2021 F150 Raptor... optional 37's and optional V8 coming...

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Well good thing your Ruby Red Raptor has been pin striped by nature!

Oh. Right. :ROFLMAO:

Just means I'm using it correctly.... according to some

tenor.gif

D

Deleted member 9101

Yes, same around here. Crew cabs are the new family sedans, as they say. And really, for good reason. I remember my father strapping all sorts of stuff to the top of his Grand Marquis - mattresses, lumber, and a couch one time, I think ?. Family trips with my brother in the back seat with mounds of luggage between us, under our feet, behind our heads. Listening to that “state of the art” cassette player with I think 3 tapes repeating the entire trip. Not the fondest of memories.

Crew Cab trucks make sense for a lot of folks. Family road trips, boat hauler, weekend projects, etc. Does it all. Which is why they sell a ton of them.

Monday - Friday my truck is 100% a family vehicle. We even take it from Fl to NM and NH even though it gets 1/2 the mpg of my wife's car due to thr massive amount of space. That alone is priceless when your traveling with a small child.

tacollie

Glamper
Monday - Friday my truck is 100% a family vehicle. We even take it from Fl to NM and NH even though it gets 1/2 the mpg of my wife's car due to thr massive amount of space. That alone is priceless when your traveling with a small child.
Comfort is underrated. We take the Tundra or F250 over our TDI VW despite getting 1/4 of the mpgs for that reason. We didn't mind Tacomas until we got the VW. The Tundra blow the VW away. The F250 is even better.

The performance aspects of the raptor are great but the comfort level is huge. The power, ride, and premium interior make killing miles easy!

Trixxx

Interesting - I hear lots of guys prefer the 10sp in the new Superduty's over the 6.....I've driven several F150's with the 10spds and my Ranger has it and I think it's great.

I love the 10 spd in my 2020 F250 Tremor. I had a 75 mile commute (each way) today and got about 17 mpg going 70+ mph... And I have 37x12.5 Ridge Grapplers on it..

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
As good as my 2020 Raptor is, I can only imagine how much better the 2021 Raptor will be. I used to roll my eyes at the thought of the EcoPoop V6 until I drove one. While the EcoPoop doesn’t have the same soul as a fire breathing V8, the setup is rather remarkable in the Raptor. Add to the fact that every time I get gas my ”Distance Until Empty” reads 500 miles, it’s really hard to fault the truck. I hope they bring a supercharged V8 to fight the TRX because I believe competition is good for the consumer.

D

Deleted member 9101

As good as my 2020 Raptor is, I can only imagine how much better the 2021 Raptor will be. I used to roll my eyes at the thought of the EcoPoop V6 until I drove one. While the EcoPoop doesn’t have the same soul as a fire breathing V8, the setup is rather remarkable in the Raptor. Add to the fact that every time I get gas my ”Distance Until Empty” reads 500 miles, it’s really hard to fault the truck. I hope they bring a supercharged V8 to fight the TRX because I believe competition is good for the consumer.

That's literally the only negative of either EcoBoost.... The way they sound.

If you want to have some real fun... Drive a new Limited. Same 3.5 HO as the Raptor...buuut it's spinning lighter tires.

D

Deleted member 9101

I love the 10 spd in my 2020 F250 Tremor. I had a 75 mile commute (each way) today and got about 17 mpg going 70+ mph... And I have 37x12.5 Ridge Grapplers on it..

The new 10 speeds are pretty amazing. They make your rear end ratio and tire size much less important.

Trixxx

That's literally the only negative of either EcoBoost.... The way they sound.

If you want to have some real fun... Drive a new Limited. Same 3.5 HO as the Raptor...buuut it's spinning lighter tires.

From what I have heard from countless owners, I would say the reliability the the biggest concern.. It’s crazy how many horror stories I’ve seen across forms/Fb groups.

ITTOG

Anyone ever get a five link conversion. I have thought about it but not seriously, yet. If you have, did you like it. How much was it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 9101

From what I have heard from countless owners, I would say the reliability the the biggest concern.. It’s crazy how many horror stories I’ve seen across forms/Fb groups.

Its the most popular truck in the US. With literally millions on the road...the hundreds/thousands on the forums are not a large number. 1/2 of the time it's a simple problem being handled by incompetent people. For some reason people seem to be oblivious to the fact that dealerships are not always the best place to take your truck, especially when it's out of warrenty.

We ran about 10-1st gen 3.5s in our fleet where I work, they all were turned in at about 150-170k. Not a single one of them gave us a problem (I burned out the alternator in mine with to large of load, not the trucks fault).

Florida Highway Patrol has had fleet of F150s with the 3.5 for about 2 years and they absolutely love them and will gladly tell you that they have been far more reliable than the Tahoes they replaced.

My 2.7 is not stock and sees the track and pulls trailers and it hasn't flinched.

My brothers Limited has the 3.5 HO and his has been 100% reliable. His spends lots of time in the groves and tows a trailer almost daily.

My dads Navigator has the 3.5 in it and he's probably at 130k by now, most of that pulling a travel trailer, and his has never has a problem.

Point being, you never hear about the countless trucks that have no problems.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Its the most popular truck in the US. With literally millions on the road...the hundreds/thousands on the forums are not a large number. 1/2 of the time it's a simple problem being handled by incompetent people. For some reason people seem to be oblivious to the fact that dealerships are not always the best place to take your truck, especially when it's out of warrenty.

We ran about 10-1st gen 3.5s in our fleet where I work, they all were turned in at about 150-170k. Not a single one of them gave us a problem (I burned out the alternator in mine with to large of load, not the trucks fault).

Florida Highway Patrol has had fleet of F150s with the 3.5 for about 2 years and they absolutely love them and will gladly tell you that they have been far more reliable than the Tahoes they replaced.

My 2.7 is not stock and sees the track and pulls trailers and it hasn't flinched.

My brothers Limited has the 3.5 HO and his has been 100% reliable. His spends lots of time in the groves and tows a trailer almost daily.

My dads Navigator has the 3.5 in it and he's probably at 130k by now, most of that pulling a travel trailer, and his has never has a problem.

Anecdotally a lot of the people who ran into issues it was also their first time with a turbocharged vehicle and didn't treat it as such.

Anyone ever get a five link conversion. I have thought about it but not seriously, yet. If you have, did you like it. How much was it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

There are a handful of owners on the Raptor Forum who have done this... Its prohibitively expensive and one of my acquaintances who did it says the back it feels awfully wiggly on the road. On the dirt its a dream though.

Trixxx

you realize that until recently in the limited, the 3.5 in the raptor is different than the 3.5 in any other Ford vehicle, right?

There are not “millions” of the 3.5 H.O. Motor out there.

what do you do for work that your company bought 10 raptors as fleet trucks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94