GFC Camper Reservation March 21—sold

MrElkHunter84

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately I need to sell my reservation. GFC mailed me the options in the middle of Nov and it has a start date of March. It is a standard $500 reservation, but can be applied for any vehicle as no options have been selected. I would like to get $900 for it. I will contact GFC with the buyers email attached to confirm the details prior to the transaction, so that both parties are protected. Cheers!

MrElkHunter84

$900 for a $500 reservation spot? Is that what you're offering?

If you don’t like the price, then move on. Some don’t want to wait 6 plus months to get a camper. With this reservation you would have one for the summer. Is that okay with you?

Last edited:
Great first couple of posts.

Looking out for others by taking a build spot to resell later at almost double the price seems like you should last a long time in the community. Hopefully you have more to add than this.

This should go over well especially with the latest thread about GFC's "rip off" cancellation policy and them not being able to deliver and pushing delivery multiple times.

MrElkHunter84

Great first couple of posts.

Looking out for others by taking a build spot to resell later at almost double the price seems like you should last a long time in the community. Hopefully you have more to add than this.

This should go over well especially with the latest thread about GFC's "rip off" cancellation policy and them not being able to deliver and pushing delivery multiple times.

That’s one way to look at it. The other way to look at it is that I am doing someone a favor by enabling a person to jump ahead and been able to use a camper throughout the summer of 21. I really can’t believe how petty some of you are. Is $400 that much to you? I have seen other people sell them for the same price on here. If you don’t like it, then you should move on. Let the marketplace decide what is fair or not fair.

Lol is that thread suppose to mean something? The OP could have sold whatever he had and made his money back instead of doing what he did. Also, I would be cautious to judge the story because there are two sides to every story. Moreover, the people that piled on ripping GFC sound like a bunch of haters—not uncommon when you have success.

MrElkHunter84

Hopefully it wont be long before GFC and manufacturers catch on and make these non transferable.

And why should they do that? I didn’t know its a sin to sell something for a small profit.

Anybody else what pile on? It’s been a long year for everyone, so go ahead and unload on this thread why don’t you. I have lurked on this forum for many years and never seen people act so petty. Again, if my pricing is off, then let the market decide.

And why should they do that? I didn’t know its a sin to sell something for a small profit.

Anybody else what pile on? It’s been a long year for everyone, so go ahead and unload on this thread why don’t you. I have lurked on this forum for many years and never seen people act so petty. Again, if my pricing is off, then let the market decide.

because you arent actually selling anything.

if this continued then people could buy up a ton of presale spots. hold them. then resell for profit.

thus making the affordability of the campers even less.

which yes fine, "supply and demand". but marketing wise not a good look for a company

MrElkHunter84

because you arent actually selling anything.

if this continued then people could buy up a ton of presale spots. hold them. then resell for profit.

thus making the affordability of the campers even less.

which yes fine, "supply and demand". but marketing wise not a good look for a company

Do you honestly think GFC is going to allow someone buy 10 camper spots and sell them? Yea, I don’t think so.

Your acting like cancel culture: because I don’t like what your doing, therefore it should be stopped. I am a firm believer in allowing the market to regulate itself. That’s why the OP in the thread noted above could have easily sold whatever he had. GFC is extremely accommodating and give its customers autonomy to make decisions for themselves.

Do you honestly think GFC is going to allow someone buy 10 camper spots and sell them? Yea, I don’t think so.

Your acting like cancel culture: because I don’t like what your doing, therefore it should be stopped. I am a firm believer in allowing the market to regulate itself. That’s why the OP in the thread noted above could have easily sold whatever he had. GFC is extremely accommodating and give its customers autonomy to make decisions for themselves.
Thinks the market should regulate itself but doesn’t think the supplier should allow someone to buy as many as they like. Interesting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles