New Defender News

I'm getting to be an old person ... I have no idea how that happened.

Our 2008 GTi is the "modern" car ... might not need another new car from here on out :)

Corgi_express

the J Auston Fabrications lifts are subframe lifts, not just lift rods, so they seem much more like the real deal. My question is: does anyone know what they cost? When a company doesn’t list prices on their website I assume it means that whatever they are selling is way too expensive.

DieselRanger

the J Auston Fabrications lifts are subframe lifts, not just lift rods, so they seem much more like the real deal. My question is: does anyone know what they cost? When a company doesn’t list prices on their website I assume it means that whatever they are selling is way too expensive.
If they were actually going to lift without rods, there is a lot more work to do than just adding spacers on the shock mounts - will need new arms, steering linkage extensions, and it will change the spring rate and other performance parameters. Likely not cheap.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
If they were actually going to lift without rods, there is a lot more work to do than just adding spacers on the shock mounts - will need new arms, steering linkage extensions, and it will change the spring rate and other performance parameters. Likely not cheap.
In the past he had built drops for the whole third member and suspension assembly.

Sport on 37's (well 35's)
RRS37.jpg

Last edited:

Corgi_express

That's not how a subframe lift works. It takes all the suspension components and just moves them down. Your geometries and everything stay the same, their attachment points are just "extended" from the body, for lack of a better word.

Red90

Adventurer
Well a little messy but a good example of why Blackberry SOTA has significant value. Hoping they clean this up in a few revs.

Keep in mind that video was only a small part of them trying to update the software. There are two previous videos..... And this guy is the biggest pro Land Rover guy on the planet.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I work in I.T.

I really did not think I would need to also deal with wifi password and software updates in my car.

:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles