2020 Ford Transit AWD

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
@Highlander
Not planning for a locker.
Adding a locker hasn't been "proven" on the USDM Transit AWD system yet and I don't plan to be the first.
It does have LSD.
I'm really just looking for snowy road traction.
Recently took it on a couple steep loose gravel/sand roads and it had tons of traction.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
To make a long story short.......... The Transit I ordered arrived a few weeks ago! I cancelled the order when they still had no delivery date and after ~10 months of waiting. 2020 AWD Ecoboost 14 pass LOADED! Leather, basically every option I could get. MSRP is 61k. The van is at Ken Wilson Ford here in NC if any of you want to grab this beauty!

118472700_3592087790810423_4796990919241520976_o.jpg

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
This is exactly what I have been wanting to see.

I think Scott will publish a more complete article soon but he told me that essentially the biggest issues he sees are the low clearance (no surprise there) and the front bumper. Traction was more than adequate even with the stock tires.
The low clearance can be addressed a little bit with the VanCompass kit and larger tires. Just a couple inches would be enough for my needs.

MarcusBrody

Nice. I was out with my Transit Connect on some pretty rough segments of road this weekend. It was dry, so even the FWD had few traction problems but I had to drive extremely carefully for the clearance. I'm considering upgrading to a Transit someday, so I hope the options for raising the ground clearance a bit turn out to be good ones.

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
To make a long story short.......... The Transit I ordered arrived a few weeks ago! I cancelled the order when they still had no delivery date and after ~10 months of waiting. 2020 AWD Ecoboost 14 pass LOADED! Leather, basically every option I could get. MSRP is 61k. The van is at Ken Wilson Ford here in NC if any of you want to grab this beauty!

118472700_3592087790810423_4796990919241520976_o.jpg
Did this come with the power sliding door?

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
Not to my knowledge. We removed that from the order a while back so I assume they did, who knows.
I thought you mentioned that you removed it.
PSD is holding up a lot of orders, they just got bumped another month. Some have been waiting over a year now.

Grassland

Without a way to reprogram system for larger tires, I see this as a bigger Achilles heel than
the fact you can't jam in particularly large tires.
I am referring to the NA market van in particular.
AWD or aftermarket lockers be damned.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Without a way to reprogram system for larger tires, I see this as a bigger Achilles heel than
the fact you can't jam in particularly large tires.
I am referring to the NA market van in particular.
AWD or aftermarket lockers be damned.

What about the zillions of F-150 with larger tires out there? Do they reprogram their system?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles