Trailscape's 06 Tundra

trailscape

Explorer
Like the bumper! Updated pics after painting would be nice.

i hate mice. I spent many hours cleaning out a classic car from all the damage they caused. And now to remedy that damage, it's going to cost me close to $1K. Filthy creatures.

Yeah, I'm still baffled how they even got in the back of the truck. I have that thing sealed up pretty tight.

trailscape

Explorer
I was looking to escape the smoke and heat in Colorado. Now, I’m down in the gulf area trying to avoid a hurricane. :cautious:

I think I’ll be on the return path shortly. Headed north through central Alabama currently.

Fort Morgan. Taken on Dauphin Island.
061D7FCF-7BE5-466A-86EE-AFC7A2ECB5F3.jpeg

Shortly before things got ugly.

1C4FE4E4-C6F9-47BD-9EB7-FE8212E64A7E.jpeg

Stopped for a stroll on the beach. Didn’t get to stay long.

F550CF5E-E0EC-45D4-BF5E-E565BC920A3A.jpeg

trailscape

Explorer
Weather coming in quick as I was driving north. I was hoping to make it to New Orleans.. lol

0E4D967F-C95B-45B4-A363-C9C9475F9452.jpeg

What I’m looking at now.. :oops:8E73E711-BE9A-42A0-96D1-6AFDE66655B7.png

Last edited:

tennesseewj

Observer
l Installed a Kenwood DMX906S today. Wireless carplay.. Night and day.

Did you have to connect your unit to the truck's OBD port for it to recognize that you're in park?

I have a similar Kenwood unit with wireless Android Auto. I love the unit but Android Auto will only complete set-up if the truck is in park, and my truck isn't communicating that to the head unit currently.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

trailscape

Explorer
Weather coming in quick as I was driving north.

View attachment 612294
Did you have to connect your unit to the truck's OBD port for it to recognize that you're in park?

I have a similar Kenwood unit with wireless Android Auto. I love the unit but Android Auto will only complete set-up if the truck is in park, and my truck isn't communicating that to the head unit currently.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

It did gave me the message about needing the parking brake connected initially, but after a firmware update it went away. I didn’t have to hook anything else up.

trailscape

Explorer
Back in Colorado.. I have a list of things to change/improve on the Tundra. Probably the biggest one is going to be the seats. I have a heap of issues that cause daily pain as it is. Sitting more than a couple hours at a time was quickly becoming miserable.

trailscape

Explorer
I love my Brute Force rear bumper, but man there’s gotta be an easier way to get in an out of the back. It lacks any step in the center making it a chore for my increasingly decrepit ass to climb up there.

3FC971D7-1DA9-4A6A-82C6-0BED3BBB79D6.jpeg

ITTOG

Have you looked at removable scissor stairs. Your could hang them of the bottom of the bumper and it should work for you.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

trailscape

Explorer
Hitch step

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one I was using with the oem bumper, but I like to leave it on there. I could with this bumper, but I'd need to relocate the license plate due to the receiver location. I'm still considering that option.

Also, looks like I'll need about a 10" drop hitch to connect my trailer. :LOL:

trailscape

Explorer
Have you looked at removable scissor stairs. Your could hang them of the bottom of the bumper and it should work for you.

Those look like they'd be awesome, just perhaps a bit of a bulky item to store. I'll keep it in mind.

ITTOG

Those look like they'd be awesome, just perhaps a bit of a bulky item to store. I'll keep it in mind.
I used them with a cargo trailer and plan to use them with my truck camper I am building. I love them. Given what they are and do I don't feel they are too bulky.

smokeysevin

Observer
Why not make something hitch mounted or use the recovery clevis mounts
I have one I was using with the oem bumper, but I like to leave it on there. I could with this bumper, but I'd need to relocate the license plate due to the receiver location. I'm still considering that option.

Also, looks like I'll need about a 10" drop hitch to connect my trailer. :LOL:

That is the biggest issue I have with my truck.

When the hitch was in the stock position under the factory bumper, the departure angle was TERRIBLE and it hung on everything. When I moved the hitch up to inside the frame notch, just under the tailgate, the departure angle is much better but still not great.

On my longer double pwc trailer, the drop hitch (6" I think) was reasonably okay but I ended up flipping the axle from spring under to spring over to make it less of an angle. That made that trailer tow better but the height is now too tall for my trailer jack so unhooking is a pain.

On my shorter trailer, the angle is worse, I would not want to use a 6-8' utility trailer without a much bigger drop.

Sean

trailscape

Explorer
Why not make something hitch mounted or use the recovery clevis mounts

That is the biggest issue I have with my truck.

When the hitch was in the stock position under the factory bumper, the departure angle was TERRIBLE and it hung on everything. When I moved the hitch up to inside the frame notch, just under the tailgate, the departure angle is much better but still not great.

On my longer double pwc trailer, the drop hitch (6" I think) was reasonably okay but I ended up flipping the axle from spring under to spring over to make it less of an angle. That made that trailer tow better but the height is now too tall for my trailer jack so unhooking is a pain.

On my shorter trailer, the angle is worse, I would not want to use a 6-8' utility trailer without a much bigger drop.

Sean

I picked up an 8” drop for my utility trailer. I was still a couple inches short of reaching the hitch with the jack fully extended. It also has a spring over axle

Some kind of step that works off the shackle mount could be great. I didn’t think of that one. The hitch location would be ideal butI’d need to relocate the license plate. It’s still an option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles