Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

SoyBoy

Patiently waiting for one to be ready that will fit on our Power Wagon... until then I'll hang here and drool a little?
garrett - What features on the accc makes you like it more than the plethora of truck campers on the market today for full-sized trucks. (BTW I'm not a fan of most truck campers on the market.)

hiker chick

Does anyone know how long the waitlist is for an alucab canopy camper? I'm in the planning phase for my 2019 Tacoma longbed.

I talked to them (OK4WD in New Jersey) in November and the wait list was around 2 months. But they were also expecting a shipment of a few dozen soon so they may have some in stock.

JBinAZ

I talked to them (OK4WD in New Jersey) in November and the wait list was around 2 months. But they were also expecting a shipment of a few dozen soon so they may have some in stock.

Ordered in early Dec and was told 9–12 weeks. I ordered 6’ silver, which is less popular and likely pushed that timeline out.

Wondering what folks have done for back up camera relocate/replacement on 3rd gen Tacoma? I appreciate all the knowledge here and can’t wait to join the club!

colbs

Ordered in early Dec and was told 9–12 weeks. I ordered 6’ silver, which is less popular and likely pushed that timeline out.

Wondering what folks have done for back up camera relocate/replacement on 3rd gen Tacoma? I appreciate all the knowledge here and can’t wait to join the club!

Bought a VanTop camera on Amazon. You can choose to have the live feed from the rear camera at all times. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089SVCW1X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

colbs

Has anyone mounted a hi lift jack on to the rear mole plates?

I have the full spare mounted on the door which does kinda eliminate the usefulness of the passenger side mole, however I suspect I could get a hi lift jack on there somehow.

garrett93

Observer
garrett - What features on the accc makes you like it more than the plethora of truck campers on the market today for full-sized trucks. (BTW I'm not a fan of most truck campers on the market.)
Great question. I still want to retain the use of "most" of my bed. So that really left me looking at GFC, VB, and ACCC (and a few others). The ACCC looks like the best bang for your buck and the modularity was a huge sell for me. I also really like the size and interior design of it. The rear swing door is a great option. From all of my research there is no true solution, only trade offs ;).

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Anyone build out the interior using custom TrekBoxx yet? I really like the finished look. Plus, it seems to have less wasted space than using 80/20.

SoyBoy

Great question. I still want to retain the use of "most" of my bed. So that really left me looking at GFC, VB, and ACCC (and a few others). The ACCC looks like the best bang for your buck and the modularity was a huge sell for me. I also really like the size and interior design of it. The rear swing door is a great option. From all of my research there is no true solution, only trade offs ;).
All of what your said rings true.
I was considering an 80 or 100 series for the longest time with a Campteq popup on it --- till I saw the accc and started looking for a Tacoma the next day! (I have owned a truck camper - hated it)
What I like about the accc
1st on my list would be the popup on the accc - I would not even have considered it without the inside access sleeping area and being able to stand up in it.
2nd the gull-wing doors appear to be so convenient to access stuff when at camp while not having to climb in and out of it & provides a more open space/feel when hanging inside.
3rd huge back door
& 4th Apparently Alu-Cab has great build quality

Everything else is just a bonus and as you said all these sort of things are a compremise.

TheRealMcCoy

Goose Gear Panel Build

Built my Goose Gear Electrical panel and just wanted to share. Putting a instructional post together with measurements and all. Hopefully this will help to shed some light on all the guess work I had to do. There are a few connections that need soldering on the right image. That's why you don't see heat shrink on a few of the connections. I laid the panel out just like Mountain State Overland's panel. Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll try and get the build thread up ASAP!

View attachment 635312View attachment 635311
Hi, did you get the video posted on the specs for your electrical box?

Soooooo I ended buying Rin's ACCC. I normally like building out things myself but I feel truly honored to have his setup. His attention to detail is up there with mine and it was a no brainer for me. We got the ACCC mounted up to the truck today and will be doing the inside build out tomorrow. I guess the drive was worth it from Washington State to New Jersey haha. Always a good time to kick it with Rin and joke around all day. It still hasn't hit me that I have this setup now, I am sure it'll take a few days.

.IMG_4545.jpgIMG_4547.jpgIMG_4546.jpg

Last edited:

blake92242

Hi, did you get the video posted on the specs for your electrical box?
I haven’t gotten the blog post up yet but here are my measurements that I used for the board.

-For the two leads Coming from the 8 switch panel I used 10 gauge wire
-For the solar charge controller I used 10 gauge wire
-For the usbs and 12v outlet I wired them together with 14 gauge wire
-For the temp sensor I wired it separately because blue sea says it needs a 2a in-line fuse and I used 16 gauge wire
-The wire running from the shunt to the negative bus bar is 4 gauge wire with a 1/4 terminal on one end and 3/8 termI always on the other

Hope this helps a little!

Attachments

• 60657420-16BE-452D-B368-1C5FDED57B6C.jpeg
    60657420-16BE-452D-B368-1C5FDED57B6C.jpeg
    419.1 KB · Views: 80

blake92242

Could you show or describe how you tied in the camper wiring harness? Mine came with labeled wires for stalk lights, led lights and 12v outlets that I assume are the positive leads to those as well as two unlabeled wires that I assume are neutrals. However when I wired up to my switch panel accordingly none of those items work, even though my switches show power. I haven't had a chance to trouble shoot yet, but would appreciate you're insight.

Thanks!

What you are saying is all right. Is there any way you can take a picture of the back of the board for me so I’m able to see the wiring? It’s hard to say without looking at it.

blake92242

Picked up my canopy camper from Mule Expedition Outfitters in Oregon and all I have to say is wow. It completely exceeded my expectations. Once you get one you’re already thinking of the next thing your going to do to it. Whether that be adding a fireplace, goose gear cabinets, etc. If you have any doubts just push those aside and go buy one. I hadn’t seen one in person until one was sitting on my truck. All I have to say is it completely changes the look of the truck. Here’s a picture I took after picking it up!

2650A334-BB13-406C-B894-A6C8DD0049D8.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles