2019 G550 Overland Build - Completed w/ Pics

jeev

Hey man love the ride I was wanting to do the same lift and size tires. I was wondering if you had any rubbing from the 33 inch tires?

Originally there was a little bit when I reversed with the steering wheel turned fully to the right. We fixed that w/o having to cut into the wells. Occasionaly when the front wheels are articulated at a particular angle, there is a little rub but it doesn't really bother me. Side Note: I have H&R Spacers (30mm) and the offset on my wheels is +35. I would imagine you could eliminate the rub altogether with a different offset.

mightymo

Observer
Good information and clean ride. I have 33s, and experience a bit of rub. I was wondering if the 30mm spacers would help alleviate that. Seems like it helped?

jeev

Good information and clean ride. I have 33s, and experience a bit of rub. I was wondering if the 30mm spacers would help alleviate that. Seems like it helped?
Honestly I couldn't tell you because I had the 33's and the spacers put on at the same time.

38snubby

IMHO I probably wouldn't run 20" rims on an overland build. Not a lot to work with if you air down or need to use that sidewall.

I agree with you, and I am thinking of buying a G550 but I would want to downsize to an 18" wheel if I did. It would be nice if there was a nice set of icon wheels that could fit this vehicle.

jeev

I agree with you, and I am thinking of buying a G550 but I would want to downsize to an 18" wheel if I did. It would be nice if there was a nice set of icon wheels that could fit this vehicle.

My G550 is also my daily driver which is why I have the larger rims. Plus, I am more of a "weekend overlander" so I've never needed anything more than a jack, a tire repair kit, and/or a spare. That said, if you're going to take on trails where you're going to be back country for days or weeks at a time and your vehicle is the only thing you're relying on, I'd recommend 16" to 18" beadlocks. A good option in 16" are Hutchinson Rock Monster 1873 or the Rock Monster 2059 if you want 18's.

Unrelated: So I finished doing all the upgrades to my G-Wagen. What's the general rule of thumb in this situation............create a new post or just adding final pictures to this thread?
post?

jeev

Here is the finished product. Additions and modifications listed below.

• 2019 Mercedes G550
    • Purchased new January 2019
    • Selenite Grey
  • Lift Kit
    • 50mm
    • Coil Spring only
  • Rear Spare Tire
    • Full size spare
    • To fit on the stock spare tire mount, I had to have an adapter machined which has caused another problem
  • Wheels & Tires
    • Black Rhino Trabuco Wheels
      • Matte Black Finish
      • Size 20 x 10
    • Nitto Ridge Grappler Tires
      • Size 33 x 12.50R20
    • H&R Spacers
      • 30mm
  • Front Runner W463 Regular Rack
  • Front Runner Expedition Rail Kit
  • Front Runner Wind Fairing
  • Front Runner Rack Accessories
    • Axe Bracket
    • Hi Lift Jack Bracket
    • Shovel Mount
    • Maxtrax Mounts
  • Rotopax 1.75 Gallon Mounting Kit & Jerry Cans x 2
  • 50" Rigid Midnight E Series LED bar
  • Warn Zeon 10-S Winch
  • LeTech Winch Mounting Kit
  • LeTech Front Skid Plate
2019 Mercedes G550 (33).jpg2019 Mercedes G550 (32).jpg2019 Mercedes G550 (28).jpg2019 Mercedes G550 (30).jpg2019 Mercedes G550 (31).jpg

38snubby

My G550 is also my daily driver which is why I have the larger rims. Plus, I am more of a "weekend overlander" so I've never needed anything more than a jack, a tire repair kit, and/or a spare. That said, if you're going to take on trails where you're going to be back country for days or weeks at a time and your vehicle is the only thing you're relying on, I'd recommend 16" to 18" beadlocks. A good option in 16" are Hutchinson Rock Monster 1873 or the Rock Monster 2059 if you want 18's.

Unrelated: So I finished doing all the upgrades to my G-Wagen. What's the general rule of thumb in this situation............create a new post or just adding final pictures to this thread?
post?

Thanks for the info. Your rig looks great. I love that front winch bumper.

Mj_n_az

Another good place besides ORC is GFG (GFG-shop.de). They have ton of cool items I’ve gotten for mine.

Attachments

• 5B111C83-BC05-4D05-B2AF-DCD613244160.jpeg
    5B111C83-BC05-4D05-B2AF-DCD613244160.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_6153.mp4
    2.3 MB
  • 4E0D7732-529B-4EAA-A329-610568A0B7C6.jpeg
    4E0D7732-529B-4EAA-A329-610568A0B7C6.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 113

harto

Hey Jeev - could you tell me about the install for the winch? Looks like it required cutting up the front bumper? Do you have install instructions you could share? I'm trying to eval if I want to tackle it myself or do it through a shop.

Speedkills

Not sure if gfg.de is even still around, they have money of mine for products they haven't delivered in over a year and I haven't even been able to get a response from them in 3 months now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles