Drone Laws world map and travelling with drones

4x4tripping

Adventurer
dronen-auf-reisen-gesetze-weltkarte-drone%2B-laws-international-worldmap.JPG

Here I did collect information about travelling with drones. About people who got fined, got to jail and the rules.

It helps to be prepared. This Map by visualcapitaslist helps to get an idea about where more preparations is useful.

If you are not on a worldtrip - you will need more preparation. Then the details counts too. That Equador raises a heavy fee is well known, that drones are forbidden at the Galapagos (Equador) or at Machu Picchu (Peru) - such stuff is not shown.

Too such a map will outdate pretty soon, or is already outdated.

Article: Travelling with a Drone

On a worldtrip it is not possible to prepare any country that detailed! Sorry for all who think thats has to be done - we can talk after you did a >10 country and 6 months trip about.

I did too link a video about - why it is beautiful to document your journey too by drone.

There is a translate Button to the right (y)

4x4tripping

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
I'm not familiar with "experimental visual line of sight" - I'd have figured that was one-off kit builds, not commercially available stuff

roving1

Taking a drone into any autocratic regime lead country is mental IMHO regardless of what laws their may or may not be.

4x4tripping

Adventurer
Another french overlander got jailed in 2020 in iran because of using a drone. We Overlander should avoid to fly them there.

Specially if we do carry a passport labeled with one of those (military) actors against the 'axis of e...'

Jailed for 8 Years, 8 Months - that is pretty long term.

trippin

rgallant

Adventurer
Note in Canada you will need to apply for a license to fly. Many Provincial parks as well as large cities are also no fly.

Notably almost all of Vancouver - West and North of the Fraser river

COAKXterra

Since this came up in another thread…

In general in the US,
  • 400ft above ground in uncontrolled airspace altitude limit
  • Visual line of sight
  • Above 400’ or in controlled airspace, must have authorization
  • No national parks, and many state parks restrict/ban
  • Avoid manned aircraft at all times
App to help for recreational flyers

Additional restrictions including markings, remote ID, part107 certification, etc may apply

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles