E350 Chinook Build

willywalderbeast

Master of None
Now that you've used your truck for a while, I'm wondering how you like the weldtech rear springs on your truck. I am finally able to start work on my truck and next year will be lifting mine and wanted to get your opinion of them.

To be honest I’m not sure. I like them but what Weldtech is charging for them seems high. Met up with a guy who reached out while I was in CO to see the rig and he agreed. I don’t believe there is anything too special about the rear leaf pack they use. Buy direct from a spring shop and save big. Not to mention mine are not rated correctly and I’m now looking at add a leaf options or bags. In Jeremeys defense I didn’t have the swing out bumper on the back at the time of install but I did tell him my plans and ask him to add 500lbs to the rear to compensate for the added weight I planed on having on the rear.

To be clear, I’m sure you’ll be happy if you go the Weldtech route. But you can probably save money if you just sourced the spring yourself ??

cabnetguy

Thanks for the feedback. I was kind of thinking along those lines myself. I have followed your build from the start and think your rig is pretty cool. I stole your idea with the dodge wheels only I had the fronts widened to 8 inches and the back widened to 7. Thanks for the inspiration!

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
We love it! Any suggestions while we’re here?
Its pretty quiet around here with the covid-19, not many things going on. If you weren't at Guido's Pizza (sipping rootbeers?) a block from where you were parked you should stop there for a slice and a beer.
If you are planning to be in the area a while, I recommend the HWY55, Banks, Garden Valley, Lowman, HWY 21, Idaho City loop, or if you haven't been to the Sawtooth's turn left in Lowman and include Stanley, Redfish Lake, and Sun Valley. Guaranteed to be stunning.
I can recommend numerous camp spots in the area.
Hot springs are all shut down in that area through June 30th from what I observed.
In town you might take a look at the Whitewater park, there is a great surf wave there, fun to watch or play. Table rock, Old Pen/Botanical Gardens....

willywalderbeast

Master of None
Its pretty quiet around here with the covid-19, not many things going on. If you weren't at Guido's Pizza (sipping rootbeers?) a block from where you were parked you should stop there for a slice and a beer.
If you are planning to be in the area a while, I recommend the HWY55, Banks, Garden Valley, Lowman, HWY 21, Idaho City loop, or if you haven't been to the Sawtooth's turn left in Lowman and include Stanley, Redfish Lake, and Sun Valley. Guaranteed to be stunning.
I can recommend numerous camp spots in the area.
Hot springs are all shut down in that area through June 30th from what I observed.
In town you might take a look at the Whitewater park, there is a great surf wave there, fun to watch or play. Table rock, Old Pen/Botanical Gardens....

Thanks for the recommendation! Was planning on hitting the whitewater park today, just have to find a surf rental. Everyone keeps telling me about Stanley Idaho so we’ll def head that way eventually. Still trying to track down a copy of ‘ The complete guide to Idaho Hot Spring’ by Doug Roloff.

We’re really enjoying Idaho so far tho, we joked about looking at house while we’re here :unsure:

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
I would try "Corridor" for a board rental just south of the wave.
Not sure if Idaho River Sports has surf boards but they do have other float toys right on the pond 27th st. side.

If you do head to Stanley I would expect the hot springs north of town to be open, like Sunbeam or Mormon Bend. Also worth a trip up the Yankee Fork from Sunbeam to see/tour the gold dredge (if open).
Another springs that was open Memorial weekend was "Baumgartner". Its in a campground but there is dispersed camping nearby.
Its 11 miles east of Featherville on dirt.

eporter

Adventurer
Before you even get to Featherville there are some decent springs road/riverside at Dixie Gulch. Been a few years but that was a great, quick stop. Found a good pool a couple hundred feet downstream of the bridge where water was gushing a out of a culvert. Lots of good hot springs in ID, some are more remote than others. My favorites are on the Middle Fork Salmon, but it takes a couple days of whitewater to get there!
baeae92f1f5de9e1001202af11d2b063.jpg

willywalderbeast

Master of None
I would try "Corridor" for a board rental just south of the wave.
Not sure if Idaho River Sports has surf boards but they do have other float toys right on the pond 27th st. side.

If you do head to Stanley I would expect the hot springs north of town to be open, like Sunbeam or Mormon Bend. Also worth a trip up the Yankee Fork from Sunbeam to see/tour the gold dredge (if open).
Another springs that was open Memorial weekend was "Baumgartner". Its in a campground but there is dispersed camping nearby.
Its 11 miles east of Featherville on dirt.

Went to corridor and just bought a soft top fish. I’ll probably live in this dirt parking lot for a couple week trying to figure this wave out haha. Spent 5hrs in the river so far between yesterday and today!

willywalderbeast

Master of None
Before you even get to Featherville there are some decent springs road/riverside at Dixie Gulch. Been a few years but that was a great, quick stop. Found a good pool a couple hundred feet downstream of the bridge where water was gushing a out of a culvert. Lots of good hot springs in ID, some are more remote than others. My favorites are on the Middle Fork Salmon, but it takes a couple days of whitewater to get there!

Awesome thanks! I actually found a copy of the “Complete guide to Idaho Hot Springs” online and had it shipped to a local shop here. We’ll probably hang in Boise till in comes in then plan our trip around hitting a bunch of hot springs!

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
This is "Bridge" or "Elk Flat" Hot springs,
It appeared to be open Memorial weekend, there were at least 50 people there.
Good intel on the lower culvert though,

eporter

Adventurer
Ah, I could see that place getting packed due to road proximity. We stopped in late afternoon after mountain biking to Skillern hot springs. Skillern was a great spot to hang out at. I bet Instagram has blown up all the cool hot springs spots in Idaho, I know Goldbug is on the IG/vanlife checklist...

YoTerryH

Looks like an old Honda Trail 70? I had one of those growing up and then sold it when I was in high school and used the money to put new wheels on my '72 Firebird. Mine was red, but I like the green! Safe travels to you.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I'd love to hear more about the stove after you've used it for some time. Looks like the propane version?

Thanks for sharing!

Happy tails and Safe travels
Hopefully sent from somewhere pretty and remote.
With my entertainment and navigation multitool.

Contract AEMT, Firefighter, MCPIC,Remote Medic, Safety Manager.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz