Cross Country to Montana and Wyoming... (Very pic heavy)

jhmoore

Oh, I do so love that area. And nice photos. You went way off to the right at Schwabacher’s for a different composition, but it’s nice! Sorry you didn’t see any bears... I’ll loan you this one from the Tetons last month! :)
27E08C6A-E0A9-4E8E-8B15-D8475F40C145.jpeg

GreggNY

Oh, I do so love that area. And nice photos. You went way off to the right at Schwabacher’s for a different composition, but it’s nice! Sorry you didn’t see any bears... I’ll loan you this one from the Tetons last month! :)
View attachment 600916

Great shot! I’m so jealous seeing all the pics of 399 and her cubs being posted lately! I’m hoping to try again this fall

Ngneer

Observer
I was expecting/hoping to at least catch a glimpse of a bear on this trip and was striking out. At least the moose were cooperative -

View attachment 593193

View attachment 593194

View attachment 593484
This area definitely deserves another drive at some point. Headed East for the 32+ hour drive home wouldn’t be complete without another dumping of snow the night before. Slow going, but more of the epic scenery -

View attachment 593196

Just under a few weeks, 7000ish miles on the truck, a couple thousand pics, and forever memories. The next drive out West will be happening this Fall…
Very nice write-up, Thank You for posting glad you got around to posting

GreggNY

I was planning the next trip out West for mid September into mid October of this Fall. I'm definitely on the fence about it given the current state of the country with the pandemic still going on, travel restrictions, closings, etc. It's still a possibility but for now, I've been going back over some pics from this last trip. One more from the Teton Range...

_DSC3613-Edit.jpg

UglyViking

Maybe take a local trip up and around new england. From my understanding the Canadian border is still closed to US citizens but you could cruise up CT through MA/NH/ME coast, head up into the north maine woods, then over to Burlington and back down western MA. Some cool places up in the north maine woods from what I hear. I've been looking at doing a trip like that but don't know if I'll be able to get away that long with a newborn at home.

GreggNY

Maybe take a local trip up and around new england. From my understanding the Canadian border is still closed to US citizens but you could cruise up CT through MA/NH/ME coast, head up into the north maine woods, then over to Burlington and back down western MA. Some cool places up in the north maine woods from what I hear. I've been looking at doing a trip like that but don't know if I'll be able to get away that long with a newborn at home.

I've explored Maine a bit, but would definitely like to get back and have a few places in mind. So that's a possibility. If the border opens up soon, a trip through Nova Scotia looks great. This article opened my eyes to it-

UglyViking

I've explored Maine a bit, but would definitely like to get back and have a few places in mind. So that's a possibility. If the border opens up soon, a trip through Nova Scotia looks great. This article opened my eyes to it-

I had read that and thought the same, which lead me to seeing the boarder closing. If you head up into the area let me know and I'll tag along if you don't mind the company. Can prob get away for a day or two for a local adventure.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GreggNY

I had read that and thought the same, which lead me to seeing the boarder closing. If you head up into the area let me know and I'll tag along if you don't mind the company. Can prob get away for a day or two for a local adventure.

It's looking like a much better idea to stay local so I'll shoot you a message if I'm up that way

GreggNY

I borrowed a drone from a buddy last minute before I left for this trip so really didn't know what I was doing and only go decent clips while I was out there. I forgot that I had taken some still images too though. Both of these were from somewhere West of Glacier National Park. These shots definitely make the full size Ram look like a toy!

DJI_0031 1.jpg

DJI_0037.jpg

GreggNY

How did you take that second shot? Were you stopped or did you have someone piloting it while you were driving?

My girlfriend was trying to get the follow mode to work while I was driving, but I was probably stopped for that shot.

UglyViking

My girlfriend was trying to get the follow mode to work while I was driving, but I was probably stopped for that shot.
That's still really slick. I'll have to tell my buddy to bring his drone on a VT trip I'm taking early Sept. Should get some cool shots.

glwright

Love the pictures, love the truck. 'Bout the same as everyone else so far. Your pictures really make me want to go back and explore that area some more. Thank you for sharing!

GreggNY

Love the pictures, love the truck. 'Bout the same as everyone else so far. Your pictures really make me want to go back and explore that area some more. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks! Beautiful areas of the country, and I cant wait to get back there too

Klutch7

@GreggNY I really enjoyed looking through this thread. It made me miss Montana & Wyoming in a painful way! Some of the most beautiful areas of our country. The Power Wagon is sweet - looking through your build thread next. Cheers and thanks for sharing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles