Volcon Electric utility machine

haven

Expedition Leader
Volcon, new Texas-based company, just announced their first product - an electric fat tire two wheel utility machine called the Grunt. The web site lists impressive specs:
100 mile range
Easy battery swap out
Recharges from 110V outlet in 2 hours
75 lb ft of torque
0-60 in 6 seconds
60 mph top speed
MSRP $6000

The battery and motor are sealed, so the Grunt can be operated underwater for a short time. (Human snorkel not included!)

Volcon intends to build 2x2 and 4x4 utility vehicles using this electric power system as well.

Grunt-three-quarter-front-left-2.jpg

Last edited:

nickw

Adventurer
Volcon, new Texas-based company, just announced their first product - an electric fat tire two wheel utility machine called the Grunt. The web site lists impressive specs:
100 mile range
Easy battery swap out
Recharges from 110V outlet in 2 hours
75 lb ft of torque
0-60 in 6 seconds
60 mph top speed
MSRP $6000

The battery and motor are sealed, so the Grunt can be operated underwater for a short time. (Human snorkel not included!)

Volcon intends to build 2x2 and 4x4 utility vehicles using this electric power system as well.

Grunt-three-quarter-front-left-2.jpg
Super cool rig! Thanks for sharing.....but after the Alta hit the trails and we got reports back on real world mileage I am dubious of their claim of 100 miles. Caveats of *UP TO* probably best describe the reality, real world conditions cut the Alta range down to 30-40 miles best case scenario offroad, many couldn't even get that.

A great use case for this would be a farm hand, I doubt those guys ride long distances and could just charge overnight and get them around the farm and the 20 - 50 miles they need to scoot around a day.

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Australia has just been promised the Surron Storm Bee.... claiming 60mile range and top speed of 65...then you read the range was calculated at a speed of 30mph.....like you said above...real world figures are pretty disappointing. I’ve got an Polaris Ranger EV for use around my farm.....it is easily the most loved piece of kit here. The Volcon would be pretty useful around here too I think....but as an Adventure bike????

jkam

nomadic man
I like the looks but it needs a two stroke 125cc engine, then I'd be interested.
Ring a ding ding.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Cool bike.

I'm enjoying the progression of electric moto's

But until we crack the code on battery tech. Things will be terribly limited by range, and will be rather $$$

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles