Camp Chef Everest

steveoverland

Hi all after reading several amazing reviews for the camp chef Everest I purchased one from the US and got it sent to the UK...... how ever I need to purchase the mountain series hose and regulator Now to make it work here, but they don’t let me post it to the UK on the camp chef website, anyone have one they want to sell and happy to post it to the UK please ..... Or know who sells them outside of camp chef... all help really appreciated....

steveoverland

Does anyone know what pressure the campchef Everest runs at please.... think I have a solution if I can find out the pressure.

llamalander

I took a look at my Everest, but the label came off the regulator long ago- What sort of attachment did the stove come with?
Here in the states, I use the stock regulator that is supplied on the bent brass tube. I have a hose that has fittings for a 1lb. bottle (stove side, called ACME or A type 1 here) & a bulk propane tank on the other (grill style), and use a 10lb. tank.
My impression is that it is a low pressure regulator (1/2 p.s.i.), but the hose should be rated for higher pressure, like 150-200 p.s.i. to handle the bulk tank pressure safely.
Here's a link to a U.S. hose--I don't know what sort of fittings you use on grill tanks in the U.K
Hope that helps

steveoverland

I took a look at my Everest, but the label came off the regulator long ago- What sort of attachment did the stove come with?
Here in the states, I use the stock regulator that is supplied on the bent brass tube. I have a hose that has fittings for a 1lb. bottle (stove side, called ACME or A type 1 here) & a bulk propane tank on the other (grill style), and use a 10lb. tank.
My impression is that it is a low pressure regulator (1/2 p.s.i.), but the hose should be rated for higher pressure, like 150-200 p.s.i. to handle the bulk tank pressure safely.
Here's a link to a U.S. hose--I don't know what sort of fittings you use on grill tanks in the U.K
Hope that helps
I have the bent regulator as well but it doesn’t say pressure on it, we can’t get the bottles to it it here so have cut the brass pipe and flared it to keep a hose on, but when trying with low pressure gas here it barely got warm, so presuming it’s a high pressure one, but can’t find out how high????

Steve_P

Don't know what you can get across the pond. There are still some old high pressure stoves over here that run on 15psig. Those regulators aren't available anymore so some folks are using adjustable regulators.

TheDirty120

I cut that bent crappy hard line and put a Swagelok fitting on there to a hose then auto closing Swagelok quick connect on the hose and a open quick connect on the stove.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles