Anyone in New England want to split cost of a container from Total Composites?

ripperj

Explorer
I’d like to order panels and windows for a camper build from Total Composites, but the shipping is currently prohibiting me.
They ship the panels in a container (C-van) and the current cost from TC to Ohio was quoted as $8000, so certainly more to New England.
Even prior to Covid , they said it would be $4-5k.

Anyone thinking about a build? two more would make shipping sorta reasonable ~$3k.

Probably a long shot, but worth the ink :)

Thx
Keith

Edit: I’m also looking at ideas like uhaul and a POD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I’d like to order panels and windows for a camper build from Total Composites, but the shipping is currently prohibiting me.
They ship the panels in a container (C-van) and the current cost from TC to Ohio was quoted as $8000, so certainly more to New England.
Even prior to Covid , they said it would be $4-5k.

Anyone thinking about a build? two more would make shipping sorta reasonable ~$3k.

Probably a long shot, but worth the ink :)

Thx
Keith

Edit: I’m also looking at ideas like uhaul and a POD

Shipping is indeed a bit crazy right now. Mostly because there are virtually no passenger airplanes transporting goods. Almost everything goes by container. Therefore there is shortage of containers AND price gauging from shipping companies. We have done many shared shipments. It's a great way to split cost! Would love to make this work for you.
Btw, we see the arrangement of the sea freight as an added service and DO NOT mark up the numbers. Whatever we are getting charged is past on to the customer.

Cheers

ripperj

Explorer
Article on shipping issues and container shortage

Last edited:

Victorian

Arrival on shipping issues and container shortage

That is what's happening.

Craig_C

I sent Andreas a message through his site, but figured I’d post here quick. I’m a teacher with a CDL, and I would be willing to rent a truck to deliver 5 or more flat packed box kits. I figure as an individual I could do it cheaper. Hopefully there is enough interest and the problem isn’t just getting it from China. Right now I can’t afford my own box, but my if I could save on shipping maybe I could convince my wife.

ripperj

Explorer
Thanks for the offer, I have not heard of anyone looking to ship to the East Coast, one person needed one in the South West.
Part of the problem was obtaining the container itself, but a big box truck would work too.

At this point I’m probably just going to buy a truck camper.

Thanks again for the offer
Keith

Victorian

Just got word from our broker that container shipping should soon go back to normal as containers are being returned to China again. The demand is still high as consumers are still outfitting their home office with furniture and sports equipments. The rv industry is also buying everything available to keep their production going. Overall, still huge demands but it looks like it will be easing off a bit.

ripperj

Explorer
That’s good news.

I saw recently that you now have a distributor on the east Coast? Montreal?

How will that effect shipping prices to those of us on the East Coast? Do we still cover the cost of getting from the west?

Thank you

Victorian

That’s good news.

I saw recently that you now have a distributor on the east Coast? Montreal?

How will that effect shipping prices to those of us on the East Coast? Do we still cover the cost of getting from the west?

Thank you

We have a supply chain set up from Europe for the slide in campers. These will be shipped, assembled and sold through our commercial partners.
The custom expedition truck bodies will still be shipped through our factory in China.

Both lines will have the exact same materials, benefits and warranties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles