Snow Peak Addiction

cactusjk

Explorer
Totally agree!! and will make that suggestion to SP.

I have one of the original 2U IGTs. Too bad those were discontinued.

surf.runner

About to post a WTB in the classifieds section but also wanted to inquire here:

Any ideas or leads on where to find a IGT Single Unit Box either new or used? (I see that they are discontinued and selling the IGT half unit box) but thought I’d check in with the snow peak crew here.

Cheers!

DesertSand05

Observer
About to post a WTB in the classifieds section but also wanted to inquire here:

Any ideas or leads on where to find a IGT Single Unit Box either new or used? (I see that they are discontinued and selling the IGT half unit box) but thought I’d check in with the snow peak crew here.

Cheers!

Not sure, part of the reason they probably got discontinued is because they now sell the containers that fit into the IGT frames. Each contain is one unit and is much lighter and easier to transport than a big hunk of sheet metal, although the steel boxes are really cool looking. If i had to guess I bet the metal IGT cover probably fits right over the container in the IGT just fine.

surf.runner

Oooo...now that’s an interesting thought. Form vs function, I suppose. While the metal is my preferred form I agree that the lightweight, waterproof container is very functional.

spikemd

Explorer
More pizza on the trail! Broke my SP ceramic pizza stone, but a 14 inch standard seems to working. Emailed SP but haven't heard back. I want a replacement.
20200807_161258_copy_1209x906.jpg
20200807_161258_copy_1209x906.jpg20200808_171336_copy_1209x906.jpg20200808_173033_copy_1209x1612.jpg20200808_182630_copy_1209x1612.jpg

Lennart

Adventurer
Came back from France yesterday. Boy it was hot ?

I had another guest on this holiday so had to size down in order to fit everything in my modest size car.

Still amazing how much workspace the 2U IGT provides. I combined it with the multistand and the Snowpeak double burner.
0CSuDm.jpg

4PWkET.jpg

Of course you always have to carry a Fireplace. Here is the little one :)
GxIc2w.jpg

Some oysters for 'apéritif' served on the MyTable. I recommend oysters and G&T as a combination.
TKAI0P.jpg

Some little lights for ambiance ...
ncSBDf.jpg

And just a nice reflection I saw in my glass ?
621V6w.jpg

Happy camping everyone (y)

Lennart

DesertSand05

Observer
Just a heads up, Snow Peak USA got a couple more Festival Edition Items and a new spot lamp. One item in particular is a black carrying bag for a large fire place setup. It’s seems like this sold out fast on the other snow peak stores in japan and the uk. Grabbed one to see if I like it better than the normal bag.

its interesting how snow peak USA trickles out the new stuff, I was hoping this bag would get to the us market.

surf.runner

Snowpeak USA is currently updating their inventory on their website. Quite a few items are now in stock that haven’t been for some time. Cheers!

wolf-camp

Preparations for upcoming 3 weeks vacation in France are running.

Last year's setup was IGT4+IGT4+IGT3, but original SP Windscreen was not high enough to cover the cotton tent of my folding caravan.

1920 SP Setup 1.jpg

As I managed to buy the last few 2 unit IGT's from 100Mountain in Taiwan this spring, the setup is now more compact and with better windscreens made from stainless steel.
Today we arrived at below setup by testing all variants in our living room.

IGT Setup 2020.jpg

Regards
Wolf

Last edited:

wolf-camp

Here some more explanation on the self made windscreens for the IGT2 Units

All you need is 1mm thick stainless steel, someone who offers laser cut service and some stainless screws.
IGT 2 Windshield 3.jpg

To attach it at the IGT a 7mm Stainless Rod is required, cut to the length of the IGT, less 1cm.
IGT 2 Windshield 1.jpg

Slide the 7mm Rod into the slot of the IGT
IGT 2 Windshield 2.jpg

The Back Plate fits perfectly in the gap between the rod and the table.
IGT 2 Windshield 4.jpg

IGT 2 Windshield 5.jpg

Now attach the steel angles (also lase cut from the same material batch, and bent 90 degrees) with 2 screws.
IGT 2 Windshield 6.jpg

Same with the side parts:
IGT 2 Windshield 7.jpg

To fix the side parts I just cutted a slot in a M5x20 stainless screw.
IGT 2 Windshield 8.jpg

Fits perfectly:
IGT 2 Windshield 9.jpg

IGT 2 Windshield 10.jpg

The same will work also on the IGT 3 and 4 units.
For transport I mount all parts together (same bolt pattern) into a flat package that is easy to transport.
Total costs per Windscreen incl. side panels, back panel, 2 angles, screws was about 160 EUR (180 USD).
Laser cut was done by John-Steel in Colmar, France.

Regards
Wolf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles