Switching my life to "not Jeans". Can I get some recomendations for good NON JEANS

jadmt

ignore button user
I too went through this experience. Earlier this year (2020) I decided to "invest" in a Kuhl wardrobe for the upcoming travel and event season (prior to the covid shutdown.....) I purchased 4 pairs of Kuhl pants for under $400. Loved em....loved the fit.....loved the look.....washed em once and the snap closure on all the pants wouldn't stay closed. Sure, I could have fiddled with it to get it to work but that didn't make sense on $95.00 pants. Took the pants back for a refund and the store manager commented that the snap failure was a common problem......I even wrote Kuhl about the issue......negative response. So, I guess I'm just not kuhl enough for Kuhl gear.

Still looking for the perfect living, travel pants.

funny because I have several pairs of Kuhl shorts and the snaps sux. poorest design for a pair of pants or shorts. Love the material but not the snaps.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
My local outdoor store sells a lot of Kuhl stuff and I’ve bought some. I agree the snaps are weak. I plan to figure out a fix. I think a well placed light ********** with a hammer should do it. Meanwhile I will just keep my belt tight.

Alan

Note the word censored by ExPo was “s m a c k”. What the heck is offensive about that???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
I also favor 5.11 pants, especially the Fast-Tac Urban Pant: https://www.511tactical.com/urban-fast-tac.html. These are extremely durable, but low-profile enough that I wear them in my job in an elementary school and they blend right in. Also, as far as jeans go, the 5.11 ones are very comfy because they stretch. They feel like sweat pants.

x2 for 5.11’s.

I pack much lighter now that I have a pair. This summer, we were out on camping trip exploring the backroads of the Northern Rockies and the Great Plains for about 6 weeks, I wore these almost every day and only had to wash them two time (and the second time probably wasn’t really necessary). These pants have well reinforced pockets in all of the right places, are very comfortable, very tough, and seem to actually repel dirt and stink! They are well work the extra bucks.

ITTOG

I too went through this experience. Earlier this year (2020) I decided to "invest" in a Kuhl wardrobe for the upcoming travel and event season (prior to the covid shutdown.....) I purchased 4 pairs of Kuhl pants for under $400. Loved em....loved the fit.....loved the look.....washed em once and the snap closure on all the pants wouldn't stay closed. Sure, I could have fiddled with it to get it to work but that didn't make sense on $95.00 pants. Took the pants back for a refund and the store manager commented that the snap failure was a common problem......I even wrote Kuhl about the issue......negative response. So, I guess I'm just not kuhl enough for Kuhl gear.

Still looking for the perfect living, travel pants.
One of many reasons if they cost more than $50 you will be disappointed.

Also, why are all these pants made for women, ie skinny legs?

jadmt

ignore button user
My local outdoor store sells a lot of Kuhl stuff and I’ve bought some. I agree the snaps are weak. I plan to figure out a fix. I think a well placed light ********** with a hammer should do it. Meanwhile I will just keep my belt tight.

Alan

Note the word censored by ExPo was “s m a c k”. What the heck is offensive about that???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know but it has gotten over the top. My uncle's name is **** at least it does not censor my cousin Peter's name.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris

.........LOL.........Ever seen a full grown man in a tacticool Kilt after coming out of the gas house, after PT, in August, in Missouri........It's why cellphone video cameras were invented and the gift that keeps on giving.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
My local outdoor store sells a lot of Kuhl stuff and I’ve bought some. I agree the snaps are weak. I plan to figure out a fix. I think a well placed light ********** with a hammer should do it....Note the word censored by ExPo was “s m a c k”. What the heck is offensive about that???

I’m absolutely gobsmacked to read this!

Must be the AI program running silently 24/7 here thinks it’s a reference to injectable drugs!

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I too have been moving away from wearing jeans in the last year or so.

I recently got a pair of Carhartt pants. I always thought the fabric of their products would be stiff and thick denim... on the contrary they are the most comfortable pants I've ever had. They come in great colors too. I like them so much, I now have 4 pair. They are also fairly inexpensive at around $40 each.

c26-B004NNUW26-2-l.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Carhartt-Wash...l&ie=UTF8&qid=1385237807&sr=1-1&keywords=b324
My friend wears those for his work. They look comfortable and not too baggy without the thousand pocket military/law enforcement look. Jeans are getting old and heavy for me too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles