Go Fast Campers ripoff

CodyY

Explorer
Cody, this is very uncalled for. To state OP was "whining" (which I don't think he was doing) over $200 is totally missing the point and being unnecessarily argumentative on board that is typically civil. Regardless if the $200 means little or a lot to OP, it makes no difference.

I haven't seen contract but I bet it had delivery date or timeframe, once it was missed contract is off, now refund money. He chose to allow 2 month delay (which tells me he did have delivery date or timeframe - verbal or in writing) and they broke the contract by asking for not one but two delays. The builder is not entitled to unlimited delays.....
Oh no, he's absolutely whining.

Get on the phone with someone in management and handle your business like a grown man.

How you, or I, or GFC handles their cancelation policy is each individual's business. Calling them a ripoff over a cancelation charge of, ~3% is childish. I've had months of ETA pushbacks from Fox, King, Dobinsons, ARB, Bilstien, Icon, Toyota OEM, GM, ..... all year.

This is a WANT item, 100% want. For a toy vehicle. Get a little reality check here. Its not like the heater went out or his kids are starving. Crap happens, and its ok to be disappointed but pitching a fit because your toy is late due to global supply problems is peak Karen with a side of weak sauce

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

CodyY

Explorer
It's no bigger than any other RTT out there you pay to have shipped, not like it's being delivered on a golden chariot by angels, and installed. Let's be realistic.
Only in the interest of being correct: it seems the "white glove delivery" is where they bring it to YOU and install it in person.
Not "boxed up and thrown on Old Dominion"

gabrielef

Whining or not, I’m glad the OP highlighted his experience. IMO opinion it’s no different than a Yelp or Google review. Under the extenuating circumstances, he didn’t feel that it was just, and THAT is the true issue here. It was shortsighted of GFC not to realize that. Lack of empathy is seriously the worst.

Assuming we have all the facts of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superduty

Adventurer
I only have the details posted up by OP.

It seems that GFC was supposed to deliver a product on a particular date They didn't. They were then given a 2-month extension by OP. They again didn't deliver the product. At That point they have breached the contract they had with the OP.

It's absurd to think that OP is still bound by the contract but GFC can do whatever they want.

I am dumbfounded how anyone could defend GFC based on the facts we have so far in this thread.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

gabrielef

I only have the details posted up by OP.

It seems that GFC was supposed to deliver a product on a particular date They didn't. They were then given a 2-month extension by OP. They again didn't deliver the product. At That point they have breached the contract they had with the OP.

It's absurd to think that OP is still bound by the contract but GFC can do whatever they want.

I am dumbfounded how anyone could defend GFC based on the facts we have so far in this thread.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

This guy gets it. It’s really not that complicated.

carlpb

Personally I think they're way overpriced and I wouldn't pay that much for what you get. And I build this stuff for a living, so I know what all is involved.
Since you are complaining about the company even as you defend it for being condemned for its customer service, and since you "build this stuff", perhaps you can share your business name so the consumer can decide if they like your approach and want to do business with you. ?

CodyY

Explorer
Since you are complaining about the company even as you defend it for being condemned for its customer service, and since you "build this stuff", perhaps you can share your business name so the consumer can decide if they like your approach and want to do business with you.
www.codycrafted.com

Not a competitor to GFC, but I'm in the "overland" space.

I'm not necessarily defending GFC. As a small business owner I'm defending a small business' right to stick by their policies and pointing out the fact that people whine in the internet when they could simply contact the company and deal with such things professionally and privately. You'll notice the OP hasn't bothered to check back with us for more details or follow up. Dude has a whopping 15 posts in a year. It's a drive-by trolling and deserves attention as such.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Seems pretty straightforward to me
I'm in the custom auto business and everything is delayed due to covid and related shenanigans. "They" aren't delaying you, its global sourcing and supply chain.

But by all means, please torch a business on the internet instead of dealing with them directly.

e4d16c20069666305fb4479d1daf31b6.jpg
2d49f7064226181e12d4af92beba82b9.jpg

Maybe he attempted to deal with them directly? How do we know that wasn't the case?

Absolutely go online and be loud. Let others be aware of your experience. Sometimes that's the only way to get results from a company.

gabrielef

www.codycrafted.com

Not a competitor to GFC, but I'm in the "overland" space.

I'm not necessarily defending GFC. As a small business owner I'm defending a small business' right to stick by their policies and pointing out the fact that people whine in the internet when they could simply contact the company and deal with such things professionally and privately. You'll notice the OP hasn't bothered to check back with us for more details or follow up. Dude has a whopping 15 posts in a year. It's a drive-by trolling and deserves attention as such.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Your stuff looks rad. I’d love a workbench like the one you fabbed.

gabrielef

Thanks.

I fully realize I'm on a soapbox about this. Cancel Culture just really gets me riled up

I hate the cancel culture as much as the next guy, I hadn’t considered the OP was in line with that. And I’d submit there’s probably a difference between social and commercial contexts. Commercial cancel culture has been around forever lol.

CodyY

Explorer
Really? I think it's great. Seriously.

It's one of the only ways that people have to influence larger entities. For about 90% of it, I don't see any difference between it and a boycott or strike.
Ok, n00b.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles