantern (1946!)

2018-09-12 21.29.00.jpg

Note the funky globe with the lighting hole. That's not a Coleman globe, it was made for some other brand of Propane lantern. But it was too cool to pass up for ~$30.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Canadian 200, undated, mid-60's (note the "low top" vent.) This is identical to a US 200a, it's just that the 200A wasn't sold in Canada (at least according to Terry Marsh's comprehensive web page.) Cap gasket was dried out so instead of replacing it I just swapped out a good cap from a 220K to get it lit.

2018-09-10 21.21.43.jpg2018-09-10 21.27.02.jpg

MuckSavage

Adventurer
Trash Pickery yesterday on my way home from work: 1989 era 2 burner propane stove that works perfect! (Funny was strapping it on my V Strom to get it home)

image.jpg

rnArmy

Adventurer
Lets see...

At least two Coleman tents (& I need to get their smaller 10x10' tent for my next adventure), one sleeping bag at least, a dual element propane lantern, a single element fuel lantern (probably 20 years old with a plastic case that I've never fired-up), a 52 qt cooler (that's on the front of my trailer, and at least a couple more coolers in the basement), a two burner propane stove (I really like the convenience of propane), one of their folding ovens that you use on the stove, and I'm sure a bunch of misc. Coleman camping gear I can't think of right now. I grew up with Coleman - it was synonymous with camping.

I even had a Coleman watch back around 1997 till some ************ broke into my truck and stole it (along with a bunch of tools and such).

Last edited:

dcg141

Adventurer
Anyone seen Coleman prices lately on e-bay?? 200 lanterns have really increased in price. Stoves also. 202 lanterns are crazy.

85_Ranger4x4

Anyone seen Coleman prices lately on e-bay?? 200 lanterns have really increased in price. Stoves also. 202 lanterns are crazy.

Its gone freaking stupid.

I just picked this up yesterday:

I mainly have what the rest of the country refers to as "commons", mainly 220's and a 290. The old stuff and single mantle lanterns were never common in my area. I have a 200A that by chance a friend snagged for me in South Dakota is my mom's birthday lantern and a CL2 that is was made the same month and year my truck was built. It is probably my favorite.

And this little guy was the funnest two bucks ever, only needed a new valve and a new generator ?

It makes a freaking mean pot of macaroni though...

Find 'em cheap, do some cleaning, throw a couple bucks of parts at them, they are a fun practical hobby.

I use them around the house more than anything, lanterns rotate thru grille duty:

And here we are getting ready to clean chickens...

Cooking supper while wrenching on the truck:

Not sure if today's crazy prices are from people looking at ebay and thinking that is what people are actually paying or if people really want to spend $150 on a 220H...

Deals are still out there though.

Last edited:

ITTOG

What Coleman addiction? (I'm still in denial.)

2016-07-22%2019.45.39.jpg

13615503_1213860341958143_9157569462015128424_n.jpg
Awesome. I have been looking for some on craigslist. I was going to get a couple last week but the snow shut down that given it was an hour away and I was dealing with lost power issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles