ARB Fridge for truck bed

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Yeah, definitely agree that complete submersion is probably not recommended by ARB (that's why I say we "abused" it ?), nor would I recommend it to others. Though the fact that ours is still going strong after years and tens of thousands of miles of less-than-delicate treatment like this definitely speaks to it's quality and ability to put up with harsh environments.

I'm sure it's happy to be back inside the bed of our truck though, now that we have the GFC on :LOL:.
The fridge seems to do well on that rear rack mount but don't go strapping the Mrs on the back, They get a bit emotionally unstable about that sort of thing ? ??(y)

My ARB 47L/ 50Qt will be 5 years old in March and it has been running 24/7, Both of my ARB's are full of frozen food because of the lockdown, I can't be bothered keep going out shopping So I am set until next summer, (y)(y)

dmulk

The non-Element ARB fridges are not meant to be exposed to the elements, and my guess is that one of those in a truck bed will crap out in no time at all. Get the 63QT Elements - I've seen it first hand and it's a great product.

And then there's this guy... ????

WOODY2

Adventurer
The fridge seems to do well on that rear rack mount but don't go strapping the Mrs on the back, They get a bit emotionally unstable about that sort of thing ? ??(y)

My ARB 47L/ 50Qt will be 5 years old in March and it has been running 24/7, Both of my ARB's are full of frozen food because of the lockdown, I can't be bothered keep going out shopping So I am set until next summer, (y)(y)
On the other hand MIL's are socially acceptable to be transported in this manner. :unsure:

ARBs seem to be the only ones that fit under the truck bed so I guess my decision is made. Camping trips will be 2-3 nights for us. Will that work for a family of 5 and the 63qt in everyone’s opinion? In Florida so veggies don’t do well for long outside. Not opposed to getting two but really would prefer not to

67cj5

Man On a Mission
ARBs seem to be the only ones that fit under the truck bed so I guess my decision is made. Camping trips will be 2-3 nights for us. Will that work for a family of 5 and the 63qt in everyone’s opinion? In Florida so veggies don’t do well for long outside. Not opposed to getting two but really would prefer not to
Yep, If I was to pick One then it would be the 63qt Classic, the 50qt is a great fridge and the 82qt is awesome but the 63qt just ticks all the right boxes. (y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles