Schutt Industries - Xventure Owners

jareda80

Picked up a loaded 2017 XV-2 from another member a few months ago and have since added some Black Rhino Arsenals, 35” Ridge Grapplers, a Dometic CFX3 35 fridge, and a custom wrap.

I also found a simple way to quiet down the rack with these little wedges. They work great to keep things quiet when you set up camp or if the rack is in the lowest position they will stay wedged while you are moving.

Loving the trailer so far and looking forward to getting a few winter trips down south.
17D3FE46-FAA2-4A42-B90C-A74471FCB5E7.jpeg
2D5AD854-1A88-410A-89E0-A0239303A1B2.jpeg5A900257-BA6D-4AC4-83F7-B3E225A0BEB8.jpegF748195C-88D8-4C8C-A875-45BA9A5F4906.jpeg

Good looking setup, I had the same shell on my truck, loved those gull wing side windows and so did my dogs. Like I said in a post above it was all destroyed a couple weeks ago when I hit a patch of ice and rolled. I’m anxious to get my XV-3 picked up from Schutt. By April my dogs and I will be living on the road full time. The plan is to travel the back roads of the US and Canada from one remote fly fishing area to the next. I’ve ordered three Battleborn 100 amp hour lithium batteries to replace the AGM that comes with the trailer. I’m also running Dometic, I’ve got the 35 as a freezer and a bigger unit as a fridge. My plan is to stay out two to three weeks between restocking trips to town.
I’ve picked up a 89 Suburban from my mechanic to replace the truck. It has a new engine and is solid mechanically but it’s butt ugly, lol. I’ll start outfitting and upgrading it this week. I’m debating if I should do a build blog on it. I’m also thinking about a blog on the trip.

JamieD

Picked up a loaded 2017 XV-2 from another member a few months ago and have since added some Black Rhino Arsenals, 35” Ridge Grapplers, a Dometic CFX3 35 fridge, and a custom wrap.

I also found a simple way to quiet down the rack with these little wedges. They work great to keep things quiet when you set up camp or if the rack is in the lowest position they will stay wedged while you are moving.

Loving the trailer so far and looking forward to getting a few winter trips down south.
View attachment 633435
View attachment 633432View attachment 633433View attachment 633434
That is awesome. How does she tow. I am really debating the XV-2 vs the little smaller VX-3. We have a diesel JLUR wrangler and either should tow fine. We want to do more off the beaten path adventures and the 350 pound increase in weight on some greasy trials or inclines could make a big difference (or its in my head that way). Any thoughts?

JamieD
www.wolfprecision.net

Hopefully you can get out to get her soon, safely. Did they send any pictures of you completed rig you would want to share?

Merry Christmas
JamieD
www.wolfprecision.net
No photos of the trailer, I didn’t think to have Tim send me some. I got it wraped in the matte black. The suburban is already equipped for towing but I’m having the towing brake controller upgraded to a Redarc. I’m thinking I’ll head to Wisconsin to pick it up the first of March.

jareda80

Good looking setup, I had the same shell on my truck, loved those gull wing side windows and so did my dogs. Like I said in a post above it was all destroyed a couple weeks ago when I hit a patch of ice and rolled. I’m anxious to get my XV-3 picked up from Schutt. By April my dogs and I will be living on the road full time. The plan is to travel the back roads of the US and Canada from one remote fly fishing area to the next. I’ve ordered three Battleborn 100 amp hour lithium batteries to replace the AGM that comes with the trailer. I’m also running Dometic, I’ve got the 35 as a freezer and a bigger unit as a fridge. My plan is to stay out two to three weeks between restocking trips to town.
I’ve picked up a 89 Suburban from my mechanic to replace the truck. It has a new engine and is solid mechanically but it’s butt ugly, lol. I’ll start outfitting and upgrading it this week. I’m debating if I should do a build blog on it. I’m also thinking about a blog on the trip.

Sorry to hear about your rig. Hopefully you can get the Suburban all outfitted how you want it.

I really like the ARE shell, very useful with the two gull wing windows. I also run an ARB 82Q in the truck so the Dometic is for a freezer, drinks, etc. I need to add a portable solar panel for the trailer but think the two AGMs will do me fine for 2-5 day trips.

jareda80

That is awesome. How does she tow. I am really debating the XV-2 vs the little smaller VX-3. We have a diesel JLUR wrangler and either should tow fine. We want to do more off the beaten path adventures and the 350 pound increase in weight on some greasy trials or inclines could make a big difference (or its in my head that way). Any thoughts?

JamieD
www.wolfprecision.net

The trailer tows great but the PW is obviously overkill for it. I think your Jeep would tow an XV-2 just fine as long as you aren’t loading it down to the full 3500 weight rating. If you don’t need the space of the XV-2 then the XV-3 is perfect, we just need the extra room for dirt bikes, ATV, etc.

Superpanga

Looking at pulling the trigger on an XV3 and wanted to see if there is anything anyone here would have configured differently, wished they had added/didnt do, or added/removed later?

I am planning on moving my Eezi-Awn RTT from the Jeep, mount a 270 awning, with a galley, water heater, inverter/solar and thinking the larger nosebox is the way.

My XV-3 is sitting at Schutt waiting for me to pick it up. One change I’ve already planned is pulling the AGM batteries and installing three Battleborn lithium 100’s. I also have an ARB high performance compressor I’m installing. I’ve got some customization ideas but can’t plan them out until I have the trailer in hand. I’m going to head east to pick it up the first week or two of March, or whenever I can be sure winter road conditions are over. I sleep in my suburban so I passed on RTT but got the Rhino rack, I also went with the 270 awning. I skipped the galley but kept the large nose box for more battery storage. I also went with water tank and heater. I stay out for long stretches so I run two Dometic coolers, one as a fridge the second as a freezer. This is the main reason for the large battery capacity. I want to be able to keep functioning if I hit three or four days with out being able to solar recharge.

Aspec44

Looking at pulling the trigger on an XV3 and wanted to see if there is anything anyone here would have configured differently, wished they had added/didnt do, or added/removed later?

I am planning on moving my Eezi-Awn RTT from the Jeep, mount a 270 awning, with a galley, water heater, inverter/solar and thinking the larger nosebox is the way.
We mounted a 270 awning on our XV3 and realized when open the interior height is 70 inches so needed to order the brackets that raise it up 6 inches above the Pioneer rack. We also had the basic lighting kit installed at the shop, but soon realized we wanted to expanded lighting kit and if ordering again would have had it from day one.

Superpanga

We mounted a 270 awning on our XV3 and realized when open the interior height is 70 inches so needed to order the brackets that raise it up 6 inches above the Pioneer rack. We also had the basic lighting kit installed at the shop, but soon realized we wanted to expanded lighting kit and if ordering again would have had it from day one.

Thanks for the feedback. I am especially interested in notes like re: the expanded lighting as I want to start with a nice clean build! Do you have a fridge/slide in the cargo? Trying to see what the max height that fits under the cover is / what size fridge fits (w/slider)

Redpony

Thanks for the feedback. I am especially interested in notes like re: the expanded lighting as I want to start with a nice clean build! Do you have a fridge/slide in the cargo? Trying to see what the max height that fits under the cover is / what size fridge fits (w/slider)
I have the ARB Elements fridge and slide in the bed of my XV3. It fits perfectly.

Aspec44

I have an ARB fridge in the back of my 4Runner and depending on the situation will haul a Yeti 65 in the trailer. I can measure the interior height with cover on this afternoon, but I can tell you the Yeti is 16in and has another few inches of clearance. If you are going to have a galley or prepare food around the trailer the expanded lighting kit is a must have. I'll also mention whether you have it added at the factory or add aftermarket be sure to get a dual battery setup, when using all the lighting plus water pump you'll be thankful to have the extra Amps. One more thing I would recommend is getting an extra quick-fit connector for the water hookup. We don't use the heated shower all that much, but we put together a kitchen sprayer on a 15ft food grade hose so we could have on-demand water for cleaning, cooking or anything else we needed it for and at first we would have to rob the connector from the shower kit so it makes sense to get an extra upfront and it's only around $10.

Superpanga

I have an ARB fridge in the back of my 4Runner and depending on the situation will haul a Yeti 65 in the trailer. I can measure the interior height with cover on this afternoon, but I can tell you the Yeti is 16in and has another few inches of clearance. If you are going to have a galley or prepare food around the trailer the expanded lighting kit is a must have. I'll also mention whether you have it added at the factory or add aftermarket be sure to get a dual battery setup, when using all the lighting plus water pump you'll be thankful to have the extra Amps. One more thing I would recommend is getting an extra quick-fit connector for the water hookup. We don't use the heated shower all that much, but we put together a kitchen sprayer on a 15ft food grade hose so we could have on-demand water for cleaning, cooking or anything else we needed it for and at first we would have to rob the connector from the shower kit so it makes sense to get an extra upfront and it's only around $10.

Great suggestions- thanks! Definitely going for dual battery- I have camera gear to charge, etc. Also I am considering installing a diesel heater with a duct to the RTT- Northeast seasons are too short! I have an all-in-one that I have been playing with and may just move it over.

Last edited:
This thread is awesome! So much valuable info. Ive been looking for an Xventure XV2 or 3 within my budget for awhile now. I missed out on a super clean, well equipt XV2 last spring for $10,000 that I'm seriously kicking myself for. Total bummer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles