Go Fast Campers ripoff

jadmt

ignore button user
gfc turned me off when I emailed and wanted to look at one of their campers before committing (they are 220 miles away from me) and they said they did not know if they would have one or if anyone would be around to talk to me. Seem like they just want to have fun lol. My buddy has tried calling them and has left a couple of messages and they have not called back.

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
With business practes like McCarthy's business, this is a business that will be around for a long time. The dishonest people may make quick money in the short run, but in the long run they are gone. I wish you the best of luck with the supplys and that you will come out good in the long run.

Thank you!!!!!!

sn_85

Observer
Glad to see your business hasn't been affected by the big Rona. Must be nice.

Like I said: burn companies online instead of dealing directly with management. Real grown up of people.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

GFC has a waitlist of 12+ months and continually release new products. They may have some delays due in productions due to materials but their business has hardly been affected by Corona. If anything I bet that waitlist has gotten even larger with all the outdoor products being sold. Any GFC reservation spot listed on here lasts for about 48 hours before its gone. They aren't hurting for money here and the OP could have just sold his reservation spot and not lost any money.

I don't see a problem with him ripping GFC online. I'm pretty sure he already argued with them about the restocking fee and they told him he's SOL. If you can recall GFC was very active on this very forum in advertising their camper during the prototype phase. They were very active on Tacomaworld as well. Then when it went to production and problems started to arise like leaky campers and failed hinges they all but disappeared from the forums. Where are they now on Expo? They have a huge social media presence on IG and market the crap out of it through online avenues. So if OP wants to get their attention and rip them online then it's kind of fair since they did and do almost all their advertising online.

In the real world people have deadlines, due dates and expectations. GFC failed to live up to the delivery date expectation. The OP doesn't have time to wait an additional 4+ months on something that already takes 12 months to get in line for. That's a lot of missed time and missed trips.

laxtoy

Adventurer
Sounds absolutely shisety. As a business owner, I don’t think I’d be able to sleep at night if I ripped off my customers to the same effect, regardless of the legality of it. Regardless of the era we live in, there’s still something called ethics and not delivering a product in a specified timeframe should constitute a breach of contract and should at the very least enable the purchaser the ability in good faith to receive a full refund.

Personally I appreciate the op telling his story. Screw that company, they’re not getting my business.

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
^ The hilarious thing is blaming rona and everything else for the problems, the consumer 1) Doesn't care what the problem is, 2) shouldn't have to care what the problem is, and 3) is paying YOU (by you I mean Go fast in this case) to solve a problem for the consumer. It doesn't matter if rona is causing the problem, or if bob over in production let the resin cure too long before he applied it and ruined a bunch of product, it's up to the company to provide the product, or a refund. Simple as that.

CodyY

Explorer
You can’t restock something that isn’t in stock to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Call it "restocking" call it "cancelation", call it consequences to prevent tire kickers, or whatever you want.

Regardless of your personal feelings, the policy is clearly defined as part of the ordering process. I'm not saying its right, I don't have a dog in the fight, but if you can afford what is essentially a $6000 tent, get outta here with the whining over $200 for cancelation.

Personally I think they're way overpriced and I wouldn't pay that much for what you get. And I build this stuff for a living, so I know what all is involved.

gabrielef

Call it "restocking" call it "cancelation", call it consequences to prevent tire kickers, or whatever you want.

Regardless of your personal feelings, the policy is clearly defined as part of the ordering process. I'm not saying its right, I don't have a dog in the fight, but if you can afford what is essentially a $6000 tent, get outta here with the whining over $200 for cancelation.

Personally I think they're way overpriced and I wouldn't pay that much for what you get. And I build this stuff for a living, so I know what all is involved.

The letter of the law may say that, but after two delays, extending a BS restocking fee when there’s nothing to restock is ridiculous. My family runs several businesses and that is not customer service. OBVIOUSLY had these demanding market conditions been different, he wouldnt have a leg to stand on, but who’s going to defend GFC???

The letter of the law may say that, but after two delays, extending a BS restocking fee when there’s nothing to restock is ridiculous. My family runs several businesses and that is not customer service. OBVIOUSLY had these demanding market conditions been different, he wouldnt have a leg to stand on, but who’s going to defend GFC???

I will defend them, from an academic perspective.

Who says they need to provide customer service? Why is that a requirement? If they have a 12-month waitlist then they can do whatever they want. Market theory would indicate that they can provide even worse customer service AND raise prices until they have a three month waitlist. The rules in free market capitalism are, rather brutally, whatever the market will tolerate.

And by the same token the OP should be burning the place down online everywhere he can, as often as he can. I might even take out $100 worth of ads in order to provide additional pressure with the aim of obtaining relief from GFC. Every site where he can review. And coming back to it to keep it fresh. As is his duty in the libertarian utopia.

Not that I really want to live in a world like that, but to deny we do is foolishness.

moose545

Wait a sec... I thought I remember reading they were all American made here in the states? Maybe I'm off there. I tell you one thing though, their shipping rates are laughable; $750-1200 to $850-$1500 on the East coast!? Not sure ****** camper count means, but certainly not worth more money. Not sure why it would cost so much to ship a 130lb tent from Montana when I get quoted $450 tops to have a 220lb tent shipped from Texas to Virginia.

The Artisan

Adventurer
I do custom automotive upholstery and restorations. I have had some supplier issues on materials as well. I book out months out in advance and always take deposits.
I always offer a full refund if the customer requests it. As people have stated, with gfc backlog how can you charge a restocking fee if there is nothing to restock?‍♂️
They should change that policy for now due to the pandemic, imo. This has been tough times for a lot of people
Kevin

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
but if you can afford what is essentially a $6000 tent, get outta here with the whining over $200 for cancelation.

Cody, this is very uncalled for. To state OP was "whining" (which I don't think he was doing) over $200 is totally missing the point and being unnecessarily argumentative on board that is typically civil. Regardless if the $200 means little or a lot to OP, it makes no difference.

I haven't seen contract but I bet it had delivery date or timeframe, once it was missed contract is off, now refund money. He chose to allow 2 month delay (which tells me he did have delivery date or timeframe - verbal or in writing) and they broke the contract by asking for not one but two delays. The builder is not entitled to unlimited delays.....

CodyY

Explorer
Wait a sec... I thought I remember reading they were all American made here in the states? Maybe I'm off there. I tell you one thing though, their shipping rates are laughable; $750-1200 to $850-$1500 on the East coast!? Not sure ****** camper count means, but certainly not worth more money. Not sure why it would cost so much to ship a 130lb tent from Montana when I get quoted $450 tops to have a 220lb tent shipped from Texas to Virginia.
Because its not a 4x4x18 RTT. Its like10 feet long and 4 feet high.

Again, I have ZERO ties to the company.

moose545

Because its not a 4x4x18 RTT. Its like10 feet long and 4 feet high.

Again, I have ZERO ties to the company.

It's no bigger than any other RTT out there you pay to have shipped, not like it's being delivered on a golden chariot by angels, and installed. Let's be realistic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne