Total Composites Slide In Camper Kits

svinyard

This looks sweet. It's like a mini version of the Scout Olympic. One of the things I wonder about that Olympic was the upper storage area on the sides, they just had metal brackets. Do you guys sell any cabinet kits or stuff similar to that by chance? (or something else you might recommend?)

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
This looks sweet. It's like a mini version of the Scout Olympic. One of the things I wonder about that Olympic was the upper storage area on the sides, they just had metal brackets. Do you guys sell any cabinet kits or stuff similar to that by chance? (or something else you might recommend?)
We may offer interior cabinetry in the future. Just not right now. We got plenty to do with designing more variations of the slide in campers.

svinyard

We may offer interior cabinetry in the future. Just not right now. We got plenty to do with designing more variations of the slide in campers.
Makes sense, I'm sure you'll be busy delivering these!

Question about composite panels like these. Lets say you did want to mount some L-Tracks to the ceiling/walls or bolt something heavy (like a portable cabinet gear bag etc)...how do you best do that? Is it as simple as drilling a hole with an appropriate backer plate and rubber gasket/washers? (sorry for the newbie question). The composite foam panels seem killer for modding things, but I'm not sure how it works logistically.

Victorian

Makes sense, I'm sure you'll be busy delivering these!

Question about composite panels like these. Lets say you did want to mount some L-Tracks to the ceiling/walls or bolt something heavy (like a portable cabinet gear bag etc)...how do you best do that? Is it as simple as drilling a hole with an appropriate backer plate and rubber gasket/washers? (sorry for the newbie question). The composite foam panels seem killer for modding things, but I'm not sure how it works logistically.
It’s a very valid question. We have instructions for that. Also being mentioned in the more detailed faq page about the camper coming soon. We will have this and much data available in time before we ship them out.

TWX

We kept that in mind and designed the camper to fit inside the tailgate.
Have you considered a model for mid-sized pickup trucks where the buyer may wish to have more space at the expense of a bit of offroad performance?

I'm mulling some kind of slide-in or ute-tray option for my Nissan D40 Frontier crew cab long wheelbase, the model that has a bed with 73'3" from front wall to tailgate and has 44.4" between the wheel wells. I'm happy to lower the tailgate or to replace it with something specifically intended to support the weight of an overhanging camper because for me interior square footage enough for a small water-closet is very high on my list of objectives, basically second after being able to sleep two on the bed over the cab and to sleep one on one side down below.

The additional ~18" that a unit overhanging the tailgate would provide could very much be useful for upfitting the interior, especially if the unit widens-out to the width at the tailgate opening from the rear of the wheel wells to the back of the box.

My very early sketches based on an articulated/telescoping roof were along these lines:

camper-idea-01-rev02-side.jpg camper-idea-01-rev02-top.jpg camper-idea-01-rev02-back.jpg camper-idea-01-rev02-front-translucent.jpg camper-idea-01-rev02-front-opaque-top-down.jpg

I have revisions in mind for the popup to see what I can do that wouldn't be soft-sided and might eliminate the matryoshka doll effect that the top on this early rev has on the bottom.

Either way though, you may find some customers would be happy for the camper to stick-out of the bed of the truck if it means getting that interior volume, even for a hard-sided, fixed-roof design.

VernonBC

YESSSSSS!!!! This is fantastic news!!! Stoked to FINALLY have an option for my half ton Sierra. Been really limited with the 1,500lb payload capacity, love that this thing is so light.

gsea

Been following along anxiously. Will you be making for either of the following:

1) F150 6'6" bed (inside tailgate)
2) F250/350 6'9" bed (inside tailgate)

Victorian

Is it possible to do a radius front (like the Scout) or is a front cap required?
Although it would be possible for us to do so, we are not going to. 1. we don't like to make our campers look like we copied someone else's design 2. we like keep things simple to guaranty that all of our customers can successfully assembly the campers 3. curves/angles ad complexity when it comes to outfitting the interior or finding a mattress that fits.

Cheers,

Victorian

Been following along anxiously. Will you be making for either of the following:

1) F150 6'6" bed (inside tailgate)
2) F250/350 6'9" bed (inside tailgate)

At this point we have:
Inside the tailgate 5.5' length for Tacoma and Gladiator
Inside the tailgate 6.5' length for F-150, Ram1500 and others
Passt the tailgate 8' length for full size pick ups

We are going to roll out each size step by step after all instruction manuals, test fittings and fine tuning is done in mid January.

Reactions: mog

gsea

At this point we have:
Inside the tailgate 5.5' length for Tacoma and Gladiator
Inside the tailgate 6.5' length for F-150, Ram1500 and others
Passt the tailgate 8' length for full size pick ups

We are going to roll out each size step by step after all instruction manuals, test fittings and fine tuning is done in mid January.

Fantastic! I see you have already posted the video and rendering for the 8'. Do you have the dimensional drawings as well?

And for the F150, same question with dimensions and weight?

Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles