Help...want USB charging hub for dash tray area

zgfiredude

I have spent the better part of the day looking and I can't find what I'm looking for...
I would like a three or four port USB charging dock (pre-made ideally) to mount up in the dash tray. I want to eliminate a bunch of cords dangling off the dash. In my perfect world I could hardwire it IN the dash vs. power it from the cig lighter plug... is there any kind of clean solution to multiple ports for up there?

86scotty

Cynic
I drilled a half inch hole in the side of my dash tray and ran a couple of cords behind the dash. I'm pretty sure I hard wired in but it's possible I just ran them out to the plugs below. Either way, nice and clean. That little hole in the side of the tray is not really even visible from the seats.

zgfiredude

I drilled a half inch hole in the side of my dash tray and ran a couple of cords behind the dash. I'm pretty sure I hard wired in but it's possible I just ran them out to the plugs below. Either way, nice and clean. That little hole in the side of the tray is not really even visible from the seats.
I'm looking at that as a possibility as well, thanks.

mhm

Another possible solution, but more expensive would be these from powerwerx

Marc

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

akpostal

Adventurer
I wired a 2 port USB where the cig lighter was and tapped off those wires to add 2 more ports to the left of the tray on the dash. Once you get the dash apart its pretty easy.

zgfiredude

Great info! Thanks.....I'll do some measuring, etc. But leaning towards powering one of the Powerwerx pods (filled with USB's of some sort) via a Mopar aux power harness from in the dash. I'm thinking about a 3 pod if it will fit, and I can use one port to switch the USBs....but that may be redundant if the acc harness is switched.

zgfiredude

Decision made!

I'm going to power via an accessory harness up to the dash tray and use the Powerwerx 2 pod housing with two double USB ports. I have measured as best I can and feel like I'll clear the rest of what I have in mind with no issues. I "think" that I am going with a Vector Off Road Edock bar for mounting things...it will be the one with out the hoop as I have the Alpine Restyled head unit that changes some upper dash bits...I can't use the hooped model as a result.

Harness going in tomorrow and I will order the housing and ports as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThePartyWagon

We sell a lot of electrical components as well. Some are probably duplicates of what has already been posted.

harpersJK

I have spent the better part of the day looking and I can't find what I'm looking for...
I would like a three or four port USB charging dock (pre-made ideally) to mount up in the dash tray. I want to eliminate a bunch of cords dangling off the dash. In my perfect world I could hardwire it IN the dash vs. power it from the cig lighter plug... is there any kind of clean solution to multiple ports for up there?

I ended up making some custom pods towards the front of the tray with some blue sea usb ports, worked out nicely.

Randy
Instagram: overland_rubi

Attachments

• 20200216_191205.jpg
    20200216_191205.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles